Looking for advice on Hot Tubs/Spas

mrags

The wife and I (I know, I was surprised I had a wife too) are in the market for a hot tub/spa. We started looking at the Fair last week cuz they are all in the same place at once. So we found a few we liked and many we didn't. There's so many differences it's insane. So I'm looking for advice from anyone that has one or that has knowledge of them.

I've heard the differences between metal frame with insulated padding and wood frame with full blown insulation inside. Does anyone have preference and why? I've heard the fully insulated ones are better with heat retention/energy. However I've heard from others that if they get a leak or issue then you have to completely tear it all apart.

Anyone have any info I'd appreciate it. Not just on the insulation but other arguments for certain brands and why.

Thanks

We went the au naturale route this past December, in Steamboat Springs:

http://strawberryhotsprings.com

Wasn't bad, but between the van load of Asians treking up the snowy mountain road (and pulling them out of the snowbank with the rental Ram 2500 4x4) and the Stoners that looked like they just got off the dispensary bus... I can see why you & your bride may want your own hot tub, but you will miss out on the scenary and people watching.

Besides that, can't help.

We went the au naturale route this past December, in Steamboat Springs:

http://strawberryhotsprings.com

Wasn't bad, but between the van load of Asians treking up the snowy mountain road (and pulling them out of the snowbank with the rental Ram 2500 4x4) and the Stoners that looked like they just got off the dispensary bus... I can see why you & your bride may want your own hot tub, but you will miss out on the scenary and people watching.

Besides that, can't help.

lol. Thanks bud. But we're looking for something that hundreds or even thousands haven't already pissed in.

lol. Thanks bud. But we're looking for something that hundreds or even thousands haven't already pissed in.

Ha! So true. LoL... Now I know why my wife didn't go in. Always better to soak in the pee from loved ones and self! :-)

Good luck with the tub hunting, I will follow thread looking for much better advice than the foolishness I expose my family to. You're on the right path. Just don't invite any of us on the board to a hot tub warming party. Definitely would get dicey. With that, getting a portable one, towing it to the annual tailgate is totally out of the question too. Sorry for the schitty advice.

why are we surprised you'd have a wife? most of us have met your wife. nothing to be shocked about. you're a great couple and so much in love.

by the way, tell Joe hello and i hope to see her again at the opener.

Correct approach, in my mind. Break that thing in yourself!

Correct approach, in my mind. Break that thing in yourself!

My Advice is to go with something that can be easily fixed.

Everything I've read suggests that putting water, chemicals, and pumps in a contained area is a temporary state that nature tries to destroy from existence.

Experience from a friend, and I own a (heated) pool.

Hot springs are the best according to my father who has owned a few

My home town had hot springs. In High school we went up there to test the water...the stuff that grew....

62vgja.jpg