Steptide

Which QB  

449 members have voted

1. 1. So who's YOUR starting qb?

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta say, I think it's really sad that you're on here posting so freakin much now. Not because I don't think you have a right to post. But because, for you, Tyrod looking bad or any imminence of him potentially being benched is like red meat thrown into your kennel.

Your post count per day increased exponentially once you saw, in particular, the Eagles game. I think if Peterman becomes the starter and plays really well, you won't know what to do with yourself because all you seem capable of is endlessly negative criticism of particular players and posters who you label as "homers" of that player.

I bet if Peterman ends up the starter and retains the job because he vastly exceeds expectations, you'll be one of those posters who just gloats and rubs it in the faces everyone you think got it wrong rather than celebrating the play of the guy you exalted so much.

There are Eeyores of the world and you seem to be one of them.

Just ridiculous.

As to your post, I think a lot of people are looking at a Defense that's likely to take 2 or 3 steps forward with an offense that takes a step back. Still a step forward. Personally, I think our D is going to pretty dramatically improve from last year and that this team might be lined up (unfortunately) for another middling season. It looks like 8-8 to me.

The optimistic homer in me is thinking 10 wins are possible, though, with an offense that plays much better than it has appeared in the preseason. With Matthews coming in hopefully healthy and Dennison likely implementing an offense we've only seen a fraction of, so far, I think it's possible, but not likely.

Whoever is under center, it seems pretty clear that Dennison is running the offense differently through the QBs in the preseason. As Hokie said earlier in the thread, I'd say it's likely to test them and make them uncomfortable in order to try to get them used to the aspects of his offense they'll be most uncomfortable in.

Taylor's used to taking snaps in the shotgun, yet only 35% (20/57) of all his preseason snaps were taken in the shotgun.

and before you say that's because Dennison's offense operates mostly under center...

Peterman was the most "pro-ready" QB in the draft and is comfortable taking snaps under center, yet 53% (60/113) of all his preseason snaps were taken in the shotgun.

If Taylor's healthy and starts in a week and a half, I doubt what we've seen in preseason really resembles what we see in week 1. And I'm sure Dennison will be capable of maximizing Taylor's skillsets.

Just ridiculous.

Is you trying to be nasty to me all the time.

Just ridiculous is you constantly pushing Tyrod even if you have to be a horrible person to die hard fans like myself.

I have been a season ticket holder since the Kelly days all I want is for my team to win but deep down I know the only way to win in this league is to get the most important position taken care of until then it really doesn't matter. I truly hope for Peterman and a top talent drafted next year to fight it out for the franchise position.

I am sick of other teams backup QBs that have shown to be not good enough that OBD keeps trotting out with each new staff.

I think we have seen Tyrods best and it isn't good enough. No matter how many times you post his padded stats of the last two seasons I will still look at him as not good enough for my team.

As for me posting more it's getting closer to the start of the season, Im a fan so of course I'm here stop trying to bully fans into not posting just because they are different then yours. I don't understand you at all, you were a very nasty poster on BBMB and I see your riding the line here as well.

Your quest to push Fitz failed and get ready your quest for Tyrod is the next to go.

it depends. does he get a lot of garbage time stats? does he look lost? or does he drive his team down the field late in games? does he have command of the offense? does he spray the ball all around the field with timing, touch, and accuracy? if he is the man, he will show you enough to know what to do.

Very good post man, right on Edited by xRUSHx

I gotta say, I think it's really sad that you're on here posting so freakin much now. Not because I don't think you have a right to post. But because, for you, Tyrod looking bad or any imminence of him potentially being benched is like red meat thrown into your kennel.

Your post count per day increased exponentially once you saw, in particular, the Eagles game. I think if Peterman becomes the starter and plays really well, you won't know what to do with yourself because all you seem capable of is endlessly negative criticism of particular players and posters who you label as "homers" of that player.

I bet if Peterman ends up the starter and retains the job because he vastly exceeds expectations, you'll be one of those posters who just gloats and rubs it in the faces everyone you think got it wrong rather than celebrating the play of the guy you exalted so much.

Just ridiculous.

As to your post, I think a lot of people are looking at a Defense that's likely to take 2 or 3 steps forward with an offense that takes a step back. Still a step forward. Personally, I think our D is going to pretty dramatically improve from last year and that this team might be lined up (unfortunately) for another middling season. It looks like 8-8 to me.

The optimistic homer in me is thinking 10 wins are possible, though, with an offense that plays much better than it has appeared in the preseason. With Matthews coming in hopefully healthy and Dennison likely implementing an offense we've only seen a fraction of, so far, I think it's possible, but not likely.

Whoever is under center, it seems pretty clear that Dennison is running the offense differently through the QBs in the preseason. As Hokie said earlier in the thread, I'd say it's likely to test them and make them uncomfortable in order to try to get them used to the aspects of his offense they'll be most uncomfortable in.

Taylor's used to taking snaps in the shotgun, yet only 35% (20/57) of all his preseason snaps were taken in the shotgun.

and before you say that's because Dennison's offense operates mostly under center...

Peterman was the most "pro-ready" QB in the draft and is comfortable taking snaps under center, yet 53% (60/113) of all his preseason snaps were taken in the shotgun.

If Taylor's healthy and starts in a week and a half, I doubt what we've seen in preseason really resembles what we see in week 1. And I'm sure Dennison will be capable of maximizing Taylor's skillsets.

I don't see it. Taylor has more or less performed in the regular season as he played in each preseason.

The Bills offense is going to be horrible this year. We're below average at QB, on the OL and have one of the worst WR groups in the league. All we have is McCoy, and he's going to face nothing but 8 man fronts because we don't have a single WR on the roster who can stretch the field vertically.

Instead of having guys who can make big plays in the pass game, our stable of possession receivers is going to force Taylor to manufacture and sustain drives, and there's too much evidence that he's not the type of QB who can do that.

Taylor is best suited in an offense that has speedy receivers on the outside who can at least keep a defense honest because he showed he deliver a pretty good deep ball. With this group of possession based receivers, opponents will lock us up in man coverage with a single high safety, and blanket short pass patterns like they used to do with Trent Edwards.

This season is going to be really tough to watch, because our offense is going to be among the worst in the league.

Edited by jrober38

I don't see it. Taylor has more or less performed in the regular season as he played in each preseason.

The Bills offense is going to be horrible this year. We're below average at QB, on the OL and have one of the worst WR groups in the league. All we have is McCoy, and he's going to face nothing but 8 man fronts because we don't have a single WR on the roster who can stretch the field vertically.

Instead of having guys who can make big plays in the pass game, our stable of possession receivers is going to force Taylor to manufacture and sustain drives, and there's too much evidence that he's not the type of QB who can do that.

Taylor is best suited in an offense that has speedy receivers on the outside who can at least keep a defense honest because he showed he deliver a pretty good deep ball. With this group of possession based receivers, opponents will lock us up in man coverage with a single high safety, and blanket short pass patterns like they used to do with Trent Edwards.

This season is going to be really tough to watch, because our offense is going to be among the worst in the league.

I worry that this is largely true, but I also think Dennison will roll Tyrod out of the pocket more and I expect our offense to look different than it has in preseason. We'll find out over the first 3 weeks or so.

I worry that this is largely true, but I also think Dennison will roll Tyrod out of the pocket more and I expect our offense to look different than it has in preseason. We'll find out over the first 3 weeks or so.

I don't think it will matter.

Without a WR who can stretch the field deep and command safety help, it's going to be a replay or Trent's last year here, where teams loaded the box, and stacked bodies in zone coverage across the short passing lanes, daring him to try and beat them deep with his arm.

We're going to put Taylor in the worst possible offense for him to run. He needs big, fast receivers on the outside who can stretch the field and make plays down the sidelines. As we all know, Taylor's at his worst having to throw short passes to the middle of the field, and if you look at our receivers, that's all Matthews, Jones and Clay are going to contribute this year.

I'm expecting the worst offense we've seen in about 10 years. I think we'll struggle to run it, and I think our passing game is going to be a total liability due to what we're lining up at WR this year.

Edited by jrober38

I see all of a sudden Tyrods votes went up, I wonder if a few Tyrod guys have multiple accounts or have added a few new ones.

it's got to be a conspiracy

not really, pretty numb to bills football now. if they don't look like they'll contend there is always something better do do with sunday afternoon then watching bad football.

Have to agree.

Ummmm, what?

Where did I ever say this?

You like to oversimplify and twist words, I see.

Tell me wherever I said this.

As much as I would love to track down your 1000 TT posts, I can't be bothered.

We both know you extensively argued that Taylor was still in the long-term plans of this organization, despite his paycut. Up until we traded away our best WR.

Edited by jmc12290

I don't really disagree with what you say here, but I don't even know if it's really a response to what I said.

I think when/if Taylor's under center to start the regular season, Dennison is going to roll him out and put him in shotgun a heckuva lot more than he has done for the first 3 games. Under those conditions, Taylor is more likely to thrive.

I don't agree that our offense will be as bad as you say, though I think they take a step back. I think they'll be a middle of the pack offense. If the defense takes the big step forward I expect them to, this team is still probably destined for another 7-9 to 9-7 year.

I don't think it will matter.

Without a WR who can stretch the field deep and command safety help, it's going to be a replay or Trent's last year here, where teams loaded the box, and stacked bodies in zone coverage across the short passing lanes, daring him to try and beat them deep with his arm.

We're going to put Taylor in the worst possible offense for him to run. He needs big, fast receivers on the outside who can stretch the field and make plays down the sidelines. As we all know, Taylor's at his worst having to throw short passes to the middle of the field, and if you look at our receivers, that's all Matthews, Jones and Clay are going to contribute this year.

I'm expecting the worst offense we've seen in about 10 years. I think we'll struggle to run it, and I think our passing game is going to be a total liability due to what we're lining up at WR this year.

Worst offense we've seen in 10 years, huh?

Well, guess we'll find out soon enough.

As much as I would love to track down your 1000 TT posts, I can't be bothered.

We both know you extensively argued that Taylor was still in the long-term plans of this organization, despite his paycut. Up until we traded away our best WR.

No, we both don't know that, because you live in fantasy land.

If you think I said Taylor was in the long-term plans (and please think about that word and what it implies), you're deluding yourself and others to try to perpetuate some narrative where I think Taylor is an Elite QB.

Yah, never happened 0:)

Tyrod doesn't fit this offense, he is not good enough to taylor an offense to him to get a few more wins while still not being good enough to go to the playoffs. I see Taylor Struggling and at some point they will give Peterman a go. Kids look impressive so far, im sure they plan on giving him a good look before Next years draft.

I don't really disagree with what you say here, but I don't even know if it's really a response to what I said.

I think when/if Taylor's under center to start the regular season, Dennison is going to roll him out and put him in shotgun a heckuva lot more than he has done for the first 3 games. Under those conditions, Taylor is more likely to thrive.

I don't agree that our offense will be as bad as you say, though I think they take a step back. I think they'll be a middle of the pack offense. If the defense takes the big step forward I expect them to, this team is still probably destined for another 7-9 to 9-7 year.

No, we both don't know that, because you live in fantasy land.

If you think I said Taylor was in the long-term plans (and please think about that word and what it implies), you're deluding yourself and others to try to perpetuate some narrative where I think Taylor is an Elite QB.

Yah, never happened 0:)

Talk about fantasy land. I don't think there is a poster that hasn't seen your little Tyrod elite rants. The time you did it with comparing Kelly I think really set some posters off including myself. SMH Edited by xRUSHx

Sad when a rookie QB with a 50% completion rate, averaging 5.47 YPA with a QB rating of 71 is everyone's savior...just shows how bad Taylor has been

AMEN

If the plan is to win games: Tyrod

If the plan is to develop Peterman as long term starter: Peterman

If the plan is to tank for a high draft pick QB: Peterman

If the plan is to tank but keep some kind of trade value for Peterman: Yates

Seems Nate wins 2 of the 4 .. so play Nate

Based on three pre season games. To heck with 29 actual games when it counts.

And those 29 games got the Bills what?

What difference does it make, we don't have a playoff team with Tyrod everyone can agree on that in my opinion.

Play Peterman and see what he can do, worse case we end up in last but at least we get a better draft pick, best case he lights it up and takes this team on a playoff run.

Eitherway he gets playing experience that will help for next season to either start a few games before the new QB starts or ends up a solid backup. We all know Tyrod is gone next season using him is just kicking dust in the wind, it does absolutely nothing for the now or the future.

Change your vote and vote Peterman, clearly he is the choice. Go Bills

Do I have a second AMEN ... do you buy a lottery ticket thinking you're going to win .. of course not .. if you do .. play Tyrod ... if not .. but just for the fleeting second you might win .. just for the dream ... do the Random Pick and see if it hits ... ie play NATE!!!

This is my first time where I have zero expectations for the season all things considered... 5TH TOUGHEST SCHEDULE IN THE LEAGUE. New coaching new regime. Im not saying dont try but are the fans going to be mad if Peterman is starting by week 3 after two disappointing games . Better yet what if Tyrod throws a loss up to the Jets week one ... what has to happen for this kid to get a start? It would be nice to know what that line is in the sand.

Dude, everyone we play knows we're going to try and roll Taylor out, and they're going to actively try and stop us from doing that.

Everyone we play is going to make him play QB, and as he's shown in the past, he's going to struggle.

All of our receivers are possession guys who use the middle of the field; the area of the field that Taylor is the worst at completing passes to. Without a legit deep threat, we're going to face stacked boxes and Taylor is going to have to lead sustained drives if we want to put points on the board, and that's something he's never done well.

Taylor is capable of creating big plays, but the problem this year is we don't have any big play makers in the pass game. Our receivers are sure handed and they run good routes, but they're not explosive and they're not going to get behind a secondary for big plays.

The Bills were middle of the road last year, and I think they're going to regress this year. Taylor topped out in 2015, and he's been in decline ever since. He's been horrible all preseason and has not looked good in camp. The Bills are yet again going to rank at the bottom of the league in passing, and without any big play makers in the pass game there's going to be more pressure than ever on the run game, and with them being keyed on by defenses without any home run receivers to keep them honest, I think we're going to have an offense that scores about 20 points per game, which would be the worst we've seen in 10 years.

Edited by jrober38

Just ridiculous.

There are about 10 posters like this, he is one that is familiar to any bbmb as being one, worthless post, no insight, just Tyrod sucks. Along with KellyToughII and some others that the mods have seem to have done a great job of banning. Saying Tyrod sucks every post or saying it in a different way every post adds absolutely nothing to the board or conversation