Dareus sent home for violating a team rule

No its supposed to be pro ball where men act like pros, Dareus isn't being a pro or a man.

And he clearly doesn't act like a true pro. Yet, do you really think a guy like Dareus would react positively to that type of treatment? Is that the kind of culture you want to build. Talk to him like a man, not a prison guard

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has zero track record as a head coach.

But Marcell has a track record of breaking rules, smoking weed and general immature behavior. That is undeniable. I simply don't understand how you or any fan can question a decision to bench Dareus for ANY rules violation regardless of the severity. What you are learning of coach McD is that he means what he says and most people in well run organizations, at least the good ones, appreciate holding all peers accountable for their actions and expect it. I am sure McD was very clear of his expectations and I also am sure he is quite fair about it. He has shown nothing to think otherwise. I am confident Marcell deserved the punishment.

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora

·

26s

At Ravens/Bills, have learned that Marcell Dareus has been sent home from Baltimore for violating a team rule

This guy will never learn

He simlly cant get out of his own way. Multiple different leaders have had a crack at this guy. You can lead a horse to the water but can't force it to drink.

He simlly cant get out of his own way. Multiple different leaders have had a crack at this guy. You can lead a horse to the water but can't force it to drink.

you know at the end of the day whether he learns or not it wont have any impact on anyone's life but his own. people can talk, bash, belittle or condemn him. it's still his life and those doing so will not have one ounce of impact on him, speaking of those here.

the coach made a decision, he learns from it or he doesn't.

Belichick is more than happy to tolerate Gronkowski's insanity and distractions.

He drafted and played a guy who was convicted for murder. He signed Randy Moss when no one in the league wanted anything to do with him. He signed LaGarrette Blount to his team twice, the 2nd after was suspended and then basically quit on the Steelers.

Belichick as a disciplinarian is a myth. His only measurement of a player is how they perform on the field.

McDermott is following in Dick Jauron's footsteps, not Belichick's.

This is a near perfect analysis.

The way to win is to have the best players. John Madden didn't care what his players did as long as they showed up and performed. Same goes for Belichick.

This is a stupid move by McDermott but also one with minimal downside. You know he wouldn't do the same for a regular season game.

The more I listen to McDermott the less I like of him so far.

But I'm withholding judgement until we see what happens in real games.

Edited by Dragonborn10

@lebronstein

Buddy Nix, after the Broncos drafted Von Miller, leaving Dareus for the Bills: "It's like Christmas."

Whaley on Dareus extension:

"Marcell Dareus is a tremendous player and we feel he has a great opportunity to reach his potential as a player and leader here with the Buffalo Bills," said Bills General Manager Doug Whaley. I also thank Terry and Kim Pegula for being committed to our philosophy of retaining an All-Pro talent like Marcell Dareus."