Remember When? McD tries to tap McCoy as his OC

Peterman would have connected with those receivers...I feel this is like when chan took over and Trent wasn't doing jack so he made the switch to Fitz- it is only a matter of time for tyrod because it is beyond clear he is just not cut out for qb in the nfl

I think TT is and can be an NFL QB, but the offense has to be designed 100% around him. You need to have a team committed to him and build that team to run specific patterns.

The issue is this is not the offense for him and as this coaching staff is looking long term - not immediate results - they are installing an offense for the future and TT is not part of that future. If he worked out - great, but it is not.

It sucks for TT and the fans, but the point is that this team is building for the long term and are not going to design plays that just fit what TT does and mess with the development of the rest of the team for the future. We will see more of the overall offense with Peterman, but he needs some time.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After seeing how Mike McCoy is using Semien in Denver. He has that offense clicking with a QB who is worse than TT. So I'm getting tired of all of the Tyrod blame. TT is far from elite, but this piss poor offense is on Dennison so far. MCCoy devised an offense to work to Semien's strengths.

Let's compare O's

Tyrod > Semien

Shady > CJ Anderson

Tolbert/DiMarco = Jamal Charles

Oline is a wash

J Matthews < D Thomas

Zay = E Sanders

Holmes = Latimer

Talent wise both offenses are a wash. Last year Denver looked bad on O and in comes McCoy and it's a new breath of life. If McD could have enticed McC to come here, we would be singing a different tune and marching toward the playoffs. Remember, Rico was a 2nd or 3rd choice for OC. To me, Rico is on par with Hackett. There is a reason he was demoted twice in Denver, never did anything in Houston and was a QB coach in Baltimore. We lost a lot not landing McCoy as OC.

I hate to see it, but if MCD wants to step it up, he starts looking for a new OC next year. Maybe we get our QB, maybe we don't, but there is worse offensive talent on half the AFC rosters. A better OC would go a long way to solving some problems.

Let's see if Rico can adapt and get this offense rolling. I have my doubts.

I stopped reading when you said Zay= Sanders

CBF

If the Bills had brought in McCoy, people would be clammoring for Dennison right now instead.

The coordinator is not under center, the QB that really isn't a QB is and there in lies the problem. Bill Walsh could be coaching Tyrod and the results would be the same. He is not a competent NFL QB. He might be an ok placeholder for a week or two but he is not going to lead this team to many wins.

McCoy knew that Tyrod is a coordinator killer and chose to find employment elsewhere, plain and simple.

I said this in another thread..

The coaching staff is not going to adapt the offense to Tyrod Taylor. They have no long-term investment in him, and probably would have moved on already if there were better options available. The offense you see is the offense they are going to run.

Yes, they are technically "trying" to win in 2017. This is not an official tank job. But as you can see by the Sammy Watkins and Ronald Darby trades, they aren't going to back off the long-term plan to get a couple extra wins this year. Their plan is for 2018-2019 and beyond.

After seeing how Mike McCoy is using Semien in Denver. He has that offense clicking with a QB who is worse than TT. So I'm getting tired of all of the Tyrod blame. TT is far from elite, but this piss poor offense is on Dennison so far. MCCoy devised an offense to work to Semien's strengths.

Let's compare O's

Tyrod > Semien

Shady > CJ Anderson

Tolbert/DiMarco = Jamal Charles

Oline is a wash

J Matthews < D Thomas

Zay = E Sanders

Holmes = Latimer

Talent wise both offenses are a wash. Last year Denver looked bad on O and in comes McCoy and it's a new breath of life. If McD could have enticed McC to come here, we would be singing a different tune and marching toward the playoffs. Remember, Rico was a 2nd or 3rd choice for OC. To me, Rico is on par with Hackett. There is a reason he was demoted twice in Denver, never did anything in Houston and was a QB coach in Baltimore. We lost a lot not landing McCoy as OC.

I hate to see it, but if MCD wants to step it up, he starts looking for a new OC next year. Maybe we get our QB, maybe we don't, but there is worse offensive talent on half the AFC rosters. A better OC would go a long way to solving some problems.

Let's see if Rico can adapt and get this offense rolling. I have my doubts.

Stopped reading when you said Tyrod was better than Siemian.

I think TT is and can be an NFL QB, but the offense has to be designed 100% around him. You need to have a team committed to him and build that team to run specific patterns.

The issue is this is not the offense for him and as this coaching staff is looking long term - not immediate results - they are installing an offense for the future and TT is not part of that future. If he worked out - great, but it is not.

It sucks for TT and the fans, but the point is that this team is building for the long term and are not going to design plays that just fit what TT does and mess with the development of the rest of the team for the future. We will see more of the overall offense with Peterman, but he needs some time.

This is what they're supposed to do with literally every single play on the field, especially with whoever the QB is because of how important the position is.

But I wish them good luck at finding their perfect west coast offense QB. The odds are heavily stacked against them.

Some coach's will evaluate the skills of the players he has and develope a scheme to utilize them. But most coaches only know one system and try to get the players to execute it. Success can happen in both scenarios. But you need the talent that can perform in your system. This scheme needs to be adjusted because of a change in talent. I believe what we are seeing is a product of that. We traded away our deep threat allowing teams to stack the box yet we continue to try to run a standard offense. I have seen far to many first and second down runs into the teeth of the defense and then an attempt to bail it out with a pass on 3rd and long. This is not a formula for success. The quick passing "west coast" offence developed by Walsh that has gotten so popular actually had very few run plays. For success Dennison needs to become more creative in some cases. Know your opponent both his strengths and his weaknesses and develop an appropriate game plan. I feel it is here that Dennison is lacking.

Every coach wants to win, and to suggest he wouldn't make changes to his system to tailor it to a certain player because he is not invested in him in the long run is foolish. If there is a player you would want to move on from it would be to your advantage to emphasize his talents to make a trade more plausible.

Edited by Original Byrd Man

This is what they're supposed to do with literally every single play on the field, especially with whoever the QB is because of how important the position is.

But I wish them good luck at finding their perfect west coast offense QB. The odds are heavily stacked against them.

I'm with you on this. Why is it other teams can game plan around their players and use them to their strength. If TT does not fit this O then shitcan his ass and put in Peterman. If TT is going to play, then you play to his strengths and unleash him. His legs are a weapon. Use then until he can't run anymore. You play to win, every game, all the time. That's what football is! No excuses. 100% with what you have. Just win baby!

Some coach's will evaluate the skills of the players he has and develope a scheme to utilize them. But most coaches only know one system and try to get the players to execute it. Success can happen in both scenarios. But you need the talent that can perform in your system. This scheme needs to be adjusted because of a change in talent. I believe what we are seeing is a product of that. We traded away our deep threat allowing teams to stack the box yet we continue to try to run a standard offense. I have seen far to many first and second down runs into the teeth of the defense and then an attempt to bail it out with a pass on 3rd and long. This is not a formula for success. The quick passing "west coast" offence developed by Walsh that has gotten so popular actually had very few run plays. For success Dennison needs to become more creative in some cases. Know your opponent both his strengths and his weaknesses and develop an appropriate game plan. I feel it is here that Dennison is lacking.

Every coach wants to win, and to suggest he wouldn't make changes to his system to tailor it to a certain player because he is not invested in him in the long run is foolish. If there is a player you would want to move on from it would be to your advantage to emphasize his talents to make a trade more plausible.

You nailed it bird person.

McCoy coaches his scheme to talent (might be one of best out there). Does not surprised me Bronco's offense doing much better this year. 4th quarter of games (chargers when HC) he goes non-aggressive. But McCoy is an great OC not HC. I wanted soo badly here with the Bills.

Yes..he is known for tailoring his scheme to talent..(I know..a crazy idea).

But he wasn't coming here anyway. More than a half dozen teams reached out to him, but he said he was only going to Denver.

But I will say..the Bronco players are giddy at having him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000847373/article/mike-mccoys-offensive-makeover-on-display-in-broncos-win

And a lot of the comments from the players are comparing and contrasting his style with last year's coaching. It is as much an indictment of Dennison as it is praise for McCoy.

"Mike is super aggressive. He knows how to outscheme people, and he's trying to put up as many points as he can.

He wants the players to come to him during the game and tell him what we think will work. If we bring it to him and he sees it, he'll try it."

"As soon as we hired Mike McCoy, I knew it was over. He's all about matchups, and he'll find a weak link and attack that person. You never know who's going to make the play, who's gonna score the touchdown, because it all comes down to matchups. And he's gonna change it up every week. That's why we love him."

"We just needed a new scheme, man," Harris said.

"In the other scheme, it was, 'we're gonna run what we run,'" Anderson said of Kubiak's system. "This one is, 'we're gonna put our athletes in the best position to make plays.'"

You have 2 offenses heading in 2 different directions now. They most certainly don't have more talent on their offense, except at WR . They did some upgrades to their OL..but nothing earth shattering..

Last year, Buffalo's O put up 75 or so more points than Denver's..and a full 15 more TD's.

This year, those figures could be reversed.

It isn't talent in this case, its a difference in OC's.

Simien is better then Tyrod. That's not the whole point of what you said, but I'm not going past that and just ignoring it

This is the key statement. In a west coast style offense, Siemian is better that Tyrod. By quite a bit.

The question really is: why are they determined to run this style of offense with Tyrod at QB? The obvious answer is that they see this as the offense of their future, which Tyrod will not be part of. So this is a plan to build towards 2 or 3 years down the road at the expense of this season, IMO.

I agree with this assessment.

There comes a point when you see on video....over and over.....and over WR's being open when the offense is running like their is no open recievers that you have to stop and ask the question.

Its getting hard to ignore

There are things I love that TT does on the field.....some of those things have actually been taken AWAY from him.....if your gonna do that then why play him?

What know one really knows does TT look so shaky in practice that this is the game plan they go with. Take no chances and rely on the defense to keep you in it. But they still feel overall TT looks better than Peterman?

Tyrod is making more money then Peterman and has the experience so it doesn't matter what Peterman does they are not looking to him even though they should in my opinion. I would have already made the change. I expect a same old Tyrod game this weekend, it's a big game so he will be doing a bunch of 3 and outs. I also expect a few pick 6s with the Denver line getting the pressure and hands up.