Post TC 53 man roster projection

The following can still be shaken up with a Ragland trade for Martavis Bryant / Josh Gordon.

Quarterbacks (3): Tyrod Taylor, Nathan Peterman, T.J. Yates

Running backs/fullbacks (4): LeSean McCoy, Jonathan Williams, Mike Tolbert, Patrick DiMarco

Wide receivers (7): Jordan Matthews, Anquan Boldin, Zay Jones, Philly Brown, Brandon Tate, Rod Streater, Dalkiel Shorts

Suspended: Walt Powell

Tight ends (3): Charles Clay, Nick O'Leary, Logan Thomas, Michael Ola

Offensive tackles (4): Cordy Glenn, Jordan Mills, Dion Dawkins

Suspended: Seantrel Henderson
Interior offensive linemen (5): Richie Incognito, Eric Wood, John Miller, Ryan Groy, Karim Barton

Defensive ends (4): Shaq Lawson, Jerry Hughes, Eddie Yarbrough, Max Valles

Defensive tackles (4): Kyle Williams, Marcell Dareus, Jerel Worthy, Adolphus Washington

Linebackers (7): Lorenzo Alexander, Preston Brown, Ramon Humber, Reggie Ragland, Gerald Hodges, Tanner Vallejo, Matt Milano

Cornerbacks (5): Tre'Davious White, EJ Gaines, Shareece Wright, Kevon Seymour, Greg Mabin (or Sylve)

Safeties (4): Micah Hyde, Jordan Poyer, Colt Anderson, Bacarri Rambo

Special teams (3): Reid Ferguson, Colton Schmidt, Stephen Hauschka

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The following can still be shaken up with a Ragland trade for Martavis Bryant / Josh Gordon.

Quarterbacks (3): Tyrod Taylor, Nathan Peterman, T.J. Yates

Running backs/fullbacks (4): LeSean McCoy, Jonathan Williams, Mike Tolbert, Patrick DiMarco

Wide receivers (7): Jordan Matthews, Anquan Boldin, Zay Jones, Philly Brown, Brandon Tate, Rod Streater, Dalkiel Shorts

Suspended: Walt Powell

Tight ends (3): Charles Clay, Nick O'Leary, Logan Thomas, Michael Ola

Offensive tackles (4): Cordy Glenn, Jordan Mills, Dion Dawkins

Suspended: Seantrel Henderson

Interior offensive linemen (5): Richie Incognito, Eric Wood, John Miller, Ryan Groy, Karim Barton

Defensive ends (4): Shaq Lawson, Jerry Hughes, Eddie Yarbrough, Max Valles

Defensive tackles (4): Kyle Williams, Marcell Dareus, Jerel Worthy, Adolphus Washington

Linebackers (7): Lorenzo Alexander, Preston Brown, Ramon Humber, Reggie Ragland, Gerald Hodges, Tanner Vallejo, Matt Milano

Cornerbacks (5): Tre'Davious White, EJ Gaines, Shareece Wright, Kevon Seymour, Greg Mabin (or Sylve)

Safeties (4): Micah Hyde, Jordan Poyer, Colt Anderson, Bacarri Rambo

Special teams (3): Reid Ferguson, Colton Schmidt, Stephen Hauschka

Hmm, no, Andre Holmes? I do believe he needs to make some plays in the next 3 pre-season games. Same goes for Philly Brown as well. Between the two I rather have Holmes due to his special team's prowess.

Nice breakdown.

I agree with a lot of what you listed. Especially keeping Valles at DE & Barton at G.

Here's where I disagree.

I think the Bills will keep 5 at RB/FB. They will be focusing on the run game, and want as many players at that position.

They will keep 6 WR's, not 7, and Andre Holmes will be on the roster. I think Shorts is headed for the Practice Squad.

At CB, I see Leonard Johnson being kept over players like Mabin & Sylve.

Edited by Mark Vader

Anyone else on here cringing when they look at that LB & Secondary squads after White of course. All I can think about is that scene from Major League where the fans are reading the starting line up in the paper. Who the hell are these guys...

OP is correctly figuring that Holmes, DE Davis and OG Ducasse will be cut in order for Bills to gain a 3rd round compensatory pick. Some of them could be re-signed after week 1, possibly.... but they'll be cuts on the final roster to get the pick

Edited by cage

OP is correctly figuring that Holmes, DE Davis and OG Ducasse will be cut in order for Bills to gain a 3rd round compensatory pick. Some of them could be re-signed after the week 1, I believe.... but they'll be cuts on the final roster to get the pick

I think that they are released during the year (prior to week 10). They will take the conservative approach now imo.

I think the Bills will keep 5 at RB/FB. They will be focusing on the run game, and want as many players at that position.

I agree it is better to go with 5 RBs - but nobody else appears to have distanced himself.

They will keep 6 WR's, not 7, and Andre Holmes will be on the roster. I think Shorts is headed for the Practice Squad.

I still think the 3rd round comp pick is in play with this regime. Otherwise I wouldnt have thought twice about leaving Andre Holmes in there.

At CB, I see Leonard Johnson being kept over players like Mabin & Sylve.

I agree this is purely my gut feel. Actually I think LJ was higher on the provisional depth chart - so what you say is quite likely. My choice is conditional on Seymour being healthy.

Edited by IgotBILLStopay

What is this Bryant trade talk coming from. Did i miss some asnine rumor?

Also NFL logic tells me if Peterman beats Yates for Number two buh bye Yates (no reason to carry 3 at that point)

Edited by MAJBobby

I just posted this is another thread, thought I'd share:

QB (2) - Tyrod Taylor, Nathan Peterman
RB (3) - LeSean McCoy, Jonathan Williams, Mike Tolbert

FB (1) - Patrick DeMarco
WR (7) - Anquan Boldin, Zay Jones, Jordan Mattews, Andre Holmes, Corey Brown, Rod Streater, Brandon Tate

TE (3) - Charles Clay, Nick O'Leary, Logan Thomas
OT (3) - Cordy Glenn, Jordan Mills, Dion Dawkins
OG (4) - Richie Incognito, John Miller, Michael Ola, Jordan Mudge
C (2) - Eric Wood, Ryan Groy

DE (4) - Shaq Lawson, Jerry Hughes, Eddie Yarbrough, Max Valles
DT (4) - Kyle Williams, Marcel Dareus, Adolphus Washington, Jerel Worthy
LB (7) - Preston Brown, Lorenzo Alexander, Ramon Humber, Gerald Hodges, Reggie Ragland, Tanner Vallejo, Matt Milano

CB (5) - Tre'Davious White, EJ Gaines, Kevon Seymour, Leonard Johnson, Shareece Wright

S (5) - Micah Hyde, Jordan Poyer, Shamiel Gary, Bacarri Rambo, Colt Anderson

K (1) - Steven Hauschka

P (1) - Colton Schmidt

LS (1) - Reid Ferguson

Suspended - Seantrel Henderson, Walter Powell

When Seantrel and Walt return, I would cut Mudge and Holmes. We'd have cut Davis, Ducasse and Holmes for the 3rd round comp pick.

Think Tate has the KR and PR job outright and he will suit up mostly for that purpose, which is why I have 7 WRs on the roster. Don't think they will keep on Banyard or any of those other RBs. From the first preseason game it was clear they intend to use Tolbert as a RB and he looked good.