Darnold, Rosen, Rudolph, Mayfield and Allen

BuffaloBaumer

Hey look another Call out post.

I never took anything about is play personally. Now you find me those comments about how he is a bad teammate like you claim yet?

No I haven't but I am working on it. I am going to go back all the way to his grammar school when he was a tennis player. I am sure he bad mouth a teammate back then.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously I don't have the resources nor time or for that matter desire to analyze every single throw from these guys but from my limited take on them, if all these guys were to declare for the draft, I don't think it would be necessary to have to trade up to get a good starting caliber QB. Mayfield could be around somewhere in that 8-20 area.

Correct. This year, there were good prospects available at 10. No reason to think that would not be the case in a more QB-rich draft like 2018. No trade-up, please.

• Lamar is a train wreck. Just watch Louisville vs Houston last year or any game he plays when he faces pressure. Not pretty.

Darnold is likely your #1 if he declares but USC is struggling on offense (struggling is a relative term)

Rudolph is the guy I like right now. Oklahoma State is playing like a BCS contender after closing 2016 like a BCS contender. Rudolph has been lights out.

So far the two Qb's that intrigues me are Rosen and Rudolph, from what I've seen so far.

I can see that also. Use the first two picks for Ol, Lb or Wr.

no... this team has to address qb first and foremost with the best prospect available at the time they pick in 1st...no more of this BS waiting on addressing the qb

Correct. This year, there were good prospects available at 10. No reason to think that would not be the case in a more QB-rich draft like 2018. No trade-up, please.

I dont think that will be the case. This draft could go

QB

QB

QB

With the first three picks with all the needy teams out there

So far the two Qb's that intrigues me are Rosen and Rudolph, from what I've seen so far.

I can see that also. Use the first two picks for Ol, Lb or Wr.

Rosen & Darnold are going to be gone before we pick. They are top 5 picks if they decide to go out. We need Rudolph to fall to us. I am not crazy about Mayfield, I don't like his delivery. Allen, I don't know, every time he has played a big 5 conference team has not looked good.

I can see Darnold and Rosen being gone unless the Bills can swing a trade up. I will be watching a lot of Mason Rudolph between now and the end of the college season.

I see him as a realistic target at around 10ish. I don't want any part of Allen.

Edited by GunnerBill

...interesting...Astrobot's Drafttek site has Buffalo taking Falk at #43 as their QB pick.......OT & DT with the two firsts...............

http://www.drafttek.com/2018-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round1b.asp

I would not want to pick an OT with our 1st pick if it wasn't a QB. I'm going under the assumption that Glenn will be our LT for the foreseeable future and that Dawkins is to be our RT. Am I missing something?

And I do not think this will draft projection anywhere near accurate. But then again, what do I know?

Since we are not going to be bad enough to get Rosen or Darnold, and since even those guys are 50-50 (remember the great 83 class had three studs and three duds, although Ken O'Brien was okay), I say we use our two number ones to draft two of these guys and let them fight it out over the next couple years. One will be the starter and the other the backup.

It's impossible for anyone on the planet to KNOW beforehand who is going to hit or miss with any degree of consistency. Get two of the top seven or eight, so maybe we end up with something like Mayfield and Jackson or Rudolph and Allen.

Since we are not going to be bad enough to get Rosen or Darnold, and since even those guys are 50-50 (remember the great 83 class had three studs and three duds, although Ken O'Brien was okay), I say we use our two number ones to draft two of these guys and let them fight it out over the next couple years. One will be the starter and the other the backup.

It's impossible for anyone on the planet to KNOW beforehand who is going to hit or miss with any degree of consistency. Get two of the top seven or eight, so maybe we end up with something like Mayfield and Jackson or Rudolph and Allen.

bad idea. Not enough snaps or reps to figure out which one is the best.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.