Quarterback draft class 2018 Thread

KellyToughII

No one throws shuffle passes against Montana State like Luke Falk.

I have a feeling that come next year at draft time, this class isn't going to be as strong as everyone thought it was going to be. But the class after that will be the really great one and we can get a qb then!

Ahhh starting the weak class stuff early this year are we. And the we should wait until next years monster class. Only to hear in September 2018 how bad that class is and should wait.

Wheels spin for another 17years

Edited by MAJBobby

Haha. I was the ultimate homer! I defended Jauron to the death! But 17 years has killed me. So forgive me if I don't blindly trust the D.C. Of the 21st ranked defense to be in charge of our franchise.

Was his defense always ranked 21st or are you just going to repeat over and over because it was his lowest ranking?

Did you know this about Mike McCarthy? He was the OC in San Fran in 2005. San Fran finished 4-12, offense finished 30th in scoring at 14.9 ppg. McCarthy was named the HC in Green Bay a few weeks later.

Cousins will be 30 next year, won't he? And I'm not really convinced he's elite, franchise qb.

I take the opposite view. Evaluate and draft a young guy.

Cousins just turned 29, still young for a QB. The last two years he has played at an elite level for a dysfunctional franchise. Trading for him, assuming price not to high and he could be signed to a new contract, would not be a bad move. OTH, I think I would prefer to see the Bills develop their own guy, with five years on a cheap rookie contract.

Cousins just turned 29, still young for a QB. The last two years he has played at an elite level for a dysfunctional franchise. Trading for him, assuming price not to high and he could be signed to a new contract, would not be a bad move. OTH, I think I would prefer to see the Bills develop their own guy, with five years on a cheap rookie contract.

SF is supposed to be interested in Cousins. I can't imagine a moderate price given competition for Cousins, but your view is certainly defensible.

The benefit of hitting on a drafted qb is franchise stability for over a decade, so I prefer the greater risk of drafting potential.

They haven't even played a game lol

This is Jauron Day, Part 2 - Character matters!!!

Dick Jauron will be played by McDermott (or Ron Howard if he's available)

Russ Brandon will be played by Brandon Beane

Trent Edwards will be played by Nate Peterman

Anthony Thomas will be played by Mike Tolbert (after we trade McCoy)

Josh Reed will be played by Jordan Matthews

Kyle Williams will be played by Peter Griffin

Gonna take alot more than one 1st round pick and the lesser picks.

Not to mention you are not good nna re-sign him. It is pretty much a forgone conclusion he will be in San Fran with Shanny after this year.

All ready to watch Rosen tonight

Agreed. Rosen against the A and M defense will be interesting.

Was his defense always ranked 21st or are you just going to repeat over and over because it was his lowest ranking?

Did you know this about Mike McCarthy? He was the OC in San Fran in 2005. San Fran finished 4-12, offense finished 30th in scoring at 14.9 ppg. McCarthy was named the HC in Green Bay a few weeks later.

Overall, I'm indifferent to McDermott. I hate how much power was given to him. I think it's a giant mistake.

But I'm always wary of the coach who coaches the expertise of the head coach. Ron Rivera was a really good D.C.

SF is supposed to be interested in Cousins. I can't imagine a moderate price given competition for Cousins, but your view is certainly defensible.

The benefit of hitting on a drafted qb is franchise stability for over a decade, so I prefer the greater risk of drafting potential.

Yeah, not sure what the price would be for cousins. Certainly a 1st, plus. But again, Washington runs the risk of losing him for no compensation after this year and he'll be making $25 million per on a long term deal. If he was going to be traded, it would have happened by now.

Definitely want this over here.

Go Darnold!

I'm shocked you aren't pumping up Lamar Jackson's performance, who probably had the best weekend of any of these guys.

Oh wait. No, I'm not. But at least you won't destroy his career like you would some scrub from TCU.

I was like 2 then. Was it that hyped before the season? Because wasn't ken O'Brien a big surprise in the 1st?

I'm shocked you aren't pumping up Lamar Jackson's performance, who probably had the best weekend of any of these guys.

Oh wait. No, I'm not. But at least you won't destroy his career like you would some scrub from TCU.

I was like 2 then. Was it that hyped before the season? Because wasn't ken O'Brien a big surprise in the 1st?

O'Brien wasn't a surprise, but, he went before Marino which was surprise.

Oh wait I looove Lamar Jackson, he's the GOAT!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.