Ron Darby EJ Gaines

Robert Woods - Zay

Cyrus Kouandjio - ???

Stephon Gilmore - White

Goodwin - Clay

Ragland - (non event)

Zac B - Hodges

Seymour - Wright

I don't see talent drop-off in any spot except for Sammy (and I'm convinced there was more to it than "signability")

Gillislee has so far in his career looked about 50 times better than Williams. And while Darby may not have been a great fit for this D, he is a lot better than Gaines. I expect him to do well in the Schwartz D.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I don't think he is a conservative coach. I don't see not blitzing a lot as meaning conservative in the terms of current NFL defenses.

I think we have a don't beat ourselves, play to the whistle, kick and play defense type of guy. I don't see him making many gambles on or off the field once this thing gets under way.

Gillislee has so far in his career looked about 50 times better than Williams. And while Darby may not have been a great fit for this D, he is a lot better than Gaines. I expect him to do well in the Schwartz D.

I expect Gaines to do well in this D. Hard to say "a lot better", they both have different skill sets.

I think we have a don't beat ourselves, play to the whistle, kick and play defense type of guy. I don't see him making many gambles on or off the field once this thing gets under way.

He is going to be a defense first guy... sure. I think he will go for more 4th downs than people expect.

Yes the god somewhere else and stop criticizing post. Was waiting for that today

What.... god =go.... lmao They are so flustered they can't post coherently post. Was waiting for that today :D

Keep Strokin'

Edited by Bob&Doug

I'll repost this running tally

Sammy Watkins - Matthews

Mike Gillislee - JW

Ron Darby – EJ Gaines

Robert Woods - Zay

Cyrus Kouandjio - ???

Stephon Gilmore - White

Goodwin - Clay

Ragland - (non event)

Zac B - Hodges

Seymour - Wright

I don't see talent drop-off in any spot except for Sammy (and I'm convinced there was more to it than "signability")

You forgot Miller - Ducasse :lol:

Milloy - Donte

Fletcher - Poz

McGahee - Lynch

Clements - McKelvin

If you are not getting better......you are getting worse.

And as for your list......I see considerably lesser talents AND expiring contracts in Matthews and Gaines.......Bills opted out on Watkins 5th year and Darby had 2 years left.

The Panthers were pretty successful in the draft while Beane was there under Gettleman, their drafts from 2013 on were very solid. As I understand it their owner handcuffed the FO with respect to FA moves because he wanted to pay vets who had been with the team huge contracts out of loyalty and Gettleman wasn't having it, having had to clean up Hurney's Williams/Steward salary mess. Norman was the big example everyone remembers, and from what I hear Gettleman was fired over trying to move Thomas Davis, another beloved but aging Carolina vet.

I think he's got a solid pedigree (Beane) and I'd like to see the results after a few seasons without Pegula or anyone above having much input. If he and McD are on the same page regarding their vision for the next 3-5 years, I'm confident they'll be able to produce results.

I actually am not upset at all about any move. Its fine. This team is a transition year anyway and was never going to be good.

More so i think people can and should now take the GM speak and coach speak with a grain of salt.

At end of the day the Success of Beane and McD will be dependent on finding a QB like every GM and Coach in this league

Edited by MAJBobby