In the defense of Tyrod Taylor...

The part of this scheme that has me excited for Tyrod is the amount of play actions and bootlegs involved. That's where I think you can better use his skill set.

Indeed and it is absolutely fair to say they have kept most of that stuff under wraps in pre-season, but the timing routes are a staple of this offense. It is unlikely that they throw those out of the playbook altogether. Equally the scheme relies on the QB being under centre the majority of the time because the run game works off that.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You seem to be the one spinning my words. If you don't produce you get replaced. That's how the NFL works. This new staff is going to evaluate Tyrod and either he plays well and produces or he's gone as our starter. I know it. You know. It. The world knows it.

Right, I don't understand how some can't grasp this.

Stop. Just stop. This is the !@#$ing NFL. Either you produce or you can gtfo. That goes for everyone.

Yup agree. He has to step it up. So far he isn't looking that good. Yeah it's only preseason but still. We obviously need better play at the QB position. Peterman been looking half decent so far. Maybe we got lucky.

The stats do not back you up. he's a low end starter and a very good backup. 47 TDs, 15 turnovers, 1000 yards rushing and the Bills are 15-14 when he plays-that is not bad.Don't know what you have been watching. Not a franchise talent, but you can win with him with a good team around him-and yes-even the franchise talents need a good team around them to win.

That would be great, if he was a RB.

He is a QB and a S***** one at that.

You mean...like how he produced the last 2 years WITHOUT much to work with at WR, 3 OC's since 2014, terrible coaching staff, injuries to him, McCoy, Watkins, the OL, Clay, and everyone on the freaking roster? Yet made 2 Pro Bowl selections, incredible TD to Turnover ratio, and led Bills to the HIGHEST SCORING 2 year period since the first 3 SB years and 5th highest scoring season ever in Bills histrory? Or how Bills were behind only Saints and Falcons in TD's before TT sat out the last week of the season? Like that kind of production?

This UTTER NONSENSE that he has not produced has just got to stop. Did he have a rough night last night, sure...but its a freaking preseason game where the OL got DESTROYED and TT played with literally ZERO WR's he has any history with. His starters were a rookie and 37 year old WR who had NO BUSINESS being on the outside last night.

This over exaggeration of what he was the last years has just got to stop...thats the ONLY thing that needs to stop. HE IS OUR QB THIS YEAR...everyone GET OVER IT...we are aremd to the teeth if he falters going into the next draft...so everyone needs to just stop the fairy tale about getting rid of him right now...your time is coming in the next draft, we can't magically make the draft arrive today...all this CONSTANT WHINING is not only pointless, but just over the top.

There is literally ZERO percent chance he and this offense will be as bad as last nights game was. ZERO. I will bet you any amount of money, I will bet my login here, that this offense with TT plays in the regular season better than yesterday. Doesn't mean it will be good enough to win the job permanently, but WHO CARES...we have the ammo to draft a kid if he falters...so let it go already.

Why is it every good QB has no problem throwing passes to guys that get signed as FA's and are drafted. Yet you make excuses for Taylor that they have to work together longer. how about Taylor just looks and is a S*** QB.

If you have twitter look up YardsPerPass tweet that shows Taylor AGAIN missing wide open WR's on simple slant routes.

Edited by CountDorkula

You seem to be the one spinning my words. If you don't produce you get replaced. That's how the NFL works. This new staff is going to evaluate Tyrod and either he plays well and produces or he's gone as our starter. I know it. You know. It. The world knows it.

That I absolutely agree with, never disputed it. But you need to clarify when you challenge if he's producing with up to this point or in regards to the this year. Your post clearly suggests you feel he hasn't had much production the way you wrote it.

Anyone notice TT was forced to take snaps from Center and NP was forced to take mostly shotgun snaps, 2 things they are both known not to be as familiar/comfortable with?

Does everyone also feel they will still force TT to take mostl snaps from center once the season starts?

Are you sure?

Just looked at the stats for the first two preseason games; have the Bills really run 147 plays in two games? And, THROWN the ball 100 times? Am I seeing that right? if so, they seem to be getting the reps in, but I expect them to RUN more this season.

That would be great, if he was a RB.

He is a QB and a S***** one at that.

Why is it every good QB has no problem throwing passes to guys that get signed as FA's and are drafted. Yet you make excuses for Taylor that they have to work together longer. how about Taylor just looks and is a S*** QB.

If you have twitter look up YardsPerPass tweet that shows Taylor AGAIN missing wide open WR's on simple slant routes.

Really? Rodgers had his worst year in recent years and so did the Packers when they lost Jordy for the season. Tom Brady went from good passing numbers to all time insane numbers once he got WRs that werent scrubs. And those are 2 of the greatest of our time and all time.

Lets go with guys who had good parts to their career, but not HOF resumes. McNabb's passing numbers were just ok until he got TO. Culpepper was a scrub without Moss. Jeff Garcia was solid but not great without TO.

I can go on and on about how important a WR is to ANY QB. And how about you show me QB's who have a 100% turnover at WR to compare Tyrod to. You realize, not a single WR that played with TT this week had ever played with TT before right? You realize one was an old WR that was FORCED to start due to a Watkins trade and Jordan's injury and is someone who should never see the outside spot again as an NFL WR due to his lack of ability in getting separation at the end of his fantastic career. The other is a rookie, who was also learning to play with TT more, especially with the trade of Watkins.

If you don't understand how knowing your WR is important to a QB, you don't understand football as well as you think. I don't say that out of arrogance, I say that because its 100% a fact...any QB and any WR and any Coach and any GM will ALL 100% of the time say the exact same thing. Passing in the NFL is HIGHLY dependent on timing and rapport. This isn't playground football where you just fling it out there and hope they get to it.

Now...that doesn't just give TT a blanket excuse. Last nights performance was a number of issues including mistakes by TT and OL issues. But to over exaggerate and put ALL blame on TT, especially considering for 2 years he's played much better than what last nights offense looked like, is just absolutely ridiculous. To ignore the challenges he is facing is stupid.

And as you reference all these other QB's, they aren't normally going on 3 OC's in 3 years, losing their most talented WR, a terrible OL, a roster with 100% turnover at WR, a 37 year old starting WR who just got here, etc. You can call them excuses because you hate him, but there is reality and in reality those are REAL factors that impact ALL QB's whether you refuse to acknowledge that or not.

And again...none of this mean TT will play lights out and earn the job...it also doesn't mean he will be a disaster. It means, there are a lot of factors impacting the offense right now that will take MORE TIME than one meaningless preseason game to iron out to see what they can actually do or not do.

Anyone notice TT was forced to take snaps from Center and NP was forced to take mostly shotgun snaps, 2 things they are both known not to be as familiar/comfortable with?

Does everyone also feel they will still force TT to take mostl snaps from center once the season starts?

Are you sure?

Interesting observation.

Schwartz was sending multiple blitzers including CB blitzes. Wouldn't surprise me if McDermott knew ahead of time this was coming and welcolmdd it. Preseason is for little things like that, see how the offense does with relentless pressure. With new receivers on the field (and off the field) and our OL 40% backups I just can't get too concerned about yesterday... We're so close to the regular season.

Are you sure?

I don't think the offense is going to look much like it has in preseason. It reminds me of Darby's rookie year when everyone thought he would be a bust because of preseason even though Rex explained he intentionally gave him difficult solo assignments.

You really can't read much into preseason, good or bad. I like Peterman's accuracy and decisiveness, and I'm concerned about our offensive line depth which will likely have to start at some point. Beyond that I'm not drawing any conclusions.

I don't think the offense is going to look much like it has in preseason. It reminds me of Darby's rookie year when everyone thought he would be a bust because of preseason even though Rex explained he intentionally gave him difficult solo assignments.

You really can't read much into preseason, good or bad. I like Peterman's accuracy and decisiveness, and I'm concerned about our offensive line depth which will likely have to start at some point. Beyond that I'm not drawing any conclusions.

Yep :) TT will still have his challenges, but they're not going to make him fail intentionally.

That I absolutely agree with, never disputed it. But you need to clarify when you challenge if he's producing with up to this point or in regards to the this year. Your post clearly suggests you feel he hasn't had much production the way you wrote it.

I don't think my post suggests that. It was more of a general comment about how things are. At some point the excuses dry up and it's either are you good enough or not. Can you help us win consistently or not. We can't sit around and wait for ideal situations to happen before heads start rolling. You (not you specifically, just people in general) can make excuses until you're blue in the face since we know there are plenty to go around almost every game. At some point we have to face reality when it comes to our QB situation. We played these games with Trent, Fitz, EJ and now Tyrod.

Really? Rodgers had his worst year in recent years and so did the Packers when they lost Jordy for the season. Tom Brady went from good passing numbers to all time insane numbers once he got WRs that werent scrubs. And those are 2 of the greatest of our time and all time.

Lets go with guys who had good parts to their career, but not HOF resumes. McNabb's passing numbers were just ok until he got TO. Culpepper was a scrub without Moss. Jeff Garcia was solid but not great without TO.

I can go on and on about how important a WR is to ANY QB. And how about you show me QB's who have a 100% turnover at WR to compare Tyrod to. You realize, not a single WR that played with TT this week had ever played with TT before right? You realize one was an old WR that was FORCED to start due to a Watkins trade and Jordan's injury and is someone who should never see the outside spot again as an NFL WR due to his lack of ability in getting separation at the end of his fantastic career. The other is a rookie, who was also learning to play with TT more, especially with the trade of Watkins.

If you don't understand how knowing your WR is important to a QB, you don't understand football as well as you think. I don't say that out of arrogance, I say that because its 100% a fact...any QB and any WR and any Coach and any GM will ALL 100% of the time say the exact same thing. Passing in the NFL is HIGHLY dependent on timing and rapport. This isn't playground football where you just fling it out there and hope they get to it.

Now...that doesn't just give TT a blanket excuse. Last nights performance was a number of issues including mistakes by TT and OL issues. But to over exaggerate and put ALL blame on TT, especially considering for 2 years he's played much better than what last nights offense looked like, is just absolutely ridiculous. To ignore the challenges he is facing is stupid.

And as you reference all these other QB's, they aren't normally going on 3 OC's in 3 years, losing their most talented WR, a terrible OL, a roster with 100% turnover at WR, a 37 year old starting WR who just got here, etc. You can call them excuses because you hate him, but there is reality and in reality those are REAL factors that impact ALL QB's whether you refuse to acknowledge that or not.

And again...none of this mean TT will play lights out and earn the job...it also doesn't mean he will be a disaster. It means, there are a lot of factors impacting the offense right now that will take MORE TIME than one meaningless preseason game to iron out to see what they can actually do or not do.

Just to correct you...there has not been 100% turnover, and he has played with Boldin before as well as Powell, Tate, and Dez Lewis.

People it's not just this past preseason game. It's the culmination of the last 2 seasons.

he is being asked to run an offense that does not fit his strengths. he never turned the ball over rarely the last two seasons. dishonest posting.

Just to correct you...there has not been 100% turnover, and he has played with Boldin before as well as Powell, Tate, and Dez Lewis.

There is 100% turnover with the WRs on the field while TT is the QB of the first unit. Those guys are not playing with the first unit except for Boldin. And when exactly did he play with Boldin? Tyrod Taylor was not playing with the first team offense in Baltimore, Joe Flacco played with Boldin not Taylor.

Since when does being on the same roster mean you play on the field together? Thats like saying TT has timing and rapport throwing passes to Dareus.

Edited by Alphadawg7