The Q.B. controversy is on

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Peterman looked like a very average rookie. VERY average.

Not nearly as impressive IMO.

To a biased eye of course not. It was only throw into a tight window to take the lead in a regular season game with the team trying to make the playoffs vs. a meaningless preseason game. :lol:

Tyrod can't make this throw... Ever.

Check out @jonathan_koziol's Tweet: https://twitter.com/jonathan_koziol/status/901589059843260416?s=09

That is a nice throw.

the throws that didn't count last night, were the rookie's most impressive throws. two negated by illegal formation penalties on third and long (3rd and 7 and 3rd and 11) and two negated by drops, the back shoulder to Zay Jones for a long gain and another from Clay. (on the scoring drive)

All of those four passes would have kept the chains moving.

I like Peterman but I don't want him starting right now if Taylor is healthy.

It's rather comical people think it will be so easy to get a starting QB in the draft next year.

Oh and Peterman?

"Peterman was inconsistent, completing 11-of-23 passes for 93 yards and posted a quarterback rating of 58.8."

Yeah I will be pumped if he is our starting QB.

Playing with the 1s for the first time and nearly matched TT's 50% so far this season!!!!

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

To a biased eye of course not. It was only throw into a tight window to take the lead in a regular season game with the team trying to make the playoffs vs. a meaningless preseason game. :lol:

I'm not really biased toward Peterman. In fact I think Buffalo would probably win a game or 2 more with Tyrod. I just think there are throws Peterman can make that Tyrod can't because of physical tools Tyrod doesn't have as well as mental tools. From what I have seen in 6 preseason quarters from Peterman I think the prudent thing for the coaching staff to do is to give Peterman an opportunity to see what they have. He's played good enough to peak everyone's interest IMO. I can't think of one reason not to play the kid. Edited by Bills Pimpin'

the throws that didn't count last night, were the rookie's most impressive throws. two negated by illegal formation penalties on third and long (3rd and 7 and 3rd and 11) and two negated by drops, the back shoulder to Zay Jones for a long gain and another from Clay. (on the scoring drive)

All of those four passes would have kept the chains moving.

I like Peterman but I don't want him starting right now if Taylor is healthy.

I think it's becoming evident to more fans that every time they see Peterman in action that his ceiling as a pocket passer is higher than TT's. But I agree, TT is a leader on this team, his past production merits him being the starter on this team. But if and when this team no longer is in the playoff hunt or seriously struggling on a sustained basis with TT at the helm, you gotta then bring in Peterman.

They have some big decisions to make during draft time and not getting a good complete look under those circumstances would be foolish.

Edited by Magox

I'm not really biased toward Peterman. In fact I think Buffalo would probably win a game or 2 more with Tyrod. I just think there are throws Peterman can make that Tyrod can't because of physical tools Tyrod doesn't have as well as mental tools. From what I have seen in 6 preseason quarters from Peterman I think the prudent thing for the coaching staff to do is too give Peterman an opportunity to see what they have. He's played good enough to peak everyone's interest IMO. I can't think of one reason not to play the kid.

I can. He's not their best QB and if he were there'd be no hesitation by the coaches to play him. Peterman will only play if Taylor is not available due to injury.

@pham1717

McDermott said as starting quarterback, he wouldn't have played Taylor in the final preseason game.