What if people in NFL stadiums took a knee today too?

What difference should it make? Blind allegiance to a country should not be forced. Do what you want so long as it doesn't impede others to enjoy the anthem as well.

Someone kneeling during the anthem hurts zero solider feelings. Trust me, we have better things to worry about. Send care packages rather than be up in arms about a stupid song.

I'm so sick of this non story.

Except it's not a "non story". The POTUS made a statement advocating the denial of free speech to a specific group of people who do, indeed, have legitimate grievances, if not specifically for themselves, but certainly for people who look like them and share their racial/ethnic heritage. The statement was, at best, divisive and inappropriate. At worst, it was blatantly racist.

Even if many, if not most, NFL players are millionaires or on their way to being millionaires, it doesn't always exempt them from being victims of racism in subtle ways because racism remains alive and well , and the POTUS has openly given his stamp of approval to it. In fact, he went out of his way to do so.

His statement requires a response from all Americans who aren't racists as well as from all Americans who value the Bill of Rights. It's certainly NOT a "non-story".

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am hopeful we can replace the anthem with speeches against white supremacy and racial injustice before every game. If the players were the ones giving the speeches, that would be all the better.

Players should also be permitted to put stickers on their helmets to support their favorite causes.

I think a lot of them (maybe Dareus), are really into sleeping late for meetings so they could put flyers for an upcoming mattress sale on their helmets.

I got that from significant research into the issue and Kaepernick is simply wrong. If you want to reduce the number of police shootings through more training fine. But it isn't a racial issue.

not a racial issue? just happens to be mostly african americans who get shot right? just a coincidence? smh

not a racial issue? just happens to be mostly african americans who get shot right? just a coincidence? smh

https://github.com/washingtonpost/data-police-shootings/blob/master/fatal-police-shootings-data.csv

Get off of CNN's teat.. learn a little something. https://github.com/washingtonpost/data-police-shootings/blob/master/fatal-police-shootings-data.csv .

Edited by markgbe

A majority of Americans support players peaceful right to protest. A majority of Americans are appalled at what happened to Philando Castillo & Tamir Rice. A majority of Americans support equality and that means that Black Lives Matter equally as much as white lives.

The idea that a player as good as Kaepernick is out of the league is all the evidence you need that the 31 white NFL owners conspired to blackball Kaepernick. Thankfully Trump and his big-mouth put a megaphone to the silent back-door deal that was made to keep Kaepernick out of the league.

For that reason the NFL Boycott continues.

the look on your face when you realize kaepernick is out of the league by his own actions and opting out of his contract must be a helluva pretty sight

I'll watch the game but not the spoiled little virtue signallers out there taking a knee.The average Joe working slob who watches the NFL doesnt want to see that crap.

The NFL doesnt give a damn about the fans..never has and never will.

oh BS

Ok from now on you are the king of joe working slobs,.

The Trump supporters are desperately clutching onto their vision of how America maybe once was...because the current America moving forward is leaving them behind. And it makes them scared.

Except Trump in no way represents the way America was. As a veteran and now 74 years old I in no way served to defend what this man proposes. I never liked him but now I fear him. I'd take a knee at his gatherings while his groupies stand for him.

Except it's not a "non story". The POTUS made a statement advocating the denial of free speech to a specific group of people who do, indeed, have legitimate grievances, if not specifically for themselves, but certainly for people who look like them and share their racial/ethnic heritage. The statement was, at best, divisive and inappropriate. At worst, it was blatantly racist.

Even if many, if not most, NFL players are millionaires or on their way to being millionaires, it doesn't always exempt them from being victims of racism in subtle ways because racism remains alive and well , and the POTUS has openly given his stamp of approval to it. In fact, he went out of his way to do so.

His statement requires a response from all Americans who aren't racists as well as from all Americans who value the Bill of Rights. It's certainly NOT a "non-story".

The most racist part of all of this are the racist ass holes taking a knee and their racist supporters.

A majority of Americans support players peaceful right to protest. A majority of Americans are appalled at what happened to Philando Castillo & Tamir Rice. A majority of Americans support equality and that means that Black Lives Matter equally as much as white lives.

The idea that a player as good as Kaepernick is out of the league is all the evidence you need that the 31 white NFL owners conspired to blackball Kaepernick. Thankfully Trump and his big-mouth put a megaphone to the silent back-door deal that was made to keep Kaepernick out of the league.

For that reason the NFL Boycott continues.

Kaepernick opted out of football.