8-29: McDermott Presser, Practice Notes, & Player Interviews

I'd be surprised if he does.

He's a rookie who needs NFL game experience before he can become even a marginal QB in the league. Throwing a totally green rookie QB out there in a real NFL game gives the team a very low chance of winning in any event. There is always some risk every time any player takes the field. I'll be surprised if he does not play on Thursday.

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC Sean McDermott said they're monitoring very closely the idea of keeping Nathan Peterman healthy in case Tyrod Taylor can't play.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a rookie who needs NFL game experience before he can become even a marginal QB in the league. Throwing a totally green rookie QB out there in a real NFL game gives the team a very low chance of winning in any event. There is always some risk every time any player takes the field. I'll be surprised if he does not play on Thursday.

If either of the other 2 QB's were available I would agree with this. But they are not at this point. This is a meaningless game and if he were to go down we would have to start a QB that was with the team for less than 2 weeks. That would be malpractice. If it happens in the regular season that is a price you are willing to pay to try and win a game, not preseason 4.

@TBNSports

#Bills' QB health woes continue as Tyrod Taylor and T.J. Yates remain in concussion protocol. Story by @VicCarucci: http://buffalonews.com/2017/08/29/bills-qbs-taylor-yates-remain-concussion-protocol/

McDermott acknowledged he and his coaching staff are giving a great deal of thought to minimizing Peterman's exposure to injury.

"It's something we need to stay on top of and get the best feel we can with respect to Tyrod and T.J. and how that affects Week One," the coach said. "So we have to monitor that very closely."

@Nick_Wojton

QB Keith Wenning discusses the unique opp he has w/ #Bills, "Going to take it one play at a time." Doesn't know playing time yet for Thurs.

https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/902589428228653056

Jordan Matthews is wearing a shirt w/ extra protection. Found out quickly it works OK. "Tyrod darts one right into my chest..." #Bills

https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/902590951675265024

No way Peterman sees the field. It would be asinine to expose him to injury with Tyrod and Yates uncertain for week 1.

yeah especially when you consider the poor pass protection that is wreaking having on the offense the last 2 weeks.

@Nick_Wojton

QB Keith Wenning discusses the unique opp he has w/ #Bills, "Going to take it one play at a time." Doesn't know playing time yet for Thurs.

https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/902589428228653056

Jordan Matthews is wearing a shirt w/ extra protection. Found out quickly it works OK. "Tyrod darts one right into my chest..." #Bills

https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/902590951675265024

How can Tyrod throw passes if he's in protocol? Was the pass thrown last week?

If either of the other 2 QB's were available I would agree with this. But they are not at this point. This is a meaningless game and if he were to go down we would have to start a QB that was with the team for less than 2 weeks. That would be malpractice. If it happens in the regular season that is a price you are willing to pay to try and win a game, not preseason 4.

I would still play Peterman at least a quarter. He needs the work, and should get comfortable with the ones. Then bring in Wenning. If Wenning looks good, I would cut or trade Tyrod (I am strongly hoping they do, because he can not play a lick in this offense) and Yates. And role with Peterman and Wenning. What do we have to lose at this point?

I would still play Peterman at least a quarter. He needs the work, and should get comfortable with the ones. Then bring in Wenning. If Wenning looks good, I would cut or trade Tyrod (I am strongly hoping they do, because he can not play a lick in this offense) and Yates. And role with Peterman and Wenning. What do we have to lose at this point?

That's what closed practice at OBD is for. Playing him on Thursday would be the epitome of stupidity.

Seriously?

Tyrod sucks and shouldn't play. But then again maybe that is why he will play him so we can suck?

It is for me, I want the #1 draft pick next year. Spend one pick on a Franchise QB, use the rest of the ammo to build up the team

suck suck suck suck

how long will it take before you realize the board gets your point?

image.gif?w=400&c=1

MCDERMOTT: "COMMUNICATION IS A BIG PART OF LEADERSHIP" (14:50)

Bills HC Sean McDermott spoke to the media prior to the team's practice. McDermott gave an injury update on QB's Tyrod Taylor and T.J. Yates and how the team is planning for its final preseason game against the Lions.

MATTHEWS: "I'M COMPLETELY CONFIDENT IN THAT" (4:16)

WR Jordan Matthews gives an update on the progression of his health and whether he expects to be ready for Week 1.

Maybe we should just dress up 5 tackling dummies in front of whoever's at QB... it could just really really confuse the DL and they might think they're in a practice setting and are supposed to tackle the OL rather than the guy with the ball. Who knows? 0:)

Huh, at least there would be no holding penalties or false starts. That would save us 80-100 yards in penalties. Genius!

I think you should think a little more about what your saying