Audi

Iron Maiden

not to be a dick. But that sounds incredibly false. Maybe the driver of the S4 didn't know how to shift properly. I would love to know how your coming up with over 100hp for just a few hundred bucks. If you said you added a turbo or SC I'd believe it.

https://www.goapr.com/products/ecu_upgrade_20tfsi_long.html thats 40-45. adding a K&N filter adds another 2-3. Took liberties on the extra 2-5 HP. Sorry. I cannot comment on others driver techniques, all I can tell you is that I was at lights with newer S4s on numerous occasions and my 3-5 year old A4 kept up with them 0 up to around 60 when I would back off every single time. I was driving manual as well so that could have helped vs auto. I did happen to get next to a rare RS4 once, it completely smoked me. Also was able to keep pace with Speed3, WRX, 335 that I can remember for certain.

Spend around $10k on an A4 and you can basically make it an RS4. Again, finding a great shop is key to making this work. I'm assuming it's pretty similar with the 3 class.

Edited by Mark80

He didn't say over 100. He said about 50. But just a software upgrade got me about 40-45 hp and 90 lbs of torque for ~$600 in my 07 2.0T A4.

depending on the year of S4 or RS4. At the very least, the HP upgrade is 95hp. So yeah, he did say 100hp. he said he can keep up with S4s which are far superior to an A4.

https://www.goapr.com/products/ecu_upgrade_20tfsi_long.html thats 40-45. adding a K&N filter adds another 2-3. Took liberties on the extra 2-5 HP. Sorry. Try googling quick before calling someone one out and BEING a dick.

yeah. Maybe you should try knowing what an S4s HP is compared to an A4

Now I don't feel bad about being a DICK at all. Your just an idiot

Edited by mrags

Subaru, Honda, Toyota...all super cheap to maintain and hold their value. I've had 100k cars and I've had 20k cars. I've seen it all at this point. Cars are a huge waste of money so try to limit that hit as much as possible by buying smart. I'd buy a Subaru over an Audi any day of the week

I agree with all of this. I spend thirty minutes a day in my car. It's one of my life's biggest necessities, but also one of its biggest wastes. It all depends upon what perspective I look at it from.

Subaru, Honda, Toyota...all super cheap to maintain and hold their value. I've had 100k cars and I've had 20k cars. I've seen it all at this point. Cars are a huge waste of money so try to limit that hit as much as possible by buying smart. I'd buy a Subaru over an Audi any day of the week

i just don't like Japanese cars. Just my personal opinion

depending on the year of S4 or RS4. At the very least, the HP upgrade is 95hp. So yeah, he did say 100hp. he said he can keep up with S4s which are far superior to an A4.

yeah. Maybe you should try knowing what an S4s HP is compared to an A4

Now I don't feel bad about being a DICK at all. Your just an idiot

Unfortunately for you, Michael, I know you from HS and can guarantee my level if idiocy pales in comparison to yours.

Edited by Mark80

Since I was being called out for being a dick I decided to go out of my way and look up the factual info to prove my point.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theydiffer.com/difference-between-audi-a4-and-s4/amp/

In case you are too lazy to look for the actual facts.

"Differences in the performance

The 2015 Audi A4 has the 2.0L Turbocharged Gas Inline-4 under its hood. The motor produces 220 hp at 6,400 rpm and 258 foot-pounds of torque at 4,800 rpm. The 2015 Audi S4s base motor, on the other hand, is the 3.0L Supercharged Gas V-6, which provides 330 hp at 6,400 rpm and 325 foot-pounds of torque at 4,800 rpm.

A transmission in the 2015 Audi A4 is an eight-speed automatic (with a sport shift mode); there is an optional six-speed automatic transmission. The 2015 Audi S4, on the other hand, has a six-speed manual transmission or, optionally, the seven-speed dual-clutch transmission with paddle shifters."

"The Audi A4 has a weaker acceleration than the Audi S4. The A4 (2.0 TFSI, 6-speed manual) accelerates 0 to 60 mph in about 6.9 seconds, while the S4 makes 0 to 60 mph in about 4.9 seconds. The Audi S4 is a noisier car between the two, also. Because of its powerful motor, it produces a range of snarling sounds while accelerating."

The least about of HP the S4 has had since 03-05 is 339BPH.

At the same time, the most HP the 07 A4 had was 200. Per edmunds

https://www.edmunds.com/audi/a4/2007/sedan/st-100761276/features-specs/

Unfortunately for you, Michael, I know you from HS and can guarantee my level if idiocy pales in comparison to yours.

you have me at a loss since I don't know who you are. But you can look at the specifics of my facts. And then you can just dream all you want about keeping up with S4s.

Just my two & three cents. What I have noticed say between my BMW's (in my BMW and MINI) Navi and Toyota's Navi... The Japanese have it all over the Germans when it comes to ease of going through electronics system. YET... Japanese using touchscreen sucks vs. BMW OneDrive. Using a jog dial like they do in BMW builds is the way to go especially running through the gears in the Cooper S. TouchScreen, how the eff do you keep your hand focused flying down road... Feels like I got early onset Parkinson's... And damn screen gets all smudged up... Then you gotta yell at your passenger: "Nobody touched my screen" don't know how many times I butt dialed my son going for the V dial... LoL...

Now... My old ancient navi on my defunct Chrysler was the most combined ease of use. Even the rental on the Dodge truck in Colorado this past winter still had concise simplicity to Chrysler's current navi/electronics system.

If only they can meld the three. Jap file/folder system w/Kraut jog dial & ergonomic position of buttons w/something easy for my stupid American educated mind... It would be perfect.

But... In all honesty, BMWs filing logic is a real pain. Playing music off of my wife's BMW's hard drive music collection is a total mess... Even for my worried, troubled mess of a mind! And it isn't my organization downloaded off the flash drive. I a meticulous going from CD to Flash... Filing, tags, all standard and concise. MINI Cooper, even know BMW is light years ahead w/its organization.

They market MINI to a younger Millennial crowd. It shows! BMW old forgies that still need to put a key fob in hole on the dash. BMW dealer told me they get peole calling from the gas station in a panic that they can't get fuel door unlocked

Again... Just my three cents.

I drive two German (MINI engine German build, final assembly England) vehicles, one ancient platform American Jeep TJ, and one Japanese truck. 4 in my current stable of vehicles. I am a multi-national a-hole.

Oh... I can't post this w/out adding this:

"We've gotta make these things smaller... Hey whatcha do to my set!"

:-)

I have more posts on the BMW, viper, Subaru, corvette forums than here. Been there done that. Just because it's a Bills forum doesn't mean people don't know about cars

Yep. Some are like that and don't like others messing with their status symbols. The true enthusiast appreciate all.

What's the difference between a BMW and a porcupine?

The pricks are on the inside with a BMW. Well some. ;-) ;-)

I have more posts on the BMW, viper, Subaru, corvette forums than here. Been there done that. Just because it's a Bills forum doesn't mean people don't know about cars

Just because someone posts on a car forum doesn't mean they give good advice about cars.

Yep. Some are like that and don't like others messing with their status symbols. The true enthusiast appreciate all.

What's the difference between a BMW and a porcupine?

The pricks are on the inside with a BMW. Well some. ;-) ;-)

Good one

although I disagree with the buying of Japanese cars. I agree 100% with expense to maintain.

I owned a 2006 Mercedes C230 Sport. It had very low miles on it when I bought it used. Of course Mercedes urged me against taking it anywhere else for service. I happen to know a Master Tech at another dealership and he does all my work personally. If it was not for him, i would have been beyond broke paying for my Benz once I passed 90k miles.

To the OP. How many miles are on the car? How much did you pay for it?

This goes for BMW, too, based on my personal experience. Once our X5 hit 90K, it became a money pit - very quickly and very badly. Couldn't get rid of it fast enough. Literally traded it in as soon as I could (for a Honda) before it died.

This goes for BMW, too, based on my personal experience. Once our X5 hit 90K, it became a money pit - very quickly and very badly. Couldn't get rid of it fast enough. Literally traded it in as soon as I could (for a Honda) before it died.

yeah. I was told to trade in or sell my car before it hit 95k. I didn't and as soon as it hit 100k the trade in value plummeted.

I don't think that is an Audi specific thing, it's more a holy chit i can't buy a car with 100K miles on it

Ha! This!!!!

100k is reaching "service life" on almost all cars. Sure it can last forever, if you want to service everything. And @ 100k, that's when they begin to need it all. Starts rotting, etc...

One thing I love about my Jeep. It's a "Lego vehicle" parts for that platform were made for over 60 years, give or take fitment issues here or there for specific runs... CJ/YJ/TJ. New JK (+2007) is moving the same way, but Body on Panel vs. Classic Jeep "Tub" body may or may not make things easier. Yoy simply don't see Jeeps in junkyards, contrary to belief.

My 12 year old TJ, even with 140k is commanding 1/2 of its price I spent new. And it may only go up because it was the last of the dinosaurs. I just have to add some TLC. Flop down windshield frame is starting to rot inside out. Yet, I can replace it with an aluminum frame... Never rot again. Heck, I can rebuild the whole freaking vehicle out of the Quadratec catalog! Set of brake calipers? 60 bucks. 60 bucks for a caliper? Try that on a Mercedes!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I don't think that is an Audi specific thing, it's more a holy chit i can't buy a car with 100K miles on it

thats correct in general. But... German vehicles are known to have much higher costs for repairs. More expensive parts. More expensive labor. Etc. so the money you would be paying once the vehicle reaches 100k is about double what an American or Japanese car might cost. And that's if you know a good mechanic that won't rip you off. If you get all your work done at the dealership, expect to pay triple

thats correct in general. But... German vehicles are known to have much higher costs for repairs. More expensive parts. More expensive labor. Etc. so the money you would be paying once the vehicle reaches 100k is about double what an American or Japanese car might cost. And that's if you know a good mechanic that won't rip you off. If you get all your work done at the dealership, expect to pay triple

That's the cost you put up with for driving a great car. I've driven BMW for about 10 years and whenever I drive anything else (American/Japanese) they pale greatly in comparison. BTW I get nothing done at the dealer. The key is get a great mechanic that specializes in German cars.

That's the cost you put up with for driving a great car. I've driven BMW for about 10 years and whenever I drive anything else (American/Japanese) they pale greatly in comparison. BTW I get nothing done at the dealer. The key is get a great mechanic that specializes in German cars.

indeed

You must have just found another great mechanic that specializes in German cars. Didn't you just move 500 miles?

They are out there no doubt, they must be easy and many to find. Don't know why people can't find them. Maybe people are too lazy.

i have a great mechanic. Great friend since I was about 3. There is nothing he cannot do.

And you are absolutely correct about German vehicles. Nothing drives like them when they are on point. I'll never forget how driving my Benz at 120 was like driving 5mph on glass. Not even the slightest wiggle or bump to her.