Doug Flutie- Lead the Charge?

Another Fan

He'd have the team divided and hating each other's guts before they got out of the tunnel. Prick.

It's bad enough having to listen to him call ND games. Sure as hell don't want to see him affiliated with the Bills again.

Why the Flutie hate? I was too young to know any locker room sht back then

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that is a wonderful idea. The team where he had his best seasons should recognize him.

And by the way... he did get screwed.

Thank You. He was only 22-9 as a starter here, led us to the playoffs the last time we made it, and got screwed by management. Yet fans here want no part of him. Sometimes I wonder if we deserve what we get.

To be clear, Flutie was the 24th rated passer in 1999. He didn't lead us to the playoffs, we got there because of a dominant defense in spite of Flutie's play. Was he the better option? Probably ... but we didn't get there because of him.

says who, you?

no need to answer, there were some like yourself that thought so, so it must be true. after all you're probably a genius when it comes to evaluating talent.

agree. rob the knob johnson, now he sucked and couldn't keep his shoes on.

How many playoff wins did he have? Zero sounds about right. And you can keep surfer boy out conversation cause he sucked as well.

Would really like to see this happen someday. Making right a lot of wrongs in the past. If for nothing else then imo addressing the genesis of the drought.

With new management maybe both parties will be open to this someday..

HELL *#@!ing NO. Keep that disrespectful douche far away from our team. We were a Super Bowl team four years in a row for a REASON, and it sure as hell wasn't Flutie.

Pepperidge Farm AND I remember.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan

Wade's D was a winner. Flutie was a little douche who wasn't nearly as good as he thought.

Name one Bills QB that was better since Kelly. That may not be saying much but he is still the best we've had in 2 decades. The guy played hard and was fun to watch. I'm confident the Bills would have been in another Superbowl if he played.

I heard they made him an offer but his agent nixed it because it didn't include him starring with his band in the halftime show and it didn't allow for a Flutie Flakes concession stand at each entrance to The Ralph. PLUS they wouldn't go for a 90/10 split on the autographs and jersey sales.

Why the Flutie hate? I was too young to know any locker room sht back then

You should be thankful you missed that whole chapter - to me one of the worst in the Bills ignominious history.

I personally am on the side that Flutie was an overrated manipulating self-serving back-stabber. I hated most what it did to the fan base though. I'll never forget the season after he went to the Chargers and they played the Bills - at the Bills Backer bar in my town (back in those days - young one - you actually had to go to a bar to see your favorite team if you lived out of town), there was a boisterous contingent of Bills 'fans' ("Flutonians") cheering loudly the whole game for Flutie to beat the Bills. It was pathetic to me - my most embarrassing moment as a Bills fan (and I lived through the 70s)

Edited by stevewin

All these kids are claiming Flutie was a douche yet they fail miserably to give one confirmed example. Pretty amusing.

In the Down & Drought series the guys announcing the show pretty much alluded he was a d-bag as well but again they don't have one legit story. Just Rob was real laid back and Doug was more manipulative and they didn't get along.

Music city miracle doesn't happen with Flutie under center.

Huh? Would,he have been playing kick coverage?

Name one Bills QB that was better since Kelly. That may not be saying much but he is still the best we've had in 2 decades. The guy played hard and was fun to watch. I'm confident the Bills would have been in another Superbowl if he played.

Up front, I don't hate Flutie - he was a good story and how he might have played in the NFL in his prime is open for debate, but he was just a feel good story when he played for the Bills. Inspiring and exciting - yes, good not so much. His arm was shot by the time he joined the Bills.