FO should be held accountable for destroying the offense

SaviorPeterman

Especially if they expected this defense to actually be decent to possibly great which is what they've shown so far. Why ruin any real chance this team might have had for the playoffs?

I get that they didn't forsee a long term future with Watkins and might have felt he wasn't going to stay healthy. But to stockpile slot receivers and not bring any semblance of a vertical threat to the offense is bush league at best.

And I don't blame Beane for letting Gillesle go since that was Whaley, but relying a 34 short yardage back to be the primary back to a great RB whose been often injured in Buffalo is a recipe for disaster. Quality RB's might be a dime a dozen but we really don't have much behind McCoy.

Also insisting on starting Jordan Mills at RT is a trainwreck and there has to be a better turnstile we could have signed off the street. Regardless it's a matter of time before this guy sends the entire QB depth chart to IR.

We seen some terrible offenses the last 17 years in Buffalo but after setting ominous records yesterday (like 7 net passing yards at halftime) it's not getting any better and even a QB change to Peterman might not matter.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

LAMP

This guy is joke. We were #3 offense after the Jets game...BUT IT WAS THE JETS.... And now we had a stinker against Carolina on the road, who many think it's the top Defense in the NFC, and blame this, blame that.

Edited by r00tabaga

Bills needed to address right side of offensive line in free agency and they didn't. Fans here were bragging about how dominant the offensive line was in the run game while ignoring the fact that they are incredibly inferior pass protectors.

Then the Bills go and draft another guy (Dawkins) who is a mauler in the run game and inferior in pass protection. They need better pass protectors or else any QB they bring in here will fail.

(Average passing QB) + (crappy pass protection) - (number 1 receiver) = really crappy passing attack

LAMP

And it is a pseudo Watkins thread. Which is pretty cool because we don't have enough of those.

Look at Me.....which it isn't.

While the Panthers have a possible top 5 defense, Yesterday's O was BRUTAL.

Call it a Tank, Call it Crappy Coaching but don't call it capable of getting us anywhere this year.

After seeing Denver clips from yesterday, next week might be VERY ugly.

For those if you continually whining about the RT spotbget yours head out of your posterior and consider:

1. The horrible state of O line play in general throughout the league and how many articles have been written about how college guys aren't trained for the NFL game

2. One of their top three picks was an OT who needs to develop (see above)

But if course they should just go find one....

LAMP

This guy is joke. We were #3 offense after the Jets game...BUT IT WAS THE JETS.... And now we had a stinker against Carolina on the road, who many think it's the top Defense in the NFC, and blame this, blame that.

It was just the jets and we barely beat them and if you don't understand that sorry. Look what a real team, QB and offense did to them yesterday in a game that was over long before halftime.

And we don't know how good the Panthers truly are since they have played the Bills and 49ers, but even if they end up being a playoff team this year that was the type of game the Bills need to win if they have any chance themselves of making the tourney.

I have no disillusions of what this team is but they might have had a much better shot this year had they made a better effort on the offensive side of the football but retaining Taylor and hiring Dennison tells me all I need to know about this latest regime that's destined to follow in the footsteps of many others over the last 17 years.

For those if you continually whining about the RT spotbget yours head out of your posterior and consider:

1. The horrible state of O line play in general throughout the league and how many articles have been written about how college guys aren't trained for the NFL game

2. One of their top three picks was an OT who needs to develop (see above)

But if course they should just go find one....

It really is bad

Lol. What offense? Our offense was smoke and mirrors ala Roman, and Lynn kept running last season... It was not going to take us anywhere. We still have the same problem we did then, we do not have an effective passing attack. When opposing teams take the run game from us we are effectively neutered. i.e. No testicles.

Based on the stockpiling of draft picks and casting off the incredibly overrated Watkins -- AND GETTING SOMETHING IN RETURN!! -- I believe we are well on our way to fixing this problem. Will it happen this season? No. We could have made any move possible this season and it would not have happened.

Lol. What offense? Our offense was smoke and mirrors ala Roman, and Lynn kept running last season... It was not going to take us anywhere. We still have the same problem we did then, we do not have an effective passing attack. When opposing teams take the run game from us we are effectively neutered. i.e. No testicles.

Based on the stockpiling of draft picks and casting off the incredibly overrated Watkins -- AND GETTING SOMETHING IN RETURN!! -- I believe we are well on our way to fixing this problem. Will it happen this season? No. We could have made any move possible this season and it would not have happened.

I agree with this. I'm not sure Roman is ever going to get the credit he deserves for putting together that offense.

Especially if they expected this defense to actually be decent to possibly great which is what they've shown so far. Why ruin any real chance this team might have had for the playoffs?

I get that they didn't forsee a long term future with Watkins and might have felt he wasn't going to stay healthy. But to stockpile slot receivers and not bring any semblance of a vertical threat to the offense is bush league at best.

And I don't blame Beane for letting Gillesle go since that was Whaley, but relying a 34 short yardage back to be the primary back to a great RB whose been often injured in Buffalo is a recipe for disaster. Quality RB's might be a dime a dozen but we really don't have much behind McCoy.

Also insisting on starting Jordan Mills at RT is a trainwreck and there has to be a better turnstile we could have signed off the street. Regardless it's a matter of time before this guy sends the entire QB depth chart to IR.

We seen some terrible offenses the last 17 years in Buffalo but after setting ominous records yesterday (like 7 net passing yards at halftime) it's not getting any better and even a QB change to Peterman might not matter.

Somebody really needs to beat your stupid ass with a bag of oranges.