Bills signed Eric Wood to two year extension

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He wouldn't. But he has talked about how he and Beane spent many hours talking about team building philosophy. This is what they were around in Carolina. So far they have stayed pretty close to that model.

Sure. But they had a great center there. That one example doesn't at all say to me they value the center position more than anyone else would. But I understand what you are saying.

I think he suits the zone scheme actually. Interesting to see the numbers and see what they do with him and Groy.... if they are both in your best 5 I think you have to think how you get them on the field.AS

As for as Groy... move to guard and backup center?

Sure. But they had a great center there. That one example doesn't at all say to me they value the center position more than anyone else would. But I understand what you are saying.

Well they wouldn't pay a bad one.... of course. But if they think they have a guy they like there they are going to pay them to retain them. This deal is entirely consistent with that. Wasn't meant as a criticism. The Panthers model made a Superbowl two years ago.

Eric Wood is a good player with good character who is the model type person that McDermott frequently states that he wants on his roster. He's not coming cheap but the length of the contract makes it a smart deal for the team. Wood is the type of player, as is Kyle Williams, who you want them to experience a turnaround that they so deserve to be a part of. I'm not sure that Kyle Williams can get there but I think that Wood can. Eric Wood has stated that the most inspirational player on the team is Kyle Williams. He pointed out that when Kyle talks everyone listens. This was a good move and the right move.