Trade Tyrod and Shady before the season starts

@SalSports

McDermott asked "Is the team in any position at all to trade LeSean McCoy?" Answer: "No."

@JoeBuscaglia

Peep #Bills HC Sean McDermott's immediate grin and shaking of the head when the topic of trading LeSean McCoy was brought up. Pretty telling

https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/900726382464040960

I just posted about this in another McCoy speculation thread. McDermott couldn't have been any clearer on this IMO. Hopefully that'll put all this unfounded speculation to rest.

There's no way they can trade Shady and still try to say they are competing this season.

I just posted about this in another McCoy speculation thread. McDermott couldn't have been any clearer on this IMO. Hopefully that'll put all this unfounded speculation to rest.

There's no way they can trade Shady and still try to say they are competing this season.

Jon Williams disagree's with you.

Regardless of what McD is saying I'm of the mind the Buffalo Bills will pay careful consideration to any reasonable trade offers regarding any player on the Bills roster IMO.

Edited by Figster

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills RB LeSean McCoy on trade rumors: "I talked to [the Bills] and said that that’s not on the radar, and that’s not in their plans."

https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/900774201493204993

Damn you're quick man! I was just going to post this myself. lol

Both Beane and McDermott have said that they pride themselves on being honest with the players and shooting them straight.

If they both said directly to Shady that trading him is not something they are considering, I believe them.

@MatthewFairburn

Buffalo Bills RB LeSean McCoy weighs in on trade rumors after talking to Beane/McDermott: http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/08/buffalo_bills_rb_lesean_mccoy_weighs_in_on_trade_rumors.html

"There's no trade talks," McCoy said. "I talked to my coaches. I talked to Sean (McDermott) and Brandon (Beane), the GM. I have a lot of respect for the guys. We had a great conversation. I'll leave it at that.

So what is it going to take for the speculation to stop? Why even keep discussing something that the FO and McD have made very clear is not something they are entertaining and went as far as to sit down McCoy and let him know they have no plans to trade him?

Its one thing for the FO and McD to deny to media, its a whole other thing when they approach the player and inform him they are not shopping him or taking offers. Thats how they lose teams in the locker room when they tell a key player to his face one thing and then do the opposite. There is no way this new HC and GM are going to tell Shady to his face they aren't taking offers or planning on trading him just to go behind his back and trade him.

And someone could say they could get an offer they can't refuse, but no one is making that kind of offer for a 29 year old RB with a big contract. There isn't a team in the NFL that is one RB away from being a serious SB contender. There are a couple hopeful teams like the Colts and Giants that need a run game, but what they really need is an OL. And neither has ever made RB a priority, nor is their overall roster good enough to say that McCoy is the missing piece. The only logical team is probably the Eagles to bring him home, however, just don't see any scenario where the Eagles make the Bills an offer they can't refuse. If the Bills were open for business and open to a fair trade value, sure I can see how that could be a reasonable scenario.

But again, everyone on the Bills shut this down to not only the media and fans, but to Shady's face. And no way this regime wants to start off defrauding the most talented weapon on this team to his face. Its hard enough getting guys to want to stay or come to cold ass Buffalo who hasn't made the playoffs in 17 years...this would be career suicide for McD and Beane unless the offer was impossible to pass up, but again, those offers never come for a RB anymore, especially a 29 year old one.

Edited by Alphadawg7

So what is it going to take for the speculation to stop? Why even keep discussing something that the FO and McD have made very clear is not something they are entertaining and went as far as to sit down McCoy and let him know they have no plans to trade him?

Its one thing for the FO and McD to deny to media, its a whole other thing when they approach the player and inform him they are not shopping him or taking offers. Thats how they lose teams in the locker room when they tell a key player to his face one thing and then do the opposite. There is no way this new HC and GM are going to tell Shady to his face they aren't taking offers or planning on trading him just to go behind his back and trade him.

And someone could say they could get an offer they can't refuse, but no one is making that kind of offer for a 29 year old RB with a big contract. There isn't a team in the NFL that is one RB away from being a serious SB contender. There are a couple hopeful teams like the Colts and Giants that need a run game, but what they really need is an OL. And neither has ever made RB a priority, nor is their overall roster good enough to say that McCoy is the missing piece. The only logical team is probably the Eagles to bring him home, however, just don't see any scenario where the Eagles make the Bills an offer they can't refuse. If the Bills were open for business and open to a fair trade value, sure I can see how that could be a reasonable scenario.

But again, everyone on the Bills shut this down to not only the media and fans, but to Shady's face. And no way this regime wants to start off defrauding the most talented weapon on this team to his face. Its hard enough getting guys to want to stay or come to cold ass Buffalo who hasn't made the playoffs in 17 years...this would be career suicide for McD and Beane unless the offer was impossible to pass up, but again, those offers never come for a RB anymore, especially a 29 year old one.

The opening kickoff of game one of the regular season is your answer.

just curious, let's play hypothetical...

given Shady's age and contract, what do u think the Bills could realistically get for him in a trade?

Yes? What could they get? I'd like to know.

+ 1