Thank god for the Jets

jumbalaya

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Might be 1983 all over again. Tis time it's the Bills, phins and jests picking top 10 and all three grabbing for a franchise QB. Worked out pretty well last time for The Bills.

Next year's draft will be in 2018, THIRTY FIVE YEARS since we drafted a good QB. You have to have a lot of talent to make that many bad choices.

otherwise we go 0-16. No QB, No WRs, No O-line. This season is falling apart before it gets started. We will certainly be out of playoffs before the end of October. At least we have a better culture. The McDermott experiment won't last two years.

....obviously you forgot last year's slam dunk sweep prognostications...and your valued contribution is so noted....for.....whatever...........

otherwise we go 0-16. No QB, No WRs, No O-line. This season is falling apart before it gets started. We will certainly be out of playoffs before the end of October. At least we have a better culture. The McDermott experiment won't last two years.

Your right, it will last 20 years.

Hey the jets have a good front four, they could have a field day against our O-line, and their QBs could be better than ours.

I'm sorry did we already start the season and and nobody told me?

Last I heard we were in pre-season still and the games don't mean anything.

For the last two years under Tyrod we were horrible offensively in the preseason and then we were the top-ranked rushing team for 2 years last year we were top 10 scoring.

Some of you kids were over at BBMB, but even the most loyal supporters here freaked out. I'm not worried about the offense & I'm super intrigued by the defense.

Throw in Miami might suck and Jests WILL suck and I'm optimistic.

Miami will be fine and could be better with Cutler.

GOOD! We have needed this for more than 17 years. This Retool crap hasn't worked out. Bottom out, clean house, finally try for the Franchise QB And rebuild. We do that and I give this regime 5 years no problem. This 6-10 to 8-8 BS hasn't gotten us anywhere.

Truth!

Isn't next year ALWAYS the greatest QB class to ever come out of college?

As I recall, 2012 was touted as a mediocre QB class, at best, and has lived down to the hype. And this past draft wasn't considered all that good, either.

It wasn't in 2013😳

I'm sorry did we already start the season and and nobody told me?

Last I heard we were in pre-season still and the games don't mean anything.

For the last two years under Tyrod we were horrible offensively in the preseason and then we were the top-ranked rushing team for 2 years last year we were top 10 scoring.

Some of you kids were over at BBMB, but even the most loyal supporters here freaked out. I'm not worried about the offense & I'm super intrigued by the defense.

Throw in Miami might suck and Jests WILL suck and I'm optimistic.

Uh..... we lost to the Jets and Fins TWICE last year.

Same identical O-line as last year will take the field on opening day. Same one that won us the rushing title and got us 25ppg in a season where we basically had no Watkins and poor field position starts from a porous defense and awful kicking game.

Zay is as good as Woods, and our TE's are looking sharp this year, Better defense, better kicking game.

I agree that starting the season against the Jets here at home is great for this team, disagree with you on your gloomy win forecast. We will still go .500 this year.

Just because the Jets finish lower than us in the standings doesn't mean they know how to draft a franchise QB, just look at their recent past. As a matter of fact, I may want them to pick first, so we know he wasn't the right QB for us!!

And the Bills do? They passed on Marino to take Kelly in 1983 which might have been a mistake if you believe that Marino was a better QB than Kelly. They definitely missed on Losman in 2004 and Manuel in 2013. They passed on both Wilson and Cousins in 2012.

The Jests, OTOH, took Ken O'Brien in 1983 and Chad Pennington in 2000. Neither were HOFers but both were decent enough QBs,and Pennington was certainly better than any QB not named Jim Kelly that the Bills have drafted since the merger.

Might be 1983 all over again. Tis time it's the Bills, phins and jests picking top 10 and all three grabbing for a franchise QB. Worked out pretty well last time for The Bills.

LOL. The Bills screwed the pooch in 2004,which produced 3 great QBs and 1 decent one, and sat out 2012 when again 4 franchise caliber QBs were available.

^^^

It wasn't in 2013

Well, it was supposed to be back in 2012, though. There was supposed to be a new era of great collegiate QBs flooding the NFL. After all, 4 QBs went in the first 12 picks in 2011 and 4 more in the first round in 2012, and 2012 first round rookies Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III took their teams to the playoffs as did third round rookie, Russell Wilson. 2011 2nd rounder Andy Dalton took the Bengals to the playoffs as both a rookie and a sophomore, and it looked like the Vikings had a keeper in 2011 first rounder Christian Ponder who took them to the playoffs as a sophomore. That's in addition to the heroics of 2011 sophomores Colin Kaepernick and Nick Foles.

Of course, when the dust settled, Cam Newton and Andy Dalton were the only first or second round QBs to last from 2011, and the best QB from the 2012 draft was third rounder Wilson followed by Luck, Cousins, and Tannehill. All the others crashed and burned.