Tyrod QBR

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the end of the day it comes down to individual performances as a passer and individual match up. So far the defense has kept the Bills within a possession. Buffalo is not going to abandon the run unless they absolutely have no other choice. Taylor is only obligated to give us a chance to win a football game. Carolina is disappointing game but even at his worst Taylor had the ball in his hand with a chance to steal one on the road. Taylor is not making a boat load of money. Unless he just crumbles which I dont expect he is the QB next with or without a drafted QB.

Well I'm sold. He's clearly a better passer than Dan Marino.

No one said that but it's impossible to say "bad" right now. It's a 6 game window (the most recent 6 games) but that would have had him sandwiched between Rodgers and Brees. Obviously they are all-time great passers but cleary Tyrod isn't incompetent. He rarely makes mistakes. We WAY underrate that aspect of his game. 17-15, 51 TDS vs. 17 turnovers.

No one said that but it's impossible to say "bad" right now. It's a 6 game window (the most recent 6 games) but that would have had him sandwiched between Rodgers and Brees. Obviously they are all-time great passers but cleary Tyrod isn't incompetent. He rarely makes mistakes. We WAY underrate that aspect of his game. 17-15, 51 TDS vs. 17 turnovers.

Did I miss something? 13 INT's, 2 lost Fumbles.

Yep. The throw rolling to the left to OLeary was tremendous (as was the catch). The run for 14 yards and first down when he was all but sacked pretty much no one makes. The TD to Clay running and stopping and seeing the play materialize not a lot of guys make either. He has a lot of faults but he makes plays few make and he doesn't get credit for them.

I thought he ended his season on that run! The Oleary throw was top shelf as you mentioned.

BTW, my sons immediately predicted the "grandson of Jack" mention by the broadcast crew - had a great laugh when they fulfilled our wish after the replay.

I think he is developing in his ability to look for the pass while running. As you mentioned, the Clay pass showed a greater ability to see the field. He certainly was the better QB in that game yesterday. A week ago, I think we would have traded TT for Seimien in a heartbeat. Now...not so much. I don't think that TT is Rogers or Brady, but he just might be a QB that can make enough plays to put us into the playoffs. Is he the long-term answer? I don't think so. I'd love to use ONE of our first round picks next year on a QB.

Or his rating over his last 6 starts has been 103.6. I guess that enough for haters to try to ignore.

I've grown tired of the debate. The same few folks want to belabor the point. I'm so tired of it. In the middle of the season it's especially stupid because we will have more answers over the next 14 weeks.

Weirdly enough many of these people were all big EJ proponents before the Jacksonville game. It is a weird small group of Bills fans.

I'm working on compiling where exactly the numbers would rank, but since becoming a starter he has a YPT of 6.17, a TD% of 4.23%, a TO% of 1.24%, and a passer rating of 94.6.

Then you will hear a bunch of people talk about how they are misleading. Everyone else's numbers tell a story but Tyrod's aren't real.

That's why I'm always defending him. It's not because he's great but might be the most unappreciated player we've ever had. The guy is the exact guy we love too. He's a humble guy, earned everything, never complained about money, losing his weapons or criticism or anything. Just came out and played at a level none of us could have expected 2 1/2 years ago. Yet so many still aren't convinced that he's even a starting QB?!? There is mounds and mounds of evidence to say otherwise and basically nothing supporting it other than stubbornness.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Joe Montana

I'm thinking that I might block you (just learning about this). I have enough craziness at home. I like to have good football debate but when I read that "Siemian's ceiling is Joe Montana" and that Tyrod can get any better I just don't have time for that kind of lunacy.

Maybe he meant Joe Mantegna

https://goo.gl/images/MN2nq1

@YardsPerPass

These are the 3 deep balls that TT threw. On all of them there is depth from his OL, getting convinced that this is necessary for him

DKlkVHRWAAAqFUX.jpg

DKlkVHOX0AAVNjH.jpg

DKlkVHQWkAErjwD.jpg

This is really good insight here. I've always thought he literally has trouble seeing the field over the line. Can't say I was overly impressed with Tyrod's performance today. He took care of the ball well like he always does, but still had a number of awful throws, most of his yards came on simple check down and short passes that ended up getting big YAC, still held the ball too long on a lot of plays where windows were open for a second, and still did the panicky scramble into the rush thing a few times.

I don't think I'm expecting his play to change too much at this point. I thought he might continue to develop on these things last year, but it seems he is the player he is at this point.

Sorry to be a downer on the subject after a big win! This W was 95% because of the defense IMO. Holy hell this new secondary is good. Tre White looking like a fantastic draft pick so far. Gains, Poyer, and Hyde were all lights out yesterday, too.

Edited by DC Greg

This is really good insight here. I've always thought he literally has trouble seeing the field over the line. Can't say I was overly impressed with Tyrod's performance today. He took care of the ball well like he always does, but still had a number of awful throws, most of his yards came on simple check down and short passes that ended up getting big YAC, still held the ball too long on a lot of plays where windows were open for a second, and still did the panicky scramble into the rush thing a few times.

I don't think I'm expecting his play to change too much at this point. I thought he might continue to develop on these things last year, but it seems he is the player he is at this point.

Sorry to be a downer on the subject after a big win! This W was 95% because of the defense IMO. Holy hell this new secondary is good. Tre White looking like a fantastic draft pick so far. Gains, Poyer, and Hyde were all lights out yesterday, too.

He had 4 incompletions with 2 drops!! Only one guy has posted a QB rating over 100 vs. Denver since 2014. Tyrod was 126!!! The highest that Denver group has seen. You walked out of there saying "not impressed?!?" He single handidly carried that offense yesterday and put up 26 against a great defense. Over the last 6 starts his QB rating has been 103.6 (that would have been 5th in the league).

The Bills D was really good yesterday but come on!! What game were you watching?!?

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Then you will hear a bunch of people talk about how they are misleading. Everyone else's numbers tell a story but Tyrod's aren't real.

That's why I'm always defending him. It's not because he's great but might be the most unappreciated player we've ever had. The guy is the exact guy we love too. He's a humble guy, earned everything, never complained about money, losing his weapons or criticism or anything. Just came out and played at a level none of us could have expected 2 1/2 years ago. Yet so many still aren't convinced that he's even a starting QB?!? There is mounds and mounds of evidence to say otherwise and basically nothing supporting it other than stubbornness.

Okay, ran the gambit.

Completion%: 63.0% - T-17 w/ Carr

YPA: 7.40 - 12th

YPG: 232.2 - 26th

TD/G: 1.594 - 20th

TD/TO: 3.40 - 2nd (Brady has a ridiculous 6.25)

YPT: 6.17 - 19th

TD%: 4.23% - 20th

TO%: 1.24 - 2nd (Top 5 here are Brady, Tyrod, A Smith, Dak, & Rodgers w/ Wilson coming in at 6th. Nice company imo.)

Passer Rating: 94.6 - T-12 w/ Bradford

He had 4 incompletions with 2 drops!! Only one guy has posted a QB rating over 100 vs. Denver since 2014. Tyrod was 126!!! The highest that Denver group has seen. You walked out of there saying "not impressed?!?" He single handidly carried that offense yesterday and put up 26 against a great defense. Over the last 6 starts his QB rating has been 103.6 (that would have been 5th in the league).

The Bills D was really good yesterday but come on!! What game were you watching?!?

Yes, high completion percentage on most short passes. Some of those went for bigger gains in YAC that pad the QBs numbers. Stats can often be misleading. I watched every play as I usually do, but it is hard to see the routes that may have been open downfield on TV. I'll be interested to see the All 22 and if there were many open receivers that were missed, which seems to be the case a lot with him.

Tyrod still has trouble getting the ball down the field, which you need to do to win in most NFL games. A lot of his completions were also when the receiver was completely wide open, no defender within 5 yards. I'm glad he hit those, but you still don't see much of Tyrod fitting the ball into tight windows and throwing to receivers on time out of breaks. Again, I think that's who he is as a player. Not an anticipation thrower. And that's not a long term winning strategy as an NFL QB in my humble opinion.

The defense gave the offense the ball with a very short field on almost every drive we scored on. And 4 of those scores were Hauska field goals. 3 of which were very long field goals where the offense had a 3 and out or very short drive. Didn't help the kicker there, but he came through anyways. There were a ton of 3 and outs in general, as usual.

Tyrod did what he does well when we win, and that's great. But per usual, among other weaknesses, I've seen nothing to show that he can take us on a two minute drive and read/pick apart a defense to tie or win a game. In my HUMBLE opinion, with this good of a defense (if they keep playing this way), that will take us to another 7-9 maybe 8-8 finish.

Or his rating over his last 6 starts has been 103.6. I guess that enough for haters to try to ignore.

One of the problems is that the Bills offense isnt set up for 300 yard passing games for a number of reasons. When Tyrod has a good game, people arent happy because it isnt 300 yards and 3 TD's. The Oline is inconsistent in pass protection so until that changes Taylor will not be sitting in the pocket letting his WR's get down field. People who only grade QB's by how many 300 yard games they have are people who dont know what they are talking about.