The Good News :)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You clearly never played sports at a high level because quitting and giving up is for losers. And we have been much worse and couldn't even go 4-12

Also you clearly don't spend thousands on the bills yearly like me and so many here because tanking isn't why I pony up my $$... Dak round 4. Wilson round 3. Brees round 2. Dalton round 2. Rodgers late first. Big Ben mid first.

We don't need a top 2 pick because tanks don't work 70%. You are irrational and emotional in your argument

BOOM!

This team would be lucky to get to 4-12 with Peterman at the helm. There is now way an NFL coach hands the reins over to a flat out rookie after 1 game regardless of the outcome. Taylor starts when he's healthy. If he loses say 4 in a row, Peterman might get a look then .

Didn't think seniority was the deciding factor in who plays at this level.

It is looking better and better that the Bills will get a top five pick in the 2018 draft to select a chance at a franchise QB. And even better Cleveland looks like they have a QB, which will take them out of the market.

Now we just need some one from the jets to step up and we're golden.

From a statistical viewpoint, picking #1 greatly increases a teams chances of winning the Super Bowl or even making the Super Bowl down the line. About 28% of all Super Bowls have been won by a QB who was the number 1 pick of the entire draft (It was 30% the last time I ran the numbers, but Brady singlehandedly keeps bringing the number down). It's not just QBs, but they make the point the best. Imagine the Bills Super Bowl teams without Bruce Smith. Would they have been as good? Also, it obviously doesn't hurt the players attitude towards winning to suffer a bad season early in their careers. Guys like Reed, Smith & Talley went from AFC worst to eventually 1st & the reminder of being on the worst team in the NFL helped make them hate losing probably more than guys who have never been on a really bad team. Most of the guys on the bad teams were weeded out, just as most of this year's team won't be around for a Super Bowl. The bottom line is I'll take a 28% of winning the Super Bowl in a few years over the Bills current 0% if the team has to field a bad team with a very tough schedule for 1 more year.

That's one way to look at it.

Another is that, since the playoff drought began, 12 QB's have been drafted with the No. 1 overall pick.

Only Eli has a SB win.

To go a step further, Eli remains the one who was the first QB taken in his draft class that won a SB.

To go back even further, no QB drafted since 1989, who was the 1st QB taken in a given year, has won a SB (Except the Manning Brothers.

In fact, by my count, of the 30 QB's taken in the top 5 since 1990, only the Manning's have have won a SB.

It all depends on how you look at the odds, I guess.

Picking top 5 isn't acceptable because we aren't a bottom 5 team. Losing ISNT ACCEPTABLE. Just because we are used to it doesn't make it acceptable. You always try to win and we are better than 4-12

Changing culture doesn't come from tanking

Sorry 716, but we have no chance to make the playoffs with this roster. If we win 7 games again , I swear I'm going to lose it. As bad as it is the best thing for us would be the 85 BILLS, which led to the glory years. It's not tanking its stinking ;)