Audi

Iron Maiden

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

German cars too expensive to maintain, especially used. They use proprietary parts so that you have to bring them in for service. It's a scam. Lease them or buy Japanese is my advice

Yes, but without them you would never meet Dieter & Lars from the service dept. "So, you have relatives in Cheektowaga??"

Had an 07 A4. A few things to note:

Had terrible brake dust problem always getting on my rims with factory brakes. Bought ceramic ones and the problem stopped and never had to buy breaks again.

If you have the 2.0T, then there are quite a few tuning options out there that can raise your HP by about 50 for less than $500. It is well worth it, but does carry some risk so make sure to research quality ones with great reviews. I was able to easily keep up with any S4 after the reprogramming.

I had an A6 and hit a dear head-on with it. Got the car fixed, but it had a rattle that couldn't be diagnosed and fixed. We got another A6 to replace it. Best driving cars I've ever owned till I got the Range Rover Sport - which is a whole different animal.

Audi and Volkswagen have what's called "service position" when doing engine work.....it takes a VERY long time to get into this position, so the labor rates are high.

man-bent-over.jpg

ROTFLMAO! Perfect post. Those two post couldn't have been more choreographed...

I can't laughing... Jack, You just hit it into the roof @ old Comiskey Park w/that one!

Tears running down my face. Oh, I am 50 next year... Wait a second! :-(

German cars too expensive to maintain, especially used. They use proprietary parts so that you have to bring them in for service. It's a scam. Lease them or buy Japanese is my advice

although I disagree with the buying of Japanese cars. I agree 100% with expense to maintain.

I owned a 2006 Mercedes C230 Sport. It had very low miles on it when I bought it used. Of course Mercedes urged me against taking it anywhere else for service. I happen to know a Master Tech at another dealership and he does all my work personally. If it was not for him, i would have been beyond broke paying for my Benz once I passed 90k miles.

To the OP. How many miles are on the car? How much did you pay for it?

I've always known that labor was more, but I was under the impression that parts cost more as well. I have heard that it's sometimes a challenge to source parts.

Yeah... But that gets back to labor making the parts. Across the board everybody is making fair pay? I say that with a question mark. There is fair trade.

Guess what. We as customers pay for that. I don't mind paying for that.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Had an 07 A4. A few things to note:

Had terrible brake dust problem always getting on my rims with factory brakes. Bought ceramic ones and the problem stopped and never had to buy breaks again.

If you have the 2.0T, then there are quite a few tuning options out there that can raise your HP by about 50 for less than $500. It is well worth it, but does carry some risk so make sure to research quality ones with great reviews. I was able to easily keep up with any S4 after the reprogramming.

not to be a dick. But that sounds incredibly false. Maybe the driver of the S4 didn't know how to shift properly. I would love to know how your coming up with over 100hp for just a few hundred bucks. If you said you added a turbo or SC I'd believe it.

not to be a dick. But that sounds incredibly false. Maybe the driver of the S4 didn't know how to shift properly. I would love to know how your coming up with over 100hp for just a few hundred bucks. If you said you added a turbo or SC I'd believe it.

He didn't say over 100. He said about 50. But just a software upgrade got me about 40-45 hp and 90 lbs of torque for ~$600 in my 07 2.0T A4.

Yeah... But that gets back to labor making the parts. Across the board everybody is making fair pay? I say that with a question mark. There is fair trade.

Guess what. We as customers pay for that. I don't mind paying for that.

The problem is that not all of these parts are manufactured in Germany. German labor costs may be high, but these companies have outsourced a lot as a result. In fact not all German cars are made in Germany. I don't doubt the quality of some of these cars. I just think that a good deal of the price tag is based on legacy. This applies to the American companies as well.

although I disagree with the buying of Japanese cars. I agree 100% with expense to maintain.

I owned a 2006 Mercedes C230 Sport. It had very low miles on it when I bought it used. Of course Mercedes urged me against taking it anywhere else for service. I happen to know a Master Tech at another dealership and he does all my work personally. If it was not for him, i would have been beyond broke paying for my Benz once I passed 90k miles.

To the OP. How many miles are on the car? How much did you pay for it?

What's wrong with Japanese cars?

Subaru, Honda, Toyota...all super cheap to maintain and hold their value. I've had 100k cars and I've had 20k cars. I've seen it all at this point. Cars are a huge waste of money so try to limit that hit as much as possible by buying smart. I'd buy a Subaru over an Audi any day of the week