Join my Luke Falk Cult!

Roundybout

My father in law is a big Cougs booster and absolutely loves this guy. I'm "Luke" warm on him because in big games he is pretty iffy, seems to be really rattled by contact and very lackluster against big defenses like UW. See the last Apple Cup.

Fair point.

Although Washington State's O-Line is not that good, so tough to put it all on Falk.

Are you looking for solidarity in these trying times?

Are you expecting a QB high next year but don't know which to go with, or if several prominent names will declare?

I believe there is one man next year that will be better than all the rest. His name is Luke Falk, quarterback of Washington State, and I am inviting you to get on the bandwagon right now.

"but why should we believe you? Darnold, Allen, and Rosen are the next big things! Who is Luke Falk anyway?"

I wanted Luke Falk in last year's draft, but he decided to stay on his senior year. Points right there. He's smart and should be a good leader.

He has an NFL body, standing 6 foot 4, weighing 225 pounds. While that is no Big Ben, he's plenty large enough to see the entire field.

Speaking of which...

Falk operates in the shotgun and he is quick to scan and throw with anticipation. Although he plays in an Air Raid offense, he does read the entire field. He has a very quiet lower body (calm, firm base) and a smooth release. He has tremendous touch at all three levels. Leach gives him a lot of responsibility in the offense and he has handled it extremely well.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000817592/article/first-look-scouting-washington-state-qb-luke-falk

Daniel Jeremiah's report glows over his read skills and touch on the football. While he may not have the best arm, he is perfect at short-to-medium range throws over the middle of the field. While not a mobile passer, he can move around the pocket as needed. Perfect for our system?

I want you guys to take a look at this tape against Arizona State.

Right off the bat, notice how Falk keeps his head moving and scans the whole field. He hangs in the pocket and finds the open man cleanly.

1:41 and 2:27 shows he can run with the ball too.

He is almost picked off a couple times, something to keep in mind, and I am a bit concerned about decision making at times, but throws such as at 2:52 show his skill at anticipatory throws over the middle.

3:18 again, watch how he hangs in the pocket even under pressure.

I'll let you guys watch the rest. This is one of his rougher games. Arizona St. was bringing a lot of heat this game. I still think there is a lot to like.

To conclude, I think the Bills might be wise to take a good, long look at Luke Falk. A big man with great touch and field smarts seems right up McBeane's alley. Look for this guy to rise up the draft boards in 2018.

Certainly looked to make every type of throw.

AIR RAID = NO THANKS. he might be a good QB some day but that would be like winning the lottery. he would be a project by every sense of the word and we don't have time to wait 2-3 years for him to learn an NFL offense

We may not have as many options as was previously thought as Falk and Rudolph are currently the top 2 seniors and Darnold, Rosen, and Allen will not likely declare.

Edited by JaCrispy

We may not have as many options as was previously thought as Falk and Rudolph are currently the top 2 seniors and Darnold, Rosen, and Allen will not likely declare.

they heard the Jets were tanking and the Bills had 2 firsts and they decided they would rather make $0 and go to classes every day than have to be in the afc east basement! hopefully the Bills don't just draft someone for the sake of drafting someone like what they did with EJ. if they take someone they better believe in that person whole heartedly. otherwise wait another year and get the right guy!

they heard the Jets were tanking and the Bills had 2 firsts and they decided they would rather make $0 and go to classes every day than have to be in the afc east basement! hopefully the Bills don't just draft someone for the sake of drafting someone like what they did with EJ. if they take someone they better believe in that person whole heartedly. otherwise wait another year and get the right guy!

agreed...I like Falk but if there is no elite talent that the Bills believe in, I would hope they trade one of their 1st round picks for a 2019 1st rounder...ALWAYS STAY AHEAD OF THE CURVE!

Edited by JaCrispy

agreed...I like Falk but if there is no elite talent that the Bills believe in, I would hope they trade one of their 1st round picks for a 2019 1st rounder...ALWAYS STAY AHEAD OF THE CURVE!

I'm certainly good with that. MORE picks. And the right players.

Are you expecting a QB high next year but don't know which to go with, or if several prominent names will declare?

I believe there is one man next year that will be better than all the rest. His name is Luke Falk, quarterback of Washington State, and I am inviting you to get on the bandwagon right now.

"but why should we believe you? Darnold, Allen, and Rosen are the next big things! Who is Luke Falk anyway?"

I wanted Luke Falk in last year's draft, but he decided to stay on his senior year. Points right there. He's smart and should be a good leader.

He has an NFL body, standing 6 foot 4, weighing 225 pounds. While that is no Big Ben, he's plenty large enough to see the entire field.

Speaking of which...

Falk operates in the shotgun and he is quick to scan and throw with anticipation. Although he plays in an Air Raid offense, he does read the entire field. He has a very quiet lower body (calm, firm base) and a smooth release. He has tremendous touch at all three levels. Leach gives him a lot of responsibility in the offense and he has handled it extremely well.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000817592/article/first-look-scouting-washington-state-qb-luke-falk

Daniel Jeremiah's report glows over his read skills and touch on the football. While he may not have the best arm, he is perfect at short-to-medium range throws over the middle of the field. While not a mobile passer, he can move around the pocket as needed. Perfect for our system?

Right off the bat, notice how Falk keeps his head moving and scans the whole field. He hangs in the pocket and finds the open man cleanly.

He is almost picked off a couple times, something to keep in mind, and I am a bit concerned about decision making at times, but throws such as at 2:52 show his skill at anticipatory throws over the middle.

I'll let you guys watch the rest. This is one of his rougher games. Arizona St. was bringing a lot of heat this game. I still think there is a lot to like.

To conclude, I think the Bills might be wise to take a good, long look at Luke Falk. A big man with great touch and field smarts seems right up McBeane's alley. Look for this guy to rise up the draft boards in 2018.

I was expecting you to say, "Luke, I am your father."

Speaking of which...

Needs a better year than last year.

DARNOLD ALL THE WAY!

Darnold will be the prize but the Jets will out-tank us for him. Rosen is the next Leaf. Allen would be perfect for our team and we'll need to pick 3rd? I like Falk but only if we can't land Allen and much later in the draft (2nd or 3rd round)....

No way Allen goes that late, I love his talent needs a big jump this year.

But who do u like if Darnold doesn't come out? because it is a good possibility...he will have only completed his sophomore year.

It won't matter either way because if Darnold is a good as some say as an NFL prospect the Bills won't get him as they will not be the worst team in the NFL with the # 1 overall pick in '18.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.