McCoy is getting trolled hard over Kaepernick comments

If Kaepernick was better at throwing a football, he'd have a job.

And? You seem to have a problem with that.

Here on planet Earth things are measured by cost and benefit. Skills, $, attitude and distraction are all factors in measuring who is worth a job in the NFL.

Ask Jeff George and Terrell Owens what happens when your skills no longer overshadow the distraction you cause. I don't recall either of them beating their wives.

Besides, Keapernick has a job. He's an activist now, remember?

Shady is spot on.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My stance is that it's a shame that his protest is considered 'baggage'. I think it's a legitimate protest and it's being done in a dignified manner.

That's a very reasonable opinion. Too bad the media idiots couldn't let it go at that and needed to actively turn it into a nasty political fight. Might have cost the guy his career.

Let me rephrase. I am with the Colin Kaepernicks, Michael Bennett, etc... I don't think the athletes that are sitting during the anthem are insulting our nation or not being patriotic. It's the complete opposite in my opinion. I am not insulted at all. It takes a lot of guts to do it. I wish more athletes would do it.

Not me I am tired of their bull **** Mother Theresa act.

Get down to the Ghetto and and fix it if you don't like it.

Taking a knee during the anthem does nothing.

that is likely the case, if he was an all star - he could obstruct justice in a murder case and nobody would care.

My stance is that it's a shame that his protest is considered 'baggage'. I think it's a legitimate protest and it's being done in a dignified manner. Peaceful protesting is better than violence. I have a lot of respect for Kaep. I hope things work out well for him. He's trying to improve things, I don't know how some people can't understand this.

Because some of us tune into football to watch a game and don't want to be inundated with this political crap. I watch sports for entertainment purposes and as an escape from the constant bickering.

Vast majority of people in US agree with Shady.

Some people hate to hear the truth.

Yes indeed. I have said all along that his talent doesn't outweigh the potential for distractions. One read and run QB. He has trouble reading defenses and can only throw a fastball. He's a great athlete lining up at the QB position much like Tyrod. Don't spout the bs about his stats last year either. They don't tell you how many of those TD passes were in garbage time when the game was already decided. They were calling for his head in San Fran 2 years before this. Harbaugh and Roman got all they could out of him then the NFL figured him ouy. He's a backup at this point and a backup who has the potential to turn a team into a circus with media attention due to his "protests" on the field. If I was an owner I want to win, but I want the books to be in the black just as much.

I love how you guys are so heavy over the kaep thing but gloss over the fact that in his comments he mentioned Brady and Vick under the same breath.

Vast majority of white people in US agree with Shady.

Some people hate to hear the truth.

Fixed it for you

Edited by Elite Poster

Which player was an All Pro?

Which player was in a serious altercation with the police?

Which player has bigger cred to speak on this issue?

this. Close the thread

The funny thing is McCoy brought up Kaepernick's name on his own. The question he was asked was about National Anthem protests in general.

yeah. That's funny. That's like being asked "what do you think of states with volcanos?" And not mentioning hawaii

For the most part, I believe in the pc culture. I don't think it's okay for people to make racist, sexist, or other hateful remarks. Certainly they're allowable under law and should be. But that doesn't mean they need to be allowed by society's unspoken rules of decency.

But sometimes I think we're too pc as a society. Shady offered a balanced, reasonable criticism of a fellow player. But I guess Kap is off-limits because of his political stance. It's nonsense.

we wouldn't be able to have much of a conversation :(

The NFL is quick to embrace wife beaters, convicted felons, and that sort of thing, as long as they can play football.

If Kaepernick was better at throwing a football, he'd have a job.

no. If he wouldn't have rejected his offer in SF. He'd have a job. Kaepernick is the reason he doesn't have a job. If queer af SF can't tolerate him than no one can

Because some of us tune into football to watch a game and don't want to be inundated with this political crap. I watch sports for entertainment purposes and as an escape from the constant bickering.

I really don't feel we are 'inundated' with the protest during the game. Although it seemed the fans in Buffalo wouldn't let it go during the game. Once the game started Kaep didn't do any protesting.

Curious though, how do you feel about players(Tebow?) praying on the field during the game. To me the religious players forced their beliefs on the game.

this. Close the thread

yeah. That's funny. That's like being asked "what do you think of states with volcanos?" And not mentioning hawaii

no. If he wouldn't have rejected his offer in SF. He'd have a job. Kaepernick is the reason he doesn't have a job. If queer af SF can't tolerate him than no one can

Incredibly bigoted statement.

I really don't feel we are 'inundated' with the protest during the game. Although it seemed the fans in Buffalo wouldn't let it go during the game. Once the game started Kaep didn't do any protesting.

Curious though, how do you feel about players(Tebow?) praying on the field during the game. To me the religious players forced their beliefs on the game.

I don't care what players do during the game. There are rules that govern what they can and can't do. I don't even care that kaepernick does what he does. Pan over him with the camera like they do the rest of the players, just don't make a whole spectacle of it and take away from the main attraction which is the game. Edited by RaoulDuke79

Clearly Shady is a white supremacist.

I snorted coffee out my nose when I read this.

The reason is Craig Cobb. White supremacist. White separatist. Publically took one of those "Ancestry" DNA tests that tell you what your ancestors are . Came back 13% "sub saharan African". Needless to say he sh** a brick, went around yelling about how inaccurate the tests were then started taking other tests to find one that would say he wasn't. Someone who lurks on message boards told me, it's actually not uncommon and what happens next depends upon the status of the person in question - if they're a long established and fervent member, folks blame the tests and tell them it's what's in their heart that matters or some such, if they're a newby or kind of milquetoast, they're told GTFO

So while Shady is not a white supremacist, arguably some of the white supremacists could be kin to Shady.

You saying you can't converse without bigoted, racist, sexist or hateful remarks?

Keep sayin' you need to get out more.

I snorted coffee out my nose when I read this.

The reason is Craig Cobb. White supremacist. White separatist. Publically took one of those "Ancestry" DNA tests that tell you what your ancestors are . Came back 13% "sub saharan African". Needless to say he sh** a brick, went around yelling about how inaccurate the tests were then started taking other tests to find one that would say he wasn't. Someone who lurks on message boards told me, it's actually not uncommon and what happens next depends upon the status of the person in question - if they're a long established and fervent member, folks blame the tests and tell them it's what's in their heart that matters or some such, if they're a newby or kind of milquetoast, they're told GTFO

So while Shady is not a white supremacist, arguably some of the white supremacists could be kin to Shady.

You saying you can't converse without bigoted, racist, sexist or hateful remarks?

Keep sayin' you need to get out more.

ain't you supposin to be in some there kitchen, marm?