Who's going to take the top off of defenses? Time to trade.

Tipster19

It's painful watching LeSean McCoy in short yardage..........but his severe limitations there do not make him worthless.

Tyrod can put points on the board........he can intensify a running game in ways that an Aaron Rodgers cannot........and subsequently he can lead a very high scoring offense........which is the majority of the point of offense.

But don't act like none of us wants a Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers.........and don't be so ignorant to think that Tyrod is preventing them from finding one in the meantime.

You want the top pick in the draft.......we get it........but the only top picks in the draft to win SB's since the drought are named Manning.......and Eli is no surgeon and the second Peyton title was won IN SPITE of him.

So you DON"T need to tank to get a top QB.......play to win and build a solid roster and add the QB to it........like NE did. Or Seattle did. Or GB did. Or Pittsburgh did. Or Baltimore did. You know......ALL the top organizations in football.

The thing is he hasn't progressed ONE IODA to being anything but blah. Not one

He plays the 1st four games like his first four last year. Let me see the rook

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyrod will take the top off by throwing long, random passes.

DBs love ints and they will give a lot of cushion just for the chance that he throws.

Thru 15 games last year the Bills had turned the ball over less than any team in the SB era.......mainly because Tyrod didn't throw pics.

I agree with #BADOL. Tyrod type QBs need WRs with big time ability. I think it's nonsense that you shouldn't get top WRs until you have a QB. This team will suffer for the Sammy deal. Of course Tyrod is the kind of QB that you'd love to replace, but until you can.... And don't be confused by the whole EJ Manuel/ Sammy thing. Manuel was not even a Tyrod level QB that can take advantage of a talented wideout. Whatever your opinion on Sammys missed time, it's undeniable that he represented the most firepower and demanded the most respect in coverage from the opposing Defense of any WR that was on this roster. It will be a very long year if they don't find that WR soon.

The thing is he hasn't progressed ONE IODA to being anything but blah. Not one

He plays the 1st four games like his first four last year. Let me see the rook

Perhaps not as a passer but as a QB he's definitely progressed since his first year as a starter........he had all day to throw the ball that year and since then things tightened up A LOT without Sammy healthy and available and he adapted and has gotten better and put points on the board at an even higher rate.

But he's got a low ceiling as a pick-apart passer........that's not his game.

I'm as ready as anyone for a franchise QB but in the meantime I'll take a Kordell Stewart and some playoff runs.

Peterman is interesting because he makes some great throws........but then he does everything right mechanically and STILL makes a lot of awful throws as well. He just seems to lack the accuracy gene and he isn't going to be stretching the field anytime soon so he NEEDS to be able to hit throws in tight windows every time for him to become an effective NFL QB.

Perhaps not as a passer but as a QB he's definitely progressed since his first year as a starter........he had all day to throw the ball that year and since then things tightened up A LOT without Sammy healthy and available and he adapted and has gotten better and put points on the board at an even higher rate.

But he's got a low ceiling as a pick-apart passer........that's not his game.

I'm as ready as anyone for a franchise QB but in the meantime I'll take a Kordell Stewart and some playoff runs.

Peterman is interesting because he makes some great throws........but then he does everything right mechanically and STILL makes a lot of awful throws as well. He just seems to lack the accuracy gene and he isn't going to be stretching the field anytime soon so he NEEDS to be able to hit throws in tight windows every time for him to become an effective NFL QB.

Again different era. Not going to go to playoffs with Kordell Stewart in todays NfL. You have to be able to throw Edited by MAJBobby

Why this is not a playoff team. Why ise assets this year to get to 7 wins.

Just bottom out

Tomorrow isn't guaranteed. Heck, the next minute isn't guaranteed for anybody. You and the ongoing list of tank fans might get your wish and the Bills might have the worst record in the NFL, but you have to be sick in the head to actually watch a game of the team you're a "fan" of and WANT them to lose.

You're insane and I mean that not figuratively. I really think you tank fans need to check in to a mental institute.

If the Bills end up getting the worst record, then so be it but i will root gor them to win and as long as they try their best, I'm ok with that.

Edited by HuSeYiN_NYC

"Just bottom out" u said

Yes bottom out is not call for a tank. I have said all offseason this is a 5 win tram before the trades. I have not changed my prediction it is not a good football team

The offense doesnt fit the scheme they want to run. It was always going to take more than this year

Just hope Pegulas give this GM and Coach more than two years

Edited by MAJBobby

Did i ever call for them to tank? What i am saying is if TT starts off like he did last year and showed so far this offseason of blah play and the Bills are 0-4 or 1-4 put the kid in.

That would make sense in that situation, but those calling for Peterman to start over Taylor right now are overreacting. There were times over the last two years where Taylor would look this bad, but be great the remainder of the game.

That would make sense in that situation, but those calling for Peterman to start over Taylor right now are overreacting. There were times over the last two years where Taylor would look this bad, but be great the remainder of the game.

I agree it is. I am not there. However i think maybe giving him some Reps with 1s at practice might light a fire under TT

Good thoughts.

Watching Tyrod last year with the bums they had at WR was at times excruciating.........and the burden was released late in the season and we got a reminder of what Tyrod is capable of if given that great deep playmaker.

We got a tiny glimpse of this problem when Tyrod scrambled right tonight and threw up a 50/50 ball to Anquan Boldin..........it's the kind of play that Sammy and Tyrod turned into big gains/TD's and in the process de-starched opposing pass rushes/rush defenses.

And of course Boldin had no chance whatsoever of making that play and Darby picked it off.

Let's be honest here........Tyrod is NOT EVER going to be Tom Brady or even Philip Rivers......probably not Russ Wilson either........but he could however be Randall Cunningham and Daunte Culpepper in Minnesota.......guys that aren't franchise, pick-you-apart passers but that can nearly maximize big time talent in the receiving corps.

But McDermott and Beane appear to be going the WRONG WAY if they intend to win this year with Taylor.......he needs big play WR's.

I'd love for them to take a shot on a guy like White or even Gordon if he gets re-instated........won't nearly make up for this Sammy fiasco but it's clearly going to be hard to watch them try to make Tyrod play 3 step drop QB all year.

Pre Season.

Vanilla as it gets for our offense.

Mark my words-

Trod is going to do major damage running a lot of Play Action.

For starters he's actually very good at disguising PA.

With his elite running ability and Shady being amazing, LB and S bite, often.

For reference -

Turn on that Sea game, In Seattle, primetime, we killed them with the PA. Guys wide open all day. It's a staple of this scheme, and Zay,Q,Matthews,Streater and Holmes are light years ahead of 2016 Watkins, 2016 Woods, Glass Goodwin, and Hunter, Tate or Powell.

Also definitely anticipate Clay and Shadys targets to increase a ton.

Let's take a deep breath guys. Majority of DL are beating OL in first couple pretty season games.

Like I said, what we saw tonight versus what we'll see in September is night and day.

Not happy about the poor offensive showing but definitely not ready to hit the panic button.

I agree with #BADOL. Tyrod type QBs need WRs with big time ability. I think it's nonsense that you shouldn't get top WRs until you have a QB. This team will suffer for the Sammy deal. Of course Tyrod is the kind of QB that you'd love to replace, but until you can.... And don't be confused by the whole EJ Manuel/ Sammy thing. Manuel was not even a Tyrod level QB that can take advantage of a talented wideout. Whatever your opinion on Sammys missed time, it's undeniable that he represented the most firepower and demanded the most respect in coverage from the opposing Defense of any WR that was on this roster. It will be a very long year if they don't find that WR soon.

Agree

I'm doing this off an IPhone so bear with me. The other day Beane was being interviewed by Mike Florio and made a quick remark about making another trade, or that it is a possibility. My point is, especially after Sammy was traded, is that if the Bills really are not trying to tank it then they need to at least try and replace Sammy with a big, strong, fast WR that can play on the outside. We have ammunition to get this done with some decent players who may not be a good fit under this new regime and a plethora of draft picks. Enter Kevin White. He would be a good fit on this team and could possibly be had. I'm not a GM so I don't know what would be fair compensation but I would imagine that someone like Ragland and/or draft pick(s) would be the nucleus of such a trade. They play a 3/4 defense and while Danny Trevathan is a quality ILB I'm not so sure of his counterpart Jerrell Freeman.

One other thing, after tonight's game a concern of mine going into the Philly game appears to be more of an issue than what I first feared and that is the LT position. This looks like it could be a big problem for us if Cordy can't get healthy quickly. Someone mentioned in the game thread about Brandon Albert. That might not be too shabby of an idea if that OL can't get their **** together.

Here's an idea, in the NFL you need: "a big, strong, fast WR that can play on the outside" . . . so when you have one, who also has great hands, go ahead and trade him away.

After watching that train wreck last night, I'm even more pissed at this latest regime of terror. Yeah, trade away two young and talented players. Stupidity!!!!!

Edited by CSBill

Did i ever call for them to tank? What i am saying is if TT starts off like he did last year and showed so far this offseason of blah play and the Bills are 0-4 or 1-4 put the kid in.

I think we saw what 30-40 reps of Tyrod looked like. I don't personally think they went into that game with a real game plan other than that they wanted tyrod to throw rhythm passes. He failed, absolutely miserably. We know we can run, and run block - so why spend a ton of time on it in preseason?

We know the Schwartz D is coming at you, we need to mix up snap counts, hard counts etc. We were getting to the line fairly quickly, so we should have the opportunity for more motion and stuff.

We'll see what the offense looks like going forward... need to figure out the o-line and he needs to be a ton better at getting the ball out on time. The receivers also need to get to their spots on time. Seems like a mess who can run.