Sullivan: Pump the brakes on Peterman.

JM2009

http://buffalonews.com/2017/09/01/sullys-mailbag-lets-pump-brakes-peterman/

"Peterman looked good in Thursday's game. He shows some of the quick decision-making in the pocket that Taylor lacks. But he's a rookie. He's been facing mostly backups. He was average in the first two games. He hasn't completed a significant throw down the field.

Why wouldn't he start right now? Because it's Taylor job, assuming he's out of concussion protocol for the Jets game. I don't think Tyrod is a franchise QB. But the Bills scored 399 points with him last season, which was the most they scored since Doug Flutie's big year in 1998 and more than the last two Super Bowl teams with Jim Kelly."

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a sensible take by Sully ( painful I know). Taylor is the vet and as such would be given his chance by most HC's after he is cleared. Peterman has done little except for not being a deer in the headlights out there. Taylor may get yanked after several miserable outings in this offense, but he'll get the opportunity to have them.

Edited by Boatdrinks

This is kind of a no **** article, isn't it? I'm not going to bother giving him a click for something anyone with half a brain could say.

He posted another article the other day titled something along the lines of "Even Roger Goodell couldn't love the Bills-Lions game" FFS

Whether you like him or not-and most don't-Sullivan always stirs things up with his articles.

that system is gone though. Nate is better in this system

Could be.

"Peterman looked good in Thursday's game. He shows some of the quick decision-making in the pocket that Taylor lacks. But he's a rookie. He's been facing mostly backups. He was average in the first two games. He hasn't completed a significant throw down the field.

Why wouldn't he start right now? Because it's Taylor job, assuming he's out of concussion protocol for the Jets game. I don't think Tyrod is a franchise QB. But the Bills scored 399 points with him last season, which was the most they scored since Doug Flutie's big year in 1998 and more than the last two Super Bowl teams with Jim Kelly."

This is all captain obvious information. Thanks Sully.

This. Tyrod did xyz last year, but that was last year with different offense, different coaches, different players. He looks completely lost in the new offense and it's going to be a disaster

I'm not sure about comparing the point totals from 2016 to 1993... I would have to say it's obviously a different game. You aren't even allowed to play defense anymore and teams just have a different approach to the game overall. I would also say that the most important reason for any decent point output, is Shady and not Tyrod. Just my opinion.

This. Tyrod did xyz last year, but that was last year with different offense, different coaches, different players. He looks completely lost in the new offense and it's going to be a disaster

I'll let that happen before I bench a somewhat reliable multi year starter for a day 3 rookie based on practice showings.

I'm not sure about comparing the point totals from 2016 to 1993... I would have to say it's obviously a different game. You aren't even allowed to play defense anymore and teams just have a different approach to the game overall. I would also say that the most important reason for any decent point output, is Shady and not Tyrod. Just my opinion.

QB's fit different systems and it should come as no surprise Taylor's ability to run fits well in a run heavy G Roman O.

Sullivan; the perennial agent of misery.

Hes right. Mostly everybody needs to pump the brakes on peterman. I dont see it. I was cringing watching steve tasker say to beane that the fans were enamored with him the other night. I seriously hope if they have a shot to draft the guy that they dont pass it up because of peterman.

How do you know that? He hasn't played a regular season game yet. He hasn't had opposing defenses game planning against him. You hope he's better in this system; which we have yet to see for the most part because they weren't running much of it in the pre-season.

Edited by purple haze

This is a popular preseason Peterman posse posture without anyone seeing the Dennison offense specific tailored to suit the strengths of Taylor. We shall soon see. How's that for alliteration?

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Right on man I agree Peterman can run this system better.

Oh well I guess we will have to wait till later in the year when this staff falls flat on it's face trying to push Tyrod to be the QB he is not. I wonder if we will lose a OC over it like last season or will they just make the QB change? And history repeats itself.