Hopes vs expectations for tonight?

First no injuries. Second, just improvement

My wish? TT pulls a hammy on a stupid run when WR's were open, but he won't throw to them, on the first or second series. Peterman comes in and leads 3 scoring drives.

:doh: No injuries except for the starting QB just so you can see a rookie who's not ready to play at the NFL level.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopes- everything works, everyone plays well

Expectations- it/ they won't

Seriously though, it's been a depressing pre season . More than I recall in the past, when I'm watching other teams play pre season games. Good plays being made, strong special teams play, crisp passing etc. the Bills just look so remedial to me, like they almost don't belong on the field with some of these teams. The penalties they consistently take just tell me they are getting beat physically, as well as mentally. The talent level and depth on this team is thin. There are some good players, and we see ex Bills performing on other teams. There is something deeper wrong here, the losing stench of a rotting organization. I don't know what the answer is , but it doesn't appear to be repaired or on the way up. I hope they prove me wrong because I want them to win. I haven't seen many positives yet. My expectations are very low.

Hope:

Ducasse looks really bad

Henderson gets reps at RT and looks ok

Ragland gets a series or two with the starting D-line

Miller looks better

Clay and TT hook up for 4 receptions and a TD

Logan Thomas makes a red zone reception

Expect

All of the above, Ducasse is cut and Ragland traded on Sunday for a conditional draft pick

:doh: No injuries except for the starting QB just so you can see a rookie who's not ready to play at the NFL level.

Nobody wants taylor hurt but I have no faith McD will put Peterman in with the 1s tonight and it's a fair assessment that That is precisely what everyone wants to see.

Nobody wants taylor hurt but I have no faith McD will put Peterman in with the 1s tonight and it's a fair assessment that That is precisely what everyone wants to see.

I'd like to see the first team O look good in this " dress rehearsal" 3rd preseason game. That appears to me what the good teams around the league have done/ usually do. Nobody worth keeping plays in that joke of a 4th preseason game , so this is the last chance to get serious reps vs serious competition. I'd bet everyone would prefer the starter ( Taylor) to play the first half and look like a quality QB doing it. That's what I want.

Edited by Boatdrinks

He's not going to and shouldn't since there isn't a competition for the starting QB job. It's time to get ready for the regular season, not experiment with a rookie QB.

Not everyone wants to see Peterman in with the #1 offense because he hasn't even done great as the #2.

Hopes- everything works, everyone plays well

Expectations- it/ they won't

Seriously though, it's been a depressing pre season . More than I recall in the past, when I'm watching other teams play pre season games. Good plays being made, strong special teams play, crisp passing etc. the Bills just look so remedial to me, like they almost don't belong on the field with some of these teams. The penalties they consistently take just tell me they are getting beat physically, as well as mentally. The talent level and depth on this team is thin. There are some good players, and we see ex Bills performing on other teams. There is something deeper wrong here, the losing stench of a rotting organization. I don't know what the answer is , but it doesn't appear to be repaired or on the way up. I hope they prove me wrong because I want them to win. I haven't seen many positives yet. My expectations are very low.

Can we please not condemn this regime until they prove they are inept. At least wait till 9:00 tonight.

He's not going to and shouldn't since there isn't a competition for the starting QB job. It's time to get ready for the regular season, not experiment with a rookie QB.

Don't give him a lot of snaps

Not everyone wants to see Peterman in with the #1 offense because he hasn't even done great as the #2.

In a perfect world Tyrod plays 19 games without a scratch but the chances of any of that are infinitesimal. If we are going to get past 16 games we'll probably need the back up at some point. 26, I agree with what you say, but with the caveat that knowing what the back up brings is part of getting ready for the season. Don't play him more than the last series before the half or a little at the beginning of the third.

Hopes:

No major injuries and pass protection improves markedly.

Peterman gets a series with the ones.

Expectations:

Top ten looking D

Top five looking Run O

Bottom six looking Pass O

Game time thread full of TT apologists , jumping through all kinds of mental hoops to convince themselves he's good🤔

Hopes:

No major injuries and pass protection improves markedly.

Peterman gets a series with the ones.

Expectations:

Top ten looking D

Top five looking Run O

Bottom six looking Pass O

Game time thread full of TT apologists , jumping through all kinds of mental hoops to convince themselves he's good

THis WR corp tonight does not help either QB.

+1. Let Nate cut his teeth with the 2's. We put EJ with the ones and it broke his spirit. Bring the kid along methodically. We are not likely to make a playoff push this year anyway. Yea, play him some but you dont want to throw him to the wolves just yet.

Go Bills. Show us some signs of brilliance on the field. Thats all I ask for at this point.

It'd be nice if you added an opinion. Or just not bothered posting.

Tre White is gonna have a pick y'all.

He actually did.....it was just over your head

Hulk Hogan gets named the starting QB and runs wild all over Baltimore's D...

Brother!

LOL post of the thread

Nope never said we did.

This is a transition year. Alot of players on both offense and defense dont fit the respective systems. (More so on offense)

Bobby.....dont agree with all your takes but respect your opinions especially when you not talking about qb

what players do you fee (besides the qb) do not fit the respective system?

First no injuries. Second, just improvement

My wish? TT pulls a hammy on a stupid run when WR's were open, but he won't throw to them, on the first or second series. Peterman comes in and leads 3 scoring drives.

Why on earth would you wish for our starting QB to pull his hamstring on a stupid run? Perhaps you should think about why you're a fan of this team.

Not everyone wants to see a 4th round rookie play. Nor does everyone think a "fair assessment" is warranted.

I just don't understand all this Peterman love.

So you really think we picked the wrong coaches?Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope never said we did.

This is a transition year. Alot of players on both offense and defense dont fit the respective systems. (More so on offense)

So we picked coaches who will not change their system to fit the guys? Like Rex did? That means we picked the wrong guys and are screwed long term

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1. Let Nate cut his teeth with the 2's. We put EJ with the ones and it broke his spirit. Bring the kid along methodically. We are not likely to make a playoff push this year anyway. Yea, play him some but you dont want to throw him to the wolves just yet.

Go Bills. Show us some signs of brilliance on the field. Thats all I ask for at this point.

NP>EJ

Edited by Buffalo Boy