• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

fine - would you like THEM fired?

Or - do THEY get time to implement?

I already gave my assessment that you responded by saying it was reasonable. I feel no need to repeat it.

The Bills were mired in mediocrity under Whaley. It remains to be seen where this regime takes the franchise. There have been some questionable moves to say the least with the jettisoning of young players, but let's see what they do with the accumulated draft capital moving forward. A heavy dose of skepticism is warranted at this juncture IMO.

This is fair :thumbsup:

I already gave my assessment that you responded by saying it was reasonable. I feel no need to repeat it.

Yet somehow, you seem to ride this roller coaster.

Because he cut Williams? If this is all part of his plan then you have to see how it all plays out. Give him time before you ask that question.

yes please

No offense, but if you don't think every or any veteran on this team can't be had for the right price, then you're naive. There's likely just no takers. TT would command a 1st or a 2nd, but why would any team want him for that at this point? Dareus is untradeable due to his contract. Kyle Williams is old and would likely retire if traded. McCoy may yet get traded...stay tuned. Given Glenn's injury history, I'm sure they would love to unload him.

As for trading vets for youngsters, apparently that's not how it's done. The Sabres loaded up middle-aged vets, then jettisoned them after the tank years. You don't want young, impressionable players around while you're purposely losing. Bad for their development.

I also heard the US never landed on the moon.

Your posts.

You have no faith or trust to this point. You had that one reasonable post, other than that - McBeane bad.

You're not being skeptical. You're damning with zero results to base it on.

Semantics. They haven't earned any trust with no pedigree as HC/GM and suspect personnel moves. You want to implicitly trust them, then be my guest.

I'm telling you this is the worst set of coaches and GM in their history. These guys are brain dead.
Watch and learn. Buffalo hasn't had a decent coach since the early 90s and there is no end in sight. Just watch, we will have a new coach in 2020, there is no doubt in my mind. Beaner boy and McDonut will go on the list of failed GMs and coaches in Buffalo. These clowns will waste 3 more years in a rebuild mode. Then in 2020 the new coaching staff will probably go back to a 3-4 defense and they will have to start all over again.

Semantics. They haven't earned any trust with no pedigree as HC/GM and suspect personnel moves. You want to implicitly trust them, then be my guest.

nahhhh - haven't earned my trust - yet.

I'll just give them an honest opportunity to succeed - or fail. They haven't begun to do either.

I'm telling you this is the worst set of coaches and GM in their history. These guys are brain dead.

Watch and learn. Buffalo hasn't had a decent coach since the early 90s and there is no end in sight. Just watch, we will have a new coach in 2020, there is no doubt in my mind. Beaner boy and McDonut will go on the list of failed GMs and coaches in Buffalo. These clowns will waste 3 more years in a rebuild mode. Then in 2020 the new coaching staff will probably go back to a 3-4 defense and they will have to start all over again.

Could happen.

Let's hope not.

IMHO not a good move. Tolbert is a short term solution at best. McCoy is not getting any younger and Williams has the size and manueverability to be a very decent back in the NFL. This is a run first team. Williams over Joe Banyard any day of the week. I am dismayed at this move..

I'm telling you this is the worst set of coaches and GM in their history. These guys are brain dead. Watch and learn. Buffalo hasn't had a decent coach since the early 90s and there is no end in sight. Just watch, we will have a new coach in 2020, there is no doubt in my mind. Beaner boy and McDonut will go on the list of failed GMs and coaches in Buffalo. These clowns will waste 3 more years in a rebuild mode. Then in 2020 the new coaching staff will probably go back to a 3-4 defense and they will have to start all over again.

That's amazing, you know all that without the Bills taking a single regular season snap?

Do you have stock tips and Lotto numbers, too?

To think, I was going to give them two tears to make progress. Glad I didn't waste all that time.

No offense, but if you don't think every or any veteran on this team can't be had for the right price, then you're naive. There's likely just no takers. TT would command a 1st or a 2nd, but why would any team want him for that at this point? Dareus is untradeable due to his contract. Kyle Williams is old and would likely retire if traded. McCoy may yet get traded...stay tuned. Given Glenn's injury history, I'm sure they would love to unload him.

As for trading vets for youngsters, apparently that's not how it's done. The Sabres loaded up middle-aged vets, then jettisoned them after the tank years. You don't want young, impressionable players around while you're purposely losing. Bad for their development.

There are no parallels to hockey in the NFL. Tanking is not a proven strategy. Heck the Sabres could t even make it work in the NHL. I'll agree though that any of the players mentioned would be gone if not for cap ramifications. They just can't bring themselves to suffer the cap issues for a year or so and admit that they want to tank. It's a half tank at this point

You just did.

Should've given someone else a chance.

Others have and will.

We shall see whether these were good moves or bad moves. We shall see what happens with Darby, Ragland, and Williams and whether we should trust the "process."

Breathe

There are no parallels to hockey in the NFL. Tanking is not a proven strategy. Heck the Sabres could t even make it work in the NHL. I'll agree though that any of the players mentioned would be gone if not for cap ramifications. They just can't bring themselves to suffer the cap issues for a year or so and admit that they want to tank. It's a half tank at this point

It's about 2-3 years too early to judge the Sabres tank, but they are looking good. Eichel is a star now and will be elite soon.

As for tanking in the NFL, the reason we say "it doesn't work" is because it's rarely ever done. There's too much money at stake. Besides Indy, I can recall a team in the last 10-20 years that overtly tanked. Of course, there were many horrible teams (Browns, Lions, us), but none of them purposely lost. Jets appear to be doing it now though, so we'll see...