Week 4: Falcons' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm aware.

I thought Detroit had a time out left at which point I thought it was lunacy there was a 10 second run off and Detroit couldn't use their time out after the review.

Apparently I'm wrong. They used all their TOs.

Except Detroit didn't ask for a replay. It was an officials replay. So why the 10 second runoff?

Except Detroit didn't ask for a replay. It was an officials replay. So why the 10 second runoff?

It doesn't seem exactly fair, but with 8 seconds left on the clock, the officials / rule book determine that it would be wholly unfair to have the replay and give Detroit enough time to concoct a play, get to the line and snap the ball when in 8 seconds it's almost impossible although I think it could be done. So, putting the time on the clock, essentially would have given Detroit an extra TO and more time to get organized which is certainly an unfair extension. Just unfortunate wacky thing....

How good is the Falcons O-line? It's great to have an army of deep threats but if Ryan is on his keester...?

They're pretty solid at the tackle and center spots, but Levitre is getting long in the tooth, and the RG position has been weak this season after Chris Chester retired. Wes Schweitzer--a 2nd-year converted OT from SJ State--has looked largely out of place in pass protection, and can be taken advantage of by quicker DTs.

If Ryan Schraeder is out at RT, then Ty Sambrailo is a guy you can attack with your pass rush as well. Shaq would actually be a pretty good matchup against him since he's less speed and more power, and Sambrailo lacks the sand-in-his-pants prototypical RT build.

Early Bird Report: McNabb calls Falcons 'overrated'

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. -- After reflecting on their close road win, the Falcons (3-0) are ready to turn the page and focus on a home matchup against another tough opponent in the Buffalo Bills (2-1). There are a few aspects of the game to sharpen up on for Atlanta, but returning to the friendly confines of Mercedes-Benz Stadium should provide a nice boost.

Today’s Early Bird Report includes an introduction to the “Excitement Index,” a former NFL player calling the Falcons overrated and some injury news from within the division.

Enjoy!

It doesn't seem exactly fair, but with 8 seconds left on the clock, the officials / rule book determine that it would be wholly unfair to have the replay and give Detroit enough time to concoct a play, get to the line and snap the ball when in 8 seconds it's almost impossible although I think it could be done. So, putting the time on the clock, essentially would have given Detroit an extra TO and more time to get organized which is certainly an unfair extension. Just unfortunate wacky thing....

Did you see what the Iggles did with 7 seconds?

The Bills defense has been top-10 in the NFL against both the pass and run. The problem for the Bills is that Atlanta has been almost as stingy against the run as our own defense, allowing only 85.0 YPG. Much like the Denver game, I think the Bills must be at least +1 if not +2 in the turnover battle to win this one on the road. Let's not forget that Denver was better passing and better running the football on Sunday. The only difference in that game was really turnovers. They had 94 more yards of offense and 5 more first downs.

The Bills defense has been top-10 in the NFL against both the pass and run. The problem for the Bills is that Atlanta has been almost as stingy against the run as our own defense, allowing only 85.0 YPG. Much like the Denver game, I think the Bills must be at least +1 if not +2 in the turnover battle to win this one on the road. Let's not forget that Denver was better passing and better running the football on Sunday. The only difference in that game was really turnovers. They had 94 more yards of offense and 5 more first downs.

total rushing yards over 3 weeks

Bears 8th - 121.7 ypg

Lions 17th - 97 ypg

Packers 27th - 69 ypg

Also we were much more efficient with the yards we gained largely due to our red zone performance both from an offensive and defensive perspective than the Broncos.

Again, this largely has to do with good coaching, game day preparation and play calling.

Edited by Magox