McCoy to packers rumors

bkep32

Right- if looking for the most premium reward in a vacuum, it's the logical spot. If someone comes close in compensation then obviously you take the other offer.

I don't see the point in wanting to help the Chiefs out in any way this year, seeing that we have their 1st round pick...unless it was for their 2nd round pick :flirt:

Of course, if McCoy was traded he would probably accuse Beane of being racist and trying to get rid of all the talented black players on the team :w00t:

Edited by JaCrispy

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He simply is not.

News flash, he's 29. Running backs peak at 25. He's on the down side of the hill. Thurman Thomas at 29 in 1995 was sliding, Emmitt Smith 1998, Marshall Faulk 2001, Tomlinson 2008. Look at those backs, what they did before age 29 and what they did after, it's not pretty.

News flash, he's 29. Running backs peak at 25. He's on the down side of the hill. Thurman Thomas at 29 in 1995 was sliding, Emmitt Smith 1998, Marshall Faulk 2001, Tomlinson 2008. Look at those backs, what they did before age 29 and what they did after, it's not pretty.

I agree with your general thought but the bar has moved. What happened 20 years ago is irrelevant. Athlete's diets and training regimens have extended their primes. There are examples everywhere. Shady has a few good years left.

News flash, every athletes body is different

News flash for you: Watch his play not his age. He looks just as quick and fast as he ever has.

This may be one of my favorite things to laugh at. When fans of good teams have an obvious need their management failed to fill and they start playing the super favorable what if game. Because they are spoiled by success they talk themselves into thinking things will work out. "Oh we will likely fall short because we again failed to get a star RB to balance the offense? Oh I'm sure we'll get one of the best in the league for almost nothing. Cause our team is brilliant and team x is stupid."

Sorry Packers fans, your grossly unbalanced offense will once again mean you'll be at home in February watching the SB, just like the lowly Bills. Well, that and your awful D.

A couple of observations, humbly and respectfully submitted:

1. Some of the sharpest folks here came from BBMB ( recognize their screen names as derivative from those they had there); and to make a sweeping vituperative judgement of all the migrants is unwarranted.

2.When casting aspersions on someone else's grammar and spelling it's probably a good idea to check your own before you post (you know, the whole glass house and stone throwing thing).

3. In keeping with the tone and tenor of your post, you forgot to add "nanny, nanny, boo, boo".

you don't know me very well, spelling and grammar mistakes are done as a pun. To make fun of imbeciles who think they're so enlightened that they don't make mistakes. Disirregardless, you are wrong about the most enlightened posters. Many of the enlightened posters have been chased away or are just waiting on the regular season when there's something to discuss. I could put to shame any BBM Ur on defense or most things related to football. Several of us could we have chosen not to because there's nothing to discuss until games are played in all hypotheticals are just ridiculous. So thinking as you are you won't see that this message board has always been the king to the little B word ass message boards of BBM B

actually, everyone knows he's 29 so it's not really a news flash

you don't know me very well, spelling and grammar mistakes are done as a pun. To make fun of imbeciles who think they're so enlightened that they don't make mistakes. Disirregardless, you are wrong about the most enlightened posters. Many of the enlightened posters have been chased away or are just waiting on the regular season when there's something to discuss. I could put to shame any BBM Ur on defense or most things related to football. Several of us could we have chosen not to because there's nothing to discuss until games are played in all hypotheticals are just ridiculous. So thinking as you are you won't see that this message board has always been the king to the little B word ass message boards of BBM B

Nice

Ha... Wow, even Boy street coming out with the holier than thou, "I was here first so I must be better" self righteous 'tude.

I actually thought you were better than that. My mistake.

Edited by likei've

Most fans cannot see the forest for the trees. This is the first year i actually do.

What forest is it that they don't supposedly see and you do?

That's being a bit hyperbolic but trading aging assets with an eye on the future is the smart plan as the team is constructed today.

Except that they either let their best young talent walk in FA or traded it talent away. How, pray tell, does that make the Bills better in the "future" and when is that future? The next time there's a total solar eclipse in Buffalo?

Yes! Great plan!!!! Thats been the same plan for the past 17 years! Has worked out very well! Let's continue the path of trying to "challenge" for a wild card!

This makes zero sense

Whatever gave you the idea that the Bills were attempting to challenge for the post season over the last 17 years? All they've been doing is for 17 years is maximizing profit by conning fans with false hope that the team was actually improving when it's just spinning its wheels. They've done this by sending their best young talent to other teams either through FA or trades and using JAG FAs and draft picks to replace players they didn't want to lay while honing their litany of excuses so well and usinng them so often that true believer fans parrot them without even thinking: "he wouldn't have signed here anyways", "he didn't want to be here", "we can't afford him under the cap", "Scrub 1 and Scrub 2 are just as good as Pro Bowler 1 because they fit our system better". When the fans threaten to become jaded and sit home, the Bills FO goes out and brings in a "star" to excite them into filling the seats: a first round QB (Losman and Manuel), a big name FA signee (Terrell Owens and Mario Williams) or an over-hyped HC (Rex Ryan).

There's no real difference between what the Bills did in the 2003 off-season or the 2009 off-season or the 2017 off-season. The only plan the Bills FO has is to put as many butts in the seats while keeping salaries as low as possible. 2018 will be a repeat of 2004 and 2013: the Bills will take a first round QB whether there's anybody any good available or not.

Edited by SoTier

News flash, every athletes body is different

How many running backs have logged as many carries as McCoy and have not fallen off the proverbial cliff around 29-30? Maybe Marcus Allen? And I'd argue he had a few seasons of heavy usage early on in his career and went on to be a part-time back from his late 20s to mid 30s. McCoy still wants to be the guy. I think it's a mistake to think he can be depended on after 2017. I'd trade him now IF I could get adequate value for him. You want Green Bay to overpay.

How many running backs have logged as many carries as McCoy and have not fallen off the proverbial cliff around 29-30? Maybe Marcus Allen? And I'd argue he had a few seasons of heavy usage early on in his career and went on to be a part-time back from his late 20s to mid 30s. McCoy still wants to be the guy. I think it's a mistake to think he can be depended on after 2017. I'd trade him now IF I could get adequate value for him. You want Green Bay to overpay.

What signs have you seen from McCoy to indicate that he's slowing down? Green Bay would be a great place for him to land, but at this juncture there is no credible evidence of him being dealt on the eve of the season especially in light of his direct conversations with McBeane.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

What signs have you seen from McCoy to indicate that he's slowing down? Green Bay would be a great place for him to land, but at this juncture there is no credible evidence of him being dealt on the eve of the season especially in light of his direct conversations with McBeane.

Agree with you on both points. My ideas are based on the idea that as a GM you are building for the future. If a good deal comes along we should make it.

Back to my original point. McCoy is 29. He will hit a wall. The signs I'm looking at are based on the historical performance of all other top backs. I'm also acknowledging the fact that the Bills are accumulating picks for the future. There will be much turnover between now and 2018, & 2019. With every passing season McCoy loses value & gets closer to the end. The Bills could trade him and get a great deal. A GM needs to have an eye on the future and not worry about how the fanbase will react.

Edited by Dr.Sack

You all do realize that Adams has Rogers throwing to him right? You really think he will have another 1000 yard season with 12 TD's with Tyrod throwing to him?

It'd be stupid to trade for Adams without negotiating a LTD so you'd have to consider the possibility that the Bills would somehow acquire a FQB. Not bothering to get quality WRs on the team until you find a FQB doesn't seem to be much of a strategy. Not that I'm saying it he Bills should trade Shady. They shouldn't unless a team gets stupid.

Agree with you on both points. My ideas are based on the idea that as a GM you are building for the future. If a good deal comes along we should make it.

Back to my original point. McCoy is 29. He will hit a wall. The signs I'm looking at are based on the historical performance of all other top backs. I'm also acknowledging the fact that the Bills are accumulating picks for the future. There will be much turnover between now and 2018, & 2019. With every passing season McCoy loses value & gets closer to the end. The Bills could trade him and get a great deal. A GM needs to have an eye on the future and not worry about how the fanbase will react.

Completely false based on performance last season and what he's been showing all during training camp/preseason.