Doug Flutie- Lead the Charge?

Another Fan

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flutie probably could have been less of a jerk, but an owner dictating who plays QB is never going to end well. The entire RJ-Flutie situation was a mess. The moment that Ralph decided to bench Flutie was the moment that tore the team apart. Everything else is somewhat moot knowscetaintexcae

Wade deserves a lot of blame, he had no balls, just like with the entire turmoil with Doug/Johnson, it was his job to stop it, just like in Dallas, the owner wants to steamroll you if they care to, he/she will. Wade tacitly likes to leave the blame on Ralph but the only ones that really know what happened are Ralph and Wade. The current football urban legend is that Ralph demanded Wade start Rob, I am skeptical. I dont care what ever second party hearsay from Andree Reed or anyone else has to opin.

Would really like to see this happen someday. Making right a lot of wrongs in the past. If for nothing else then imo addressing the genesis of the drought.

With new management maybe both parties will be open to this someday..

Well, we all know the Flutie curse is real, just like the Bambino on the Red Sox and the Goat on the Cubs.

Exhibit A: the illegal "Music City Miracle" play. And it's been all downhill from there.

Forget trading away your best players for sure to be future draft bust Mr. Beane, bring back Flutie and exercise that demon for the travesty of justice that was executed by the Bills brass that faithful day 17+ years ago.

Let him lead the charge, put him in a uniform and to run a rollout, let him do a drop kick, put him on the wall of fame, whatever it takes.

Well, we all know the Flutie curse is real, just like the Bambino on the Red Sox and the Goat on the Cubs.

Exhibit A: the illegal "Music City Miracle" play. And it's been all downhill from there.

Forget trading away your best players for sure to be future draft bust Mr. Beane, bring back Flutie and exercise that demon for the travesty of justice that was executed by the Bills brass that faithful day 17+ years ago.

Let him lead the charge, put him in a uniform and to run a rollout, let him do a drop kick, put him on the wall of fame, whatever it takes.

It's not the Curse of Flutie, it's the Curse of Ralph.

Wow, I never read this before but here were a lot of other indications and it was well known half the Bills (like Bruce Smith) were for Flutie, other half for R Johson. Again Wade deserves a lot of blame, he couldnt keep it under control. I recall the Music City Miracle game, little Dougie pouted the entire game sitting on the bench, didn't stand and help R Johnson at all. As that article said, it was more about Doug Flutie than the Bills. Flutie was QBing a lot that year, i am sure there are things he saw and could have helped, he should have acted like a pro, not a spoiled brat.

Flutie also worked the press, he worked jim Rome and he eat it up, Flutie was always mocking R Johnson for being a, well lets say alternative life style guy from CA with a bandanna, the press picked up on it so much there is even a youtube video where a respected Bills reporter mocks Johnson about the Bandanna saying Johnson was a poor leader, Johnson probably was, he apparently never stood up for himself and had the appearance of being very weak.

Both Johnson and Wade were weak imo and Doug ran all over them. That is on reason why I think Wade was a very poor HC which a lot of people disagree with, great DC, poor HC. Wade also let Jerry Jones run all over him in Dallas.

Wade was a coward and never had the stones to stand up to Ralph and stick with the guy who helped you to that 10-5 record. Instead they choose the unproven new bandana wearing toy who would eventually turn out to be one of our most embarrassing QB's in team history. Flute had every right to be pissed. And we're just going to have to "wear" this curse for a while longer. One of the stupidest decisions in NFL history. Edited by LABILLBACKER

Huh? Would,he have been playing kick coverage?

Perhaps, but he sure has heck would not have fumbled the football out of the back of the EZ like RJ did. After the resulting free kick the Titans scored their ONLY TD of the game. Nothing fires up a team and home crowd like a safety. The plum field position didn't hurt either.

It was the only playoff game I've seen in my life where the starting QB and center had to practice snaps on the sidelines.

So I'm with whoever said it initially, if Flutie starts that game we win going away and perhaps get back to the Super Bowl.

If you don't like non nice guys winning, you'll love "the process".

Edited by reddogblitz

Perhaps, but he sure has heck would not have fumbled the football out of the back of the EZ like RJ did. After the resulting free kick the Titans scored their ONLY TD of the game. Nothing fires up a team and home crowd like a safety. The plum field position didn't hurt either.

It was the only playoff game I've seen in my life where the starting QB and center had to practice snaps on the sidelines.

So I'm with whoever said it initially, if Flutie starts that game we win going away and perhaps get back to the Super Bowl.

If you don't like non nice guys winning, you'll love "the process".

No. Flutie would just fumble the ball on the Miami 1yd line where a TD would have won the game for the Bills.

I wish wd had a QB that could get us to a playoff game to fumble in.

Didn't one of the WRs fumble away a for sure TD in that game too?

Yeah eric moulds caught a bomb on the first play of the game if im remembering right. And then was stripped from behind on his way to the ez