Should the NFL do away with the national anthem?

Beast

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't apologize on PPP. It's a sign of weakness.

When you say something stupid here...double down, scream it from the rooftops, and force people to accept it until they get tired of your bull **** and cave., Like ExiledInIllinois does. But never, ever apologize.

I was the model even before Double Down Donny... You Guys adore him.

:-)

And yet the media keeps telling us that we SHOULD care SO MUCH that some idiots aren't standing.

Blaming the media has become a thing.

The sad truth is that the media gives people what they want. It's a reflection of society.

The Kardashians, for example, are a thing because marketing tells networks that people tune in to watch stories about them.

Blaming the media for everything is lazy thinking, but lazy thinking is now an idea being propagated from the top, and it's going to get a lot worse.

Defaming the media is always an important step in becoming an authoritarian nation. The strategy is clearly working in today's America.

Blaming the media has become a thing.

The sad truth is that the media gives people what they want. It's a reflection of society.

The Kardashians, for example, are a thing because marketing tells networks that people tune in to watch stories about them.

Blaming the media for everything is lazy thinking, but lazy thinking is now an idea being propagated from the top, and it's going to get a lot worse.

Defaming the media is always an important step in becoming an authoritarian nation. The strategy is clearly working in today's America.

the media can do a much better job. And defaming the media began long before Trump and their bias was transparent damn near translucent with Obama

the media can do a much better job. And defaming the media began long before Trump and their bias was transparent damn near translucent with Obama

I don't remember any presidents calling the media an enemy of the people before Trump. I'd happily correct my opinion if you could point me to an example of that.

I don't remember any presidents calling the media an enemy of the people before Trump. I'd happily correct my opinion if you could point me to an example of that.

it's happened before but too early to remember

And never had the media so vehemently been against the office and Constitution of this country. I am 100% behind Trump when it's media vs Trump. And that pains me to say. But I see no reason to trust or acknowledge the media

I had know of Nixon and one of the early prez's hating the media. Knew Kennedy was the one who put all the chutzpah in to the media and they hated him.

http://thefederalist.com/2017/01/24/sorry-journalists-trump-isnt-first-president-threaten-press/. Soooo enjoy learning. Obama was a B word.

Edited by Boyst62

it's happened before but too early to remember

And never had the media so vehemently been against the office and Constitution of this country. I am 100% behind Trump when it's media vs Trump. And that pains me to say. But I see no reason to trust or acknowledge the media

I had know of Nixon and one of the early prez's hating the media. Knew Kennedy was the one who put all the chutzpah in to the media and they hated him.

http://thefederalist.com/2017/01/24/sorry-journalists-trump-isnt-first-president-threaten-press/. Soooo enjoy learning. Obama was a B word.

Okay. John Adams and Nixon. Are we really citing Nixon as being a good thing in regards to contrasting with the honesty of the press?

The media is against the Constitution?

If you're 100% for Trump in any manner, it's unlikely we will agree upon anything.

Okay. John Adams and Nixon. Are we really citing Nixon as being a good thing in regards to contrasting with the honesty of the press?

The media is against the Constitution?

If you're 100% for Trump in any manner, it's unlikely we will agree upon anything.

Nixon was a very smart man and a good president

Yes. The media is against the Constitution

And when it comes to the majority of the news aggregate than yes I am in preference of hearing it directly from Trump than a news source which is just turrible

Edited by Boyst62

In contrast to Trump, Nixon was a great president.

Nixon would be considered a far-left president in today's Republican party and wouldn't stand a chance of being elected as a Republican, today. Nixon started the EPA. Trump has dismantled it.

It's scary what is now considered conservative.

In contrast to Trump, Nixon was a great president.

Nixon would be considered a far-left president in today's Republican party and wouldn't stand a chance of being elected as a Republican, today. Nixon started the EPA. Trump has dismantled it.

It's scary what is now considered conservative.

Nixon opened Trade with China, Trump whines about it. But both used the Southern strategy to win

Edited by Tiberius

Nixon was a very smart man and a good president

Yes. The media is against the Constitution

And when it comes to the majority of the news aggregate than yes I am in preference of hearing it directly from Trump than a news source which is just turrible

How is the media against the Constitution?

Trump has threatened to prosecute journalists. THAT is against the Constitution and is the M.O. of dictators, everywhere.

Trump has threatened to prosecute journalists. THAT is against the Constitution and is the M.O. of dictators, everywhere.

So'd Obama. And the Bush administration did have Judith Miller jailed.

(Point being, the man holding the power isn't the problem. That the power exists is the problem.

That's because it was never this bad until BHO. He made them feel entitled to sprinkle their bias/ commentary into all news reporting.

By floating out ideas such as " hate speech" to chip away at protections for ideas they don't agree with.

As a die-hard centrist, it's just easier to justify alt-conservative ideas since the alt liberals have gone completely bat-crap crazy.

It's a lot more fun to debate the extremes than to nod and agree about normal civilized behavior, like cops bring food to protestors....

I don't see a difference other than during Obama, conservatives wing nuts sharpened their teeth in public and now with a bat shiite left over occupying our Presidency the rt wingers have put away their files and the left wingnut bought new ones to better sharpen their teeth. Like a circle #%#! here we go round and round... ack thppt... Edited by North Buffalo