FO should be held accountable for destroying the offense

SaviorPeterman

I agree with this. I'm not sure Roman is ever going to get the credit he deserves for putting together that offense.

He did the same thing in San Fran albeit with a bit more talent. Dude has skills, too bad it is a passing league and run game coordinators never work out.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Especially if they expected this defense to actually be decent to possibly great which is what they've shown so far. Why ruin any real chance this team might have had for the playoffs?

I get that they didn't forsee a long term future with Watkins and might have felt he wasn't going to stay healthy. But to stockpile slot receivers and not bring any semblance of a vertical threat to the offense is bush league at best.

And I don't blame Beane for letting Gillesle go since that was Whaley, but relying a 34 short yardage back to be the primary back to a great RB whose been often injured in Buffalo is a recipe for disaster. Quality RB's might be a dime a dozen but we really don't have much behind McCoy.

Also insisting on starting Jordan Mills at RT is a trainwreck and there has to be a better turnstile we could have signed off the street. Regardless it's a matter of time before this guy sends the entire QB depth chart to IR.

We seen some terrible offenses the last 17 years in Buffalo but after setting ominous records yesterday (like 7 net passing yards at halftime) it's not getting any better and even a QB change to Peterman might not matter.

A real QB solves it all.

What's frustrating to me is we've had great defenses, and we get a new coach who changes the scheme (I.e Rex). We have a top 10 offense, and we get a new coach and they change the scheme. Why can't these coaches see what has worked in the past specific to personnel and leave it alone!!!

A real QB solves it all.

But you just said this in another thread:

"Checking out here until Tyrod Taylor isn't under center anymore.

Can't take watching it one more second of my life.

You can blame McDermott, the refs, the blocking, the waterboy, or whoever you choose, the blame is squarely on the QB. He just isn't good and will never be in this league."

So why are you still posting?
Edited by PolishDave

Nope, can't hold the FO accountable for yesterday ...or for the previous seventeen years of suckitude.

• When the Bills fire one coaching regime and bring in another that has a totally opposite offensive/defensive scheme than the previous one, how can that be the FO's fault?
  • When the Bills have to let their best young players leave because of the salary cap, how is that the FO's fault?
  • When the Bills continuously use first and/or second round picks on a revolving door of DBs, WRs, and RBs that they develop for NE or Philly or Baltimore, how is that the FO's fault?
  • When the Bills hire has-been or neophyte head coaches and GMs, how is that FO's fault?
  • When the Bills trade their best young talent for draft picks because they can't afford to pay them because they're a small market team playing an old stadium without lots of skyboxes and PSLs, how is that the FO's fault?

The only fault of the Bills' FO is its failure to get a "franchise QB" since Kelly retired. All the Bills' problems stem from that. Let them get that elusive franchise QB, and they'll be Super Bowl bound by the next season even if their OL sucks and they have no deep threat WRs and some of their best defensive players are refugees from STs.

Well, the Bills FO will fix that fault in the 2018 draft by taking their franchise QB savior in the first round. It's a going to be a great QB draft with at least 5 or 6 great prospects according to all the draftniks and their amateur wannabees, so the Bills will surely get their man ... and then, watch out Patriots ... you're DOOMED!!!! :w00t:

//sarcasm off

What's frustrating to me is we've had great defenses, and we get a new coach who changes the scheme (I.e Rex). We have a top 10 offense, and we get a new coach and they change the scheme. Why can't these coaches see what has worked in the past specific to personnel and leave it alone!!!

The defense is mostly new personnel. There are a lot of changes, not just scheme. Also, don't judge the offense on a bad performance vs a top defense on the road.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

Look what a real team, QB and offense did to them yesterday in a game that was over long before halftime.

Gotta say I disagree with you, being down 6-0 at halftime, to me in no way signifies the game being over. Quite the contrary actually. I will say we were quite fortunate to ONLY be down 6-0, but the game was far from over.

Edited by smuvtalker

GUYS GUYS! There's a 2 year plan in place.

Year 1: fix the D. Water down the Offense. So while D looks playoff ready, offense can hardly muster a semi. That keeps us on the wrong end of close games. Keeps fans interested as we tank....

Year 2: kR4to2j.jpg

PLAYOFFS!!!!! CONTENDERS!!!!!!!!!! SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!!

Edited by CanadianFan

Gotta say I disagree with you, being down 6-0 at halftime, to me in no way signifies the game being over. Quite the contrary actually. I will say we were quite fortunate to ONLY be down 6-0, but the game was far from over.

I was talking about the Jets at the Raiders, that game was long over by halftime compared to us struggling with them until the 4th quarter.

Obviously circumstances were a little different as they are a division team and it was a home opener but the Raiders wasted little time decimating a team that certainly looked like they are well on their way to the #1 overall pick in 2018 which was expected.

Did we have any vertical threats in the Ravens game last season? This reminded me of that game.

I ask because I don't even remember when Watkins was in or out of the lineup, same with Goodwin.

I was speaking in general terms, we don't have a vertical threat on the roster. That's a problem.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

GUYS GUYS! There's a 2 year plan in place.

Year 1: fix the D. Water down the Offense. So while D looks playoff ready, offense can hardly muster a semi. That keeps us on the wrong end of close games. Keeps fans interested as we tank....

Year 2: kR4to2j.jpg

PLAYOFFS!!!!! CONTENDERS!!!!!!!!!! SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!!

He looks like Fitz' little brother.

Roman got scapegoated here. He maxed out Tyrod. He did a great job with him.

That said, trading Sammy and putting Tyrod in this offense set him up to fail. This is a slow offense. Defrnsss don't fear our WRs and will just stack the line to stop McCoy.

This will be a Jauron type offensive year. It's a shame because our D will keep us in many games.

LAMP

This guy is joke. We were #3 offense after the Jets game...BUT IT WAS THE JETS.... And now we had a stinker against Carolina on the road, who many think it's the top Defense in the NFC, and blame this, blame that.

They Jets just gave up 42 points and Oakland took their foot off the gas pedal. They are a terrible football team.

I was speaking in general terms, we don't have a vertical threat on the roster. That's a problem.

I think we all agree on that, I just don't remember it making much of a difference when they did have one with TT. Any good run defense gives the Bills fits. This game played out like the Ravens game last year.

The running game and duel threat of TT works against lesser defenses. Anyone remember a game where the Bills faced an elite run D and the offense perfomed well as a unit?