Hear Any Good Jokes Lately?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An engineer and a topologist were locked in the rooms for a day with a can of food but without an opener. At the end of the day, the engineer is sitting on the floor of his room and eating from the open can: He threw it against the walls until it cracked open. In the topologist's room, the can is still closed but the topologist has disappeared. There are strange noises coming from inside the can... When it is opened and the topologist crawls out. "Damn! I got a sign wrong..."

An engineer and a topologist were locked in the rooms for a day with a can of food but without an opener. At the end of the day, the engineer is sitting on the floor of his room and eating from the open can: He threw it against the walls until it cracked open. In the topologist's room, the can is still closed but the topologist has disappeared. There are strange noises coming from inside the can... When it is opened and the topologist crawls out. "Damn! I got a sign wrong..."

All I gotta do is google a couple words from your jokes, and they're funny. I mean, um, I was totally aware that topology is concerned with the properties of space that are preserved under continuous deformations, such as stretching, crumpling and bending, but not tearing or gluing.

A guy walks into a bar there's a sign behind the bar that says:

Burger - $9

Chicken Sandwich - $10

Hand job - $20

He looks into his wallet to see how much money he has then walks up to the bar and waves one of the very hot bartenders over. She walks up with a smile and says, "Can I help you?" He whispers to her, "Are you the one who gives the hand jobs?" She smiles and says, "Yes I am." He says to her, "Well, go wash your hands. I want a burger."

All I gotta do is google a couple words from your jokes, and they're funny. I mean, um, I was totally aware that topology is concerned with the properties of space that are preserved under continuous deformations, such as stretching, crumpling and bending, but not tearing or gluing.

A farmer asks an engineer, a physicist, and a mathematician to design a fence that encloses the most area with the least fencing.

The engineer tells him: simple, just build the fence in a circle, it's most efficient.

The physicist tells him: build the fence in a straight line, and assume it's infinite. We can then wrap the fence around a geodesic with a center corresponding to the center of the earth, and fence off half the earth.

The mathematician builds a very small fence around himself and says "I declare myself to be outside the fence."

An engineer, a physicist and a mathematician find themselves in an anecdote, indeed an anecdote quite similar to many that you have no doubt already heard. After some observations and rough calculations the engineer realizes the situation and starts laughing. A few minutes later the physicist understands too and chuckles to himself happily as he now has enough experimental evidence to publish a paper.

This leaves the mathematician somewhat perplexed, as he had observed right away that he was the subject of an anecdote, and deduced quite rapidly the presence of humor from similar anecdotes, but considers this anecdote to be too trivial a corollary to be significant, let alone funny.

An engineer, a physicist and a mathematician find themselves in an anecdote, indeed an anecdote quite similar to many that you have no doubt already heard. After some observations and rough calculations the engineer realizes the situation and starts laughing. A few minutes later the physicist understands too and chuckles to himself happily as he now has enough experimental evidence to publish a paper.

This leaves the mathematician somewhat perplexed, as he had observed right away that he was the subject of an anecdote, and deduced quite rapidly the presence of humor from similar anecdotes, but considers this anecdote to be too trivial a corollary to be significant, let alone funny.

3/2 people have trouble with fractions.

A farmer asks an engineer, a physicist, and a mathematician to design a fence that encloses the most area with the least fencing.

The engineer tells him: simple, just build the fence in a circle, it's most efficient.

The physicist tells him: build the fence in a straight line, and assume it's infinite. We can then wrap the fence around a geodesic with a center corresponding to the center of the earth, and fence off half the earth.

The mathematician builds a very small fence around himself and says "I declare myself to be outside the fence."

I only had to google geodesic to get this one. #Genius

What's the difference between a hippo, and a Zippo?

A hippo is very heavy, a Zippo is a little lighter.

A mathematician walks into a bar with a steering wheel coming out of his trousers. He walks up to the bartender and orders a beer.

The bartender looks at him and says "I'll get you that beer, but first you gotta tell me what the steering wheel is for."

The mathematician thinks for a moment, and says "Visualize me as a pirate," reducing the joke to a previously told form...

Edited by DC Tom