Brandon Reilly

Mark Vader

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think picking through the NFL waiver wire trash heap will bring any better players? I don't.

. It's different than back in the day when there were a couple different cut dates. A ton of guys will be available. I see Reilly coming back; not many teams will lock onto a former hockey playing FA rookie.

Ok...you continue to fight for a borderline roster player if you like.

At this time, they decided they would rather go with guys with experience over an unknown who flashed in preseason against other fringe players.

You could make the argument about whether this team should be going with youngsters that have potential over experienced vets, but that's not what these guys appear to be doing.

I agree that we should be letting the vets go and seeing what we have in young players cause I am treating this season as a throw away, but this regime sees it differently.

To be honest i dont care about any WR on this team. Until we get a QB none of it matters.

But the McDermott preaching can now stop

You think picking through the NFL waiver wire trash heap will bring any better players? I don't.

We watch one team. Other teams have their own Brandon Reilly that fans thought would make the team and they'll be available to us tomorrow. Do you honestly believe Brandon Reilly is the #1 player on the entire waiver wire out of 1000+ guys?

We watch one team. Other teams have their own Brandon Reilly that fans thought would make the team and they'll be available to us tomorrow. Do you honestly believe Brandon Reilly is the #1 player on the entire waiver wire out of 1000+ guys?

That wasn't the point at all. It had nothing to do with Reilly.

...so does that steepen the learning curve/rhythm of your QB's or is it a non-issue?......must be SOME talent in the WR corp.....

Brown is good on special teams. And if Streater is healthy he'll stay. Holmes could go; that would help get a compensation pick and give room for another speed type guy. They also are likely keeping WRs that can block given reliance in the run game. I'd say one or two new guys at the position after today is done. And they'll have to catch up quick

Brown is good on special teams. And if Streater is healthy he'll stay. Holmes could go; that would help get a compensation pick and give room for another speed type guy. They also are likely keeping WRs that can block given reliance in the run game. I'd say one or two new guys at the position after today is done. And they'll have to catch up quick

...fair assessment......have never been impressed with Crossman, but I do like balanced ST'ers who can also play their natural positions....hated the Bobby April era...he had too much say in the final 53 and had too many one dimensional guys on ST......when injuries happened, they usually sucked at their natural position and Jauron went shopping at Walmart............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

It is the same every year. There is a young guy that surprises and plays great, and the coach/GM cuts him only to keep "experience". Reilly looked like a keeper to me in the same way Hogan did in the past. The past coaches/GM never seemed to have much faith in Hogan either. One guy runs a 4.3...another a 4.4...who cares when the 4.4 guy seems to have a knack for getting open and actually catches the ball.

Is Andre Holmes still on the roster? -If so, why?

The list of cuts reveals a lot about the direction of the team, IMO... McDermott is proving more and more that he's another Daddy's boy (coaches son) with set Ideas on how things should work.

He had some success in the past and now he thinks he knows it all.... Remind you of anyone?