QB teams

4merper4mer

I think the Giants have to be added to the list of team potentially dating high and drafting a QB. Eli is old and they suck.

Jags, Jets, Bengals, Colts???, Chargers?, Cards look bad, Niners. Probably left some off.

Saints...they can't franchise Brees again and most likely won't re-sign him to long term deal

I'm thinking McD wants a certain QB in the 2018 draft and will trade up for him. He passed on Mahomes, Watson and Kizer.

He's letting Dennison and Castillo run systems that are not a good match for this O imo only

Peterman is a better QB for pocket and timing passes, not Taylor's strength.

Maybe that is the system McD wants to run and is finding out which players will fit and who to replace.

I think the Giants have to be added to the list of team potentially dating high and drafting a QB. Eli is old and they suck.

Jags, Jets, Bengals, Colts???, Chargers?, Cards look bad, Niners. Probably left some off.

I think that you demonstrate your superb breadth and depth of football knowledge with this post.

Saints...they can't franchise Brees again and most likely won't re-sign him to long term deal

Agreed. And they appear to suck.

I should probably take the Colts off the list because even if they decide to trade Luck and draft a QB as the one thread speculated, their addition to the list would mean the subtraction of their trade partner.

I think that you demonstrate your superb breadth and depth of football knowledge with this post.

Thanks.

This. Eli would be fine if he had any time in the pocket. I'm not saying they won't start looking to the future soon, but my guess is they will still try to build around the QB they have for the time being.

Eli is also approximately 57 years old. They could go with a second tier guy and let Eli bridge for a bit, but could also target a top guy.

Friend and I went through all the teams that could need a qb next year a week or two ago. This was our list.

Browns

Bills

Bengals (possible. Team is getting sick of dalton)

Cardinals

Chargers (rivers is old)

49ers

Giants

Jaguars

Jets

Ravens(possible)

Redskins (if cousins doesn't come back)

Saints (Brees is old)

Steelers (Ben is old idr if hes retiring after this year)

Vikings(Bradford gets injured a lot and Bridgewater is unknown after injury)

Teams that will definitely be in the market for a QB next offseason:

Buffalo

NYJ

SF

Teams that will likely be in the market for a QB next offseason:

Cincinnati

Jacksonville

Arizona

Surprise teams that could chase a QB next offseason:

Miami

Baltimore

Indianapolis

LAC

Minnesota

NO

Washington

NYG

I'll assume that maybe 3 of the surprise teams chase QBs, so the total would be 9 teams in the market.

Of course, you have to factor in that QBs will be available in FA as well, so you're looking at the following filling some of the above:

Jimmy Garappolo

AJ McCarron

Alex Smith

Kirk Cousins

Drew Brees

Sam Bradford

Teddy Bridgewater

The list is

Teams that will definitely be in the market for a QB next offseason:

Buffalo

NYJ

SF

Teams that will likely be in the market for a QB next offseason:

Cincinnati

Jacksonville

Arizona

Surprise teams that could chase a QB next offseason:

Miami

Baltimore

Indianapolis

LAC

Minnesota

NO

Washington

NYG

I'll assume that maybe 3 of the surprise teams chase QBs, so the total would be 9 teams in the market.

Of course, you have to factor in that QBs will be available in FA as well, so you're looking at the following filling some of the above:

Jimmy Garappolo

AJ McCarron

Alex Smith

Kirk Cousins

Drew Brees

Sam Bradford

Teddy Bridgewater

Pretty good list. I would make a few adjustments.

PROBABLE: (5 Teams)

Buffalo, New York Jets and San Francisco are the only ones I consider absolutely certain.

Jacksonville is almost a certainty. This is Bortles last chance.

Arizona is highly likely. Palmer will be 38 and is looking like crap.

POSSIBLE: (7 Teams)

Cleveland likes Kizer, but I don't see them passing on a Top 5 QB if he is staring them in the face.

New Orleans is a definite possibility. Brees will be 39 and a free agent.

Pittsburgh is a wild card nobody has mentioned. But Roethlisberger has been talking retirement for 2-3 seasons now.

Denver is getting decent production from Siemien right now, but I don't expect that to continue. And Lynch has been a bust so far.

San Diego and the New York Giants will keep Rivers/Manning for at least another season. But they will be 36 and 37, so both teams may be looking to the future.

Washington has been unwilling to give Cousins a contract. Will they finally cave, or finally let him walk?

UNLIKELY: (5 Teams)

St. Louis invested too much in Goff to give up after 2 seasons, regardless of how he plays. Same with Philadelphia and Wentz.

Minnesota likes Bradford, and still has Bridgewater as a fall-back option. They are slightly possible, but I think unlikely.

Cincinnati isn't going to move on from Dalton. He's been solid for too long.

Miami isn't moving on unless Tannehill has a serious setback with his injury. Same situation as Dalton.

NO WAY: (15 Teams)

Baltimore isn't moving on from Flacco. He's been a solid QB and his contract is too expensive to dump.

Indianapolis isn't moving on from Luck. See Baltimore/Flacco.

Houston, Kansas City and Chicago just drafted their QBs of the future.

New England either keeps Garoppolo or Brady plays another year. Possibly both.

Tennessee, Oakland, Dallas, Detroit, Green Bay, Carolina, Atlanta, Tampa Bay, Seattle all have relatively young franchise QBs.

That's what happens when a GM doesn't think things through (see also Dareus contract of 2015)

The Bills FO hasn't "thought things through" as far as building a winning team since 2001. They shuffle and reshuffle their first and second round picks among DBs, RBs, and WRs that they use as replacements for the previous first and second round DBs, RBs, and WRs that they've kicked to the curb through trades and FA. They sprinkle in a few other positions just so it's not too obvious. They'll also occasionally add big name FAs to con the fans into thinking they're trying to build a winner like Takeo Spikes, Terrell Owens, and Mario Williams. When the fans get really restless, they draft a QB: Losman in 2004, Manuel in 2013, and some college QB to be named later in 2018. The Bills players they choose to extend are sometimes fan faves like Kyle Williams but oftentimes JAGs like Chris Kelsay, but they're seldom the most talented guys on the team.

Marcel Dareus is the rare true talented player they've chosen to pay -- at least for now -- and yes, he is worth his $$$. The problem with Dareus' contract, if there's any real problem at all and not simply FO propaganda in preparation of dumping him before next season, is that the contract is poorly written in its effects on the Bills cap situation. That's solely on the Bills FO because teams that are interested in winning always find ways to not only keep their best talent but also slurp up the younger talent that teams like the Bills, Indy, Cincinatti, and NO can't "afford" to keep because they have morons writing cap unfriendly contracts reminiscent of the early years of the salary cap era.