The Good News :)

I am man enough to respect your opinion

But as a ex player and someone who is stil in the football profession I disagree

That's because players aren't supposed to want to rebuild or "tank"....it's a FO and fan thing who are always looking to the future while players, like yourself, are always in the present...you are given a job on the field and you do it...that's all you have to worry about...fans and front office look at the big picture.

Edited by JaCrispy

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

100% agree

I didn't become the athlete I am by liking losing.

Hell I cried when I lost at the Ralph in

Bottom line this thing should have been blown up. I would rather have one terrible season and finally address quarterback with one pic not using multiples. And then use those other pics to fill in around the quarterback that's my point

I saw what you said before the edit and I am nobody special. But I will say that my father was a coach and I grew up on the field so football is my life. I love the Bills like you and I don't want to lose anymore even though I know we need a QB.

Sorry my friend it's your opinion I respect

So do I

Go 7-9 , trade up to 5 and grab your guy.

Going 3-13 will breed more losers on the squad. Unhealthy feeling

That's pretty much what the Bills have been doing the last 17 years. Where has it gotten them? Either contend, or bottom out--- no more mediocrity.

Everyone that thinks McBeane believes we have to pick in the top 3 to get your franchise QB has to stop. This isn't the NHL or NBA. They know where those elite QBs (Brees, Rodgers, Wilson, Brady) were drafted.

However it helps to have your choice rather then be relegated to J.P. Lossman bc you finished 2 picks shy of being able to select Ben Roethlisberger. Now we have ammo to increase our chances to move up and get the QB you like.

But right now they're hoping they don't have to move heaven and earth to get one if Peterman works out. Then you use your 6 picks in the first 3 rounds to increase the talent.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Edited by Big Blitz

Are people smoking crack here?

Picking top 5 in not acceptable and neither is tanking.

Also if Cleveland doesn't take a QB because of kizer they are also smoking crack.

Bunch of losers here. Losers wanna lose and tank

So when the Jets in our own division get that franchise QB, Pats have Garrapolo, Miami is the only other team without one, Tyrod Taylor isn't one, would you rather be up ***** creek for another year or 2 or for another 10?

That's because players aren't supposed to want to rebuild or "tank"....it's a FO and fan thing who are always looking to the future while players, like yourself, are always in the present...you are given a job on the field and you do it...that's all you have to worry about...fans and front office look at the big picture.

Well I definitely agree with you on some parts.

I definitely live in the present but I fully understand the importance of good drafting and the draft. I'm a realist and obviously don't see us in the playoffs as of today but I don't see us as 2-14 either

So when the Jets in our own division get that franchise QB, Pats have Garrapolo, Miami is the only other team without one, Tyrod Taylor isn't one, would you rather be up ***** creek for another year or 2 or for another 10?

Your calling garrapolo a FQB but not Tanny?

Tannehill is much better. Where was Garrapolo drafted? 2nd round.

Play your heart out and then make your move for a QB

You clearly never played sports at a high level because quitting and giving up is for losers. And we have been much worse and couldn't even go 4-12

Also you clearly don't spend thousands on the bills yearly like me and so many here because tanking isn't why I pony up my $$... Dak round 4. Wilson round 3. Brees round 2. Dalton round 2. Rodgers late first. Big Ben mid first.

We don't need a top 2 pick because tanks don't work 70%. You are irrational and emotional in your argument

Funny how you want to talk about irrationasl and emotional when your season tickets are clearly influencing what you expect from the Bills, even if it is not what's best for the future of the franchise.

Posters that dont want to lose because they paid for season's come off as selfish IMO.

I want the Bills to win the Super bowl, and if it takes me sacrificing a season wasted, so be it.

Funny how you want to talk about irrationasl and emotional when your season tickets are clearly influencing what you expect from the Bills, even if it is not what's best for the future of the franchise.

Posters that dont want to lose because they paid for season's come off as selfish IMO.

I want the Bills to win the Super bowl, and if it takes me sacrificing a season wasted, so be it.

I don't know Crusher, you can't say with certainty 716 thoughts are misguided and tanking is better. There really is no proof for tanking and the NFL isn't hockey where it's maybe got more credibility. Many teams have continually tried to win and had a foundation to which a QB was added. He cited examples of those teams and it's probably more than have successfully " tanked" . A top 5 QB isn't required and is t a guarantee to greatness. I'm pretty sure the only top 5 QBs to win Superbowls since the divisions were realigned are the Mannings. You can want the Bills to win the Super Bowl and still try all out to win every season.

I want a QB.

It doesn't take the first pick. We are still way worse than the jets. So we aren't out tanking them.

We have ammo for a QB no matter our record. When you go to the Ralph NOBODY wants to lose. Why should I come here and agree with tanking. We can get a QB next year in the first without tanking

After 17 years of frustration, if tanking this year is the only way to replace Jim Kelly, I'm in.

I would prefer to have Tyrod as QB while we tank, instead of Peterman.

Tyrod has already made his millions and can retire tomorrow.

I'd hate to ask Peterman to sacrifice his career for this...................but, these are desperate times.

Well I definitely agree with you on some parts.

I definitely live in the present but I fully understand the importance of good drafting and the draft. I'm a realist and obviously don't see us in the playoffs as of today but I don't see us as 2-14 either

Your calling garrapolo a FQB but not Tanny?

Tannehill is much better. Where was Garrapolo drafted? 2nd round.

Play your heart out and then make your move for a QB

Maybe I stretched it a bit with Garrapolo, just seems like everyone in NE system can be productive. I just think the Jets are sick of being the division B word and have decided to go for the QB fix everything, the jets have solid peices on the defense so getting the QB makes sense. The Bills are in the same boat, were used to watching bad football games anyways, whats 1 more season? Let's be honest this team has sucked for 17 years and we still sink money into them so you would do the same no matter what.

I would not have thought this a couple weeks ago, but after these last couple moves, it just seems obvious that the team is being set up to lose. I think, no matter what the effort from the team will be, they are just disfunctional enough to be on the short end of the stick for just about every game. Our matchups looks really tough and the team looks that even if they fight their butts off, unless there is some miracle season ahead, we,are,destined for a 4-12 to 5-11 season.

That will most likely put us in position to get "our guy". I just hope this strategy will work. It is as good as any in my book.

We'll see soon. Go Bills!

Maybe I stretched it a bit with Garrapolo, just seems like everyone in NE system can be productive. I just think the Jets are sick of being the division B word and have decided to go for the QB fix everything, the jets have solid peices on the defense so getting the QB makes sense. The Bills are in the same boat, were used to watching bad football games anyways, whats 1 more season? Let's be honest this team has sucked for 17 years and we still sink money into them so you would do the same no matter what.

I know what you mean with NE system. As much as I despise that franchise, it's a great system and they've run it for a long time ( all of Brady's career). McDaniels is truly a genius coach, though I know he flamed out in DEN. I hate watching NE, but when I do I'm amazed at the route concepts and how well they are designed. They don't need the most talented WRs to run it either, Hogan being a good example. Lots of guys can contribute. They look for QBs that can read the field, make a quick decision and get the ball out quickly. They use smaller quick , shifty WRs to run underneath patterns against bigger CBs. Almost always catch the ball while they are running , and quickly cut upfield . It's so effective and takes place of a runnng game really. Then when the Dbacks off they sprinkle in some runs. It's so hard to defend because it's so well conceived. Even on third downs they miss, they almost always have the right play dialed up and just something was slightly off. The Bills will have a third and 9 and throw a three yard out that leads the WR out of bounds. Frustrating. I'm not sure that Garrapolo will be a great QB elsewhere but he sure can run that system.

So do I

Go 7-9 , trade up to 5 and grab your guy.

Going 3-13 will breed more losers on the squad. Unhealthy feeling

Cut Dareus, just because, trade Shady to a contender in the NFC so he has a shot at a ring, pick third and load up!

Re building correctly IS PERFECTLY FINE.

No fan can be a fan and say I want to go 2-14.

I want to win the SB this year even though I know it isn't happening. People here want to go 2-14, that isn't fandem that's pathetic.

We ARE GONNA HAVE A GREAT PICK REGARDLESS. WE HAVE AMMO.

Tank and rebuild ARE NOT THE SAME

OP wants a tank

And regarding success in life... don't get me wrong... not a bigot or money first.

Try your best, have love in your heart and you are successful IMO.. i wasn't talking about money ,more the soul and being loved.

If you have family and friends and give 100% and have love in your heart you are a success to me

:beer: All good man.

I know the pressure is building as the season approaches. People are passionate about their opinions, and that's fine. Quite frankly that's why we are here, at the land of misfit toys, only for fans too intense for the average football conversation.

I just have a hard time believing people want to go 2-14. They want a Super Bowl, too, but think tanking is the way to get there. There is evidence of mixed results, mostly supporting the fact that tanking doesnt work, but I get the perspective. We lose 1 more game in 2003, we would have gotten Roethlisberger, and 1 more loss in 2010 gets us Cam Newton, etc. Do you remember/celebrate those wins, or would you rather have Ben or Cam? That's the thinking. I do understand your point of view though.

You can rebuild without tanking. Look at Seattle.

If we suck because we're bad, whatever. But we aren't a 4-12 team

no, actually it looks like they are.......

they'll play/hard give 100%, blah blah because, f the team, personnel people around the league are studying tape in detail on all of them prior to FA. everyone gives 100%, not for the team, but for the next contract. these guys are independent contractors, screw the team (just ask Sammy and Darby, team was really loyal to them, huh?) . you're just rooting for laundry my friend.... its every man for himself in today's NFL

Are people smoking crack here?

Picking top 5 in not acceptable and neither is tanking.

Also if Cleveland doesn't take a QB because of kizer they are also smoking crack.

I don't get all of the tank talk. I don't believe for a minute that this team will not do it's best every single week to win. Let's just let them play the games and see where it takes us.

From a statistical viewpoint, picking #1 greatly increases a teams chances of winning the Super Bowl or even making the Super Bowl down the line. About 28% of all Super Bowls have been won by a QB who was the number 1 pick of the entire draft (It was 30% the last time I ran the numbers, but Brady singlehandedly keeps bringing the number down). It's not just QBs, but they make the point the best. Imagine the Bills Super Bowl teams without Bruce Smith. Would they have been as good? Also, it obviously doesn't hurt the players attitude towards winning to suffer a bad season early in their careers. Guys like Reed, Smith & Talley went from AFC worst to eventually 1st & the reminder of being on the worst team in the NFL helped make them hate losing probably more than guys who have never been on a really bad team. Most of the guys on the bad teams were weeded out, just as most of this year's team won't be around for a Super Bowl. The bottom line is I'll take a 28% of winning the Super Bowl in a few years over the Bills current 0% if the team has to field a bad team with a very tough schedule for 1 more year.