Chicken Wing Shortage?

Bray Wyatt

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just have to go the urban chicken route.

As long as the city isn't Shanghai or Beijing that should be fine. Their "urban chicken" ain't no chicken :sick:

Edited by LeviF91

The place I buy from cut the single order down from 12 to ten. Boo!

That reminds me of when they cut half gallons of ice cream to 1.5 Qts and did package changes to make them look bigger.

As for the wing shortage, its funny that they could be talking about a shortage of something that not long ago was considered a garbage piece of the chicken and almost never used or served. Now there is talks of shortages and the cost for it makes it almost the most expensive part of the chicken

It never was to Chinese; they have been eating them since before first colony from Europe in US.

What I want to know, is if there is a chicken wing shortage, wouldn't there be a chicken shortage as well?

My uneducated guess is that since Walmart and Wegmans started selling those whole roasted chickens that chicken wings are less available because they use the whole bird.

My uneducated guess is that since Walmart and Wegmans started selling those whole roasted chickens that chicken wings are less available because they use the whole bird.

I would guess its due the spread of Buffalo Wild Wings and chicken wings gaining a more national following. Wild Wings has been one of the fastest growing chains in the country. Wings are no longer regional; they're a national phenomenon now. Which is a bit surprising given that wings are generally awful outside of WNY.

I would guess its due the spread of Buffalo Wild Wings and chicken wings gaining a more national following. Wild Wings has been one of the fastest growing chains in the country. Wings are no longer regional; they're a national phenomenon now. Which is a bit surprising given that wings are generally awful outside of WNY.

So true, and actually one of the Wild Wings here in Rochester just closed down, and I don't find it a coincidence that this is a year after a Duffs opened nearby

But that doesn't explain though why the wing shortage as don't they need a chicken to make chicken wings?

Edited by Bray Wyatt

So true, and actually one of the Wild Wings here in Rochester just closed down, and I don't find it a coincidence that this is a year after a Duffs opened nearby

But that doesn't explain though why the wing shortage as don't they need a chicken to make chicken wings?

Yes, but if growth in demand for wings exceeds growth in chicken production....shortage of wings relative to demand.