Join my Luke Falk Cult!

Roundybout

Are you looking for solidarity in these trying times?

Are you expecting a QB high next year but don't know which to go with, or if several prominent names will declare?

I believe there is one man next year that will be better than all the rest. His name is Luke Falk, quarterback of Washington State, and I am inviting you to get on the bandwagon right now.

"but why should we believe you? Darnold, Allen, and Rosen are the next big things! Who is Luke Falk anyway?"

I wanted Luke Falk in last year's draft, but he decided to stay on his senior year. Points right there. He's smart and should be a good leader.

He has an NFL body, standing 6 foot 4, weighing 225 pounds. While that is no Big Ben, he's plenty large enough to see the entire field.

Speaking of which...

Falk operates in the shotgun and he is quick to scan and throw with anticipation. Although he plays in an Air Raid offense, he does read the entire field. He has a very quiet lower body (calm, firm base) and a smooth release. He has tremendous touch at all three levels. Leach gives him a lot of responsibility in the offense and he has handled it extremely well.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000817592/article/first-look-scouting-washington-state-qb-luke-falk

Daniel Jeremiah's report glows over his read skills and touch on the football. While he may not have the best arm, he is perfect at short-to-medium range throws over the middle of the field. While not a mobile passer, he can move around the pocket as needed. Perfect for our system?

I want you guys to take a look at this tape against Arizona State.

Right off the bat, notice how Falk keeps his head moving and scans the whole field. He hangs in the pocket and finds the open man cleanly.

1:41 and 2:27 shows he can run with the ball too.

He is almost picked off a couple times, something to keep in mind, and I am a bit concerned about decision making at times, but throws such as at 2:52 show his skill at anticipatory throws over the middle.

3:18 again, watch how he hangs in the pocket even under pressure.

I'll let you guys watch the rest. This is one of his rougher games. Arizona St. was bringing a lot of heat this game. I still think there is a lot to like.

To conclude, I think the Bills might be wise to take a good, long look at Luke Falk. A big man with great touch and field smarts seems right up McBeane's alley. Look for this guy to rise up the draft boards in 2018.

When is the last time a quarterback from Mike Leach's system ever accomplished anything in the NFL?

I watched the first two plays. I've seen all I needed to see. I doubt he'll even be drafted.

Tim Couch went first overall because of Leach, and Falk was projected as a late first, early second rounder LAST draft before he decided to stay in school.

Air Raid guys scare me....

When is the last time a quarterback from Mike Leach's system ever accomplished anything in the NFL?

I watched the first two plays. I've seen all I needed to see. I doubt he'll even be drafted.

He may not be a first rounder but he's absolutely getting drafted. He's probably 2nd-3rd rounder right now.

The Bills could use their firsts on skill players then take Falk later on. I believe that he will be a mid first rounder, which means the Bills shouldn't have to trade anything and therefore maximizing our stockpile of picks.

Edited by GhostsofBillsPast

No offense (and I didn't bother watching the highlights since ASU had no business losing that game), but I am a big time ASU football fan, and they had the WORST pass defense in all of college football last year. That's right, #128 out of 128.

That said, I'll be eagerly watching him play in P12AfterDark this year to see what he brings as a senior.

Thanks for the tip OP, aside from Falk, what other teams should I start scouting for talent in next years draft. I was never one for College ball but I think this year I'm going to start watching it to see who can potentially be our QB of the future. I know management can't come out to say we're in a rebuilding year but we clearly are. I'm all for this, heck after nearly 2 decades I'm in for any new approach. I will support this team but I'm not blind to see what is clearly going on.

I saw the screencap from the Youtube link which shows his girl like throwing position so I guess I named that tune in fewer notes. Pass.

Edited by 4merper4mer

I'm in. I've watched a bunch of his games - not just highlights.

If I had the first pick in the draft, I'd take Darnold. Love him. Think he's going to be VERY special in the NFL.

But I really like Falk, and he can be had a little later (maybe not much - still top part of the 1st round IMO). I'm not worried about the system so much, because I'm not basing it on stats. He is super cool in the pocket. Nifty feet - always balanced, no wasted movement in the lower body, great pocket adjustments to pressure. Sees the whole field. Accurate. A gamer. I think he would be perfect for the kind of offense it looks like we'll be running.

Frankly, unless Tyrod makes a big jump to the next level this year, which I'm not expecting (and I'm a Tyrod fan), I would probably take Falk if I had the 2nd pick in the draft, assuming Darnold was gone with the first. I like him a little better than Allen - whom I like a lot - and a lot better than Rosen, whom I don't like so far.

My current fantasy, though, is that somehow the bottom drops out for Kansas City this year and we end up with the first pick in the draft and get Darnold. I know it's not realistic. Probably more realistic we'll earn it ourselves, although I think our D will be too solid for us to lose more than 10 games. I'm sweating the idea of the Jets getting Darnold. That would be painful.

I've watched Luke Falk play for the last 2 years, and I'm impressed.

Yes, I know he's part of Mike Leach's system, but I think he can learn an NFL offense.

I would be glad to have him on the Bills, and have him hold a clipboard for a year and watch and learn.

Does The Senator have an opinion on him?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.