McDermott: Not Enough Separation from the Bills' WRs

26CornerBlitz

For Taylor to throw the football to a WR he needs to be open by 5 yards. We should see if the NFL will let us use those orange batons that they use to taxi planes so Taylor can see our WR running open.

Could you imagine if we had a WR like Dez Bryant or Mike Evans, those two guys are covered sometimes but their QB's throw them jump balls because they know they will win it. Taylor would never throw a ball that close to a covered WR, Dez and Mike would want out of here after their first year playing with Taylor.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Taylor to throw the football to a WR he needs to be open by 5 yards. We should see if the NFL will let us use those orange batons that they use to taxi planes so Taylor can see our WR running open.

Could you imagine if we had a WR like Dez Bryant or Mike Evans, those two guys are covered sometimes but their QB's throw them jump balls because they know they will win it. Taylor would never throw a ball that close to a covered WR, Dez and Mike would want out of here after their first year playing with Taylor.

:lol: More hyperbole is what we need. Thanks for providing it.

To be fair, it's a combination of the WR group not being that good, the QB being limited and the o-line not always holding their blocks. The scheme and game plan ties in there somewhere but realistically, it doesn't matter if you have the best plan in the world of the guys executing it just aren't that good.

Edited by Bangarang

1. Jordan Matthews, Zay Jones, Andre Holmes, and Brandon Tate; are still better than:

2. Marquise Goodwin, Justin Hunter, Walt Powell, and Brandon Tate.

They're both crap. But Group #1 is better overall IMO.

The Bills were able to produce 25 points with group #2 @ Miami last season with Shady injuring himself and rushing for 11yds that game.

A. Lynn >>>>>>> Dennison. The end.

This, exactly. I'm tired of Dennison. He is AWFUL.

To be fair, it's a combination of the WR group not being that good, the QB being limited and the pass blocking not always holding their blocks. The scheme and game plan ties in their somewhere but realistically, it doesn't matter if you have the best plan in the world of the guys executing it just aren't that good.

We have a terrible game plan that is clear to the defense, plus a sub-par QB, and one to two above average WR's (Matthews and Zay) and average WR's (Holmes, Tate). We don't have an all-star, but you shouldn't need a game-braking all-star WR to put up points when you have Shady, IMo. You need a decent QB and game plan.

this. TT's biggest weakness is that he refuses to throw with anticipation and to give his guys the chance to win jump balls. Put TT on Dallas and Dez is just another WR. Put him on Arizona, and Larry Fitz would get 0 catches.

This, exactly. I'm tired of Dennison. He is AWFUL.

We have a terrible game plan that is clear to the defense, plus a sub-par QB, and one to two above average WR's (Matthews and Zay) and average WR's (Holmes, Tate). We don't have an all-star, but you shouldn't need a game-braking all-star WR to put up points when you have Shady, IMo. You need a decent QB and game plan.

this. TT's biggest weakness is that he refuses to throw with anticipation and to give his guys the chance to win jump balls. Put TT on Dallas and Dez is just another WR. Put him on Arizona, and Larry Fitz would get 0 catches.

Zay Jones is above average? Two games into his career, I'd have to say he's not. Holmes and Tate are both below average with Tate being primarily a KR/PR.

What you are getting is

Seperation from the fan base with yet another Pop Warner Offense on display in the NFL

Yep and if they are limiting their playbook because of TT or any other player, they are doing it wrong. Open the book, an NFL level playbook, and see who can compete. Playing conservatively in a passing league dominated by big play potential does nothing for us competitively nor does it allow for a proper evaluation of talent

What do these people expect when your WR depth chart consists of slot WR's and castoffs?

And again, while I have no problem moving on from guys like Watkins and Goodwin, the effort this team made to get any real vertical threat to replace them was feeble at best.

Going to be a very long season if the running game continues to struggle and we can't pass the ball more than 10 yards at a time.

TT's biggest weakness is that he refuses to throw with anticipation and to give his guys the chance to win jump balls. Put TT on Dallas and Dez is just another WR. Put him on Arizona, and Larry Fitz would get 0 catches.

Uh huh. Last play of the Panthers game Taylor threw to a point in space, leading his receiver away from coverage and into the end zone. The result? Zero ball awareness by the receiver, who didn't track a forty-yard pass until it was right on top of him - then made the clumsiest imaginable play on the ball. So your take is right - except for the most heavily scrutinized play in years. What do ya guess it's wrong on countless unscrutinized plays as well?

Edited by grb

Wait, did Matthews just call out the game plan? "Makes it easier for their corners to do their job"

I kind of took it that way

Harris, Talib, and Roby vs. Matthews, Jones, and Holmes. I wonder who has the advantage in those matchups?

Lol good lord. I think I would put the over under at 70 yards for our receivers in total

Yep and if they are limiting their playbook because of TT or any other player, they are doing it wrong. Open the book, an NFL level playbook, and see who can compete. Playing conservatively in a passing league dominated by big play potential does nothing for us competitively nor does it allow for a proper evaluation of talent

They are doing that because though the FO and Coachinf Staff know this is a transition year. They want to compete and try to end the 17 year drought at the same time.

I just wish they would act like they know what it is a evaluation year. I think most Bills fans can accept a crap win year if they are seeing the entire playbooks on Sunday (wait no they wont what am i saying)

I often feel this message board is some kind of secret government psychological experiment. The way some posters read or hear something then conclude something from that is really fascinating. It is like the pass-it-on game. Wonderful fun sometimes....completely off base....but wonderful fun nonetheless.