At least we have the chiefs 1st rounder

Jasovon

John Dorsey has built a hell of a team down in KC and Alex Smith is everything Taylor isn't.

Their 1st round pick will certainly be near the bottom of the 1st round.

Which is pretty depressing because looking at the value chart it isn't going to help us too much in terms of trading up.

Which is pretty depressing because looking at the value chart it isn't going to help us too much in terms of trading up.

I agree it was a questionable trade up, should have gotten more picks.

And not drafting Mahomes and letting the Chiefs draft him might prove to be another massive failure on the Bills part if they don't find their own QB.

Trade the KC pick to Washington tomorrow for Cousins. Then work out some sort of extension. Then maybe we can do something this season with our defense. We would also then still have our 1st next year and two 2nds and two 3rds...This defense, a proven QB and plenty of picks going forward. That's how you fix this organization.

Trade the KC pick to Washington tomorrow for Cousins. Then work out some sort of extension. Then maybe we can do something this season with our defense. We would also then still have our 1st next year and two 2nds and two 3rds...This defense, a proven QB and plenty of picks going forward. That's how you fix this organization.

I wouldn't be against this. I'd be willing to give chiefs 1st and a 3rd if needed. Then we still have a 1st next year to take another QB if we want.

Why do so many people assume the Bills will be trading up?

This looks like it could be a deep draft (for QB and in general from what I've read).

We may have a high pick of our own and be able to draft a QB without moving up. You don't need to be top 3 to get your QB anyway.

The Bills have a LOT of holes to fill in besides just QB. I assume that they plan to use most of those picks on players, not a trade up for a QB who won't be a guarantee anyway.

We should get a starting caliber player with KC's pick. If we get another Tre Shite caliber player I will be happy.

If we end up with Tre White, Zay Jones (I believed we used KC's 3rd to trade up for him?) and another starter from the 2018 pick I'll be happy with that trade down.

Plus, if you look back at trades for QBs into the top 5-10 of the draft, it has almost never worked out for the team trading up. Mike Vick is the only one I can think of. It's still TBD on all the trade up's the last couple years, wmaybe one of them will work out better. But as of now the list looks terrible for the team trading up. So the Bills made a calculated move to help fill their depth.

Why do so many people assume the Bills will be trading up?

This looks like it could be a deep draft (for QB and in general from what I've read).

We may have a high pick of our own and be able to draft a QB without moving up. You don't need to be top 3 to get your QB anyway.

The Bills have a LOT of holes to fill in besides just QB. I assume that they plan to use most of those picks on players, not a trade up for a QB who won't be a guarantee anyway.

We should get a starting caliber player with KC's pick. If we get another Tre Shite caliber player I will be happy.

If we end up with Tre White, Zay Jones (I believed we used KC's 3rd to trade up for him?) and another starter from the 2018 pick I'll be happy with that trade down.

Plus, if you look back at trades for QBs into the top 5-10 of the draft, it has almost never worked out for the team trading up. Mike Vick is the only one I can think of. It's still TBD on all the trade up's the last couple years, wmaybe one of them will work out better. But as of now the list looks terrible for the team trading up. So the Bills made a calculated move to help fill their depth.

They got the assets to move and go get their QB

...that's not a bad idea actually.

Hey, hey

That's a great plan. Could do alot with those picks if we already had a QB.