Both Watkins, Darby said they need to "get in better shape"

YoloinOhio

I think it's in reference to strength and conditioning. which would explain why the Bills' offense was always so flat after the half.

I know people on this board have questioned the Bills' strength and conditioning due to their late game performance.

no. People question the strength and conditioning because players are always getting hurt. Especially Sammy.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The good news is that Watkins is healthy.

“I’m 100 percent,” he said. “The foot thing is out the door. I probably have to get in a little bit better shape, but other than that, I’m fine.”

I take that to mean, that now he is finally healthy, he can work without constraints on his speed and endurance.

The good news is that Watkins is healthy.

Im 100 percent, he said. The foot thing is out the door. I probably have to get in a little bit better shape, but other than that, Im fine.

I take that to mean, that now he is finally healthy, he can work without constraints on his speed and endurance.

or...

Not that I'm no longer on a team that I never wanted to be on. I'm now in a place that's fancy and glitzy, I can stop pretending to be hurt and I can actually focus on my craft

or...

Not that I'm no longer on a team that I never wanted to be on. I'm now in a place that's fancy and glitzy, I can stop pretending to be hurt and I can actually focus on my craft

Pretty far length for a guy to take a fake injury so far that he gets two surgeries. Good analysis.

or...

no way he faked injury

if anything, sammy played hurt and before he should have.

sammy is a stud. switch teams/ qb's with sammy & OBJ......circumstances would be a whole lot different for both players.

The usual WNY thin skin and rabbit ears.

Maybe Watkins hated the place and he has every right to hate Rex for pushing him onto the field (I know, people here will argue otherwise) last year when he wasn't ready, but I don't remember him ever bad-mouthing Buffalo. I agree with posters who say he's talking about coming back from injury and not taking a parting shot at the people who just sent him to a better situation (being in LA, not being on the Rams).

The usual WNY thin skin and rabbit ears.

Maybe Watkins hated the place and he has every right to hate Rex for pushing him onto the field (I know, people here will argue otherwise) last year when he wasn't ready, but I don't remember him ever bad-mouthing Buffalo. I agree with posters who say he's talking about coming back from injury and not taking a parting shot at the people who just sent him to a better situation (being in LA, not being on the Rams).

i never looked at it as taking a shot at anyone... but himself I guess

Pretty far length for a guy to take a fake injury so far that he gets two surgeries. Good analysis.

never said he faked an injury. He did not suit up after the surgery when doctors and coaches both said the injury was no longer an issue. It was dealing with pain. And that, imo is fabricated by Sammy. I've gone to length talking about this. With actual inside information from trainers that informed someone I know personally. Of course nobody wants to listen or give any credibility to it. Suit yourselves. I don't care anymore. Sammy is a loser and I'm glad he's off this team.

no way he faked injury

if anything, sammy played hurt and before he should have.

sammy is a stud. switch teams/ qb's with sammy & OBJ......circumstances would be a whole lot different for both players.

well, he's in another team now. So we'll see what he's made of. My money is that he'll be "hurt" again this year. But I don't doubt he has a career year now that he's playing for a FA contract. But my stance is that he won't be all the glitz and glamour that everyone here makes him out to be.

i never looked at it as taking a shot at anyone... but himself I guess

Agreed, the context implied that he recovered from the foot injury and now he can focus on getting in better shape. Sure did not look alike a dig at the coaching staff to me.

no. People question the strength and conditioning because players are always getting hurt. Especially Sammy.

hm, no. I've heard both. it's come into question pretty often over the past few years.

never said he faked an injury. He did not suit up after the surgery when doctors and coaches both said the injury was no longer an issue. It was dealing with pain. And that, imo is fabricated by Sammy. I've gone to length talking about this. With actual inside information from trainers that informed someone I know personally. Of course nobody wants to listen or give any credibility to it. Suit yourselves. I don't care anymore. Sammy is a loser and I'm glad he's off this team.

well, he's in another team now. So we'll see what he's made of. My money is that he'll be "hurt" again this year. But I don't doubt he has a career year now that he's playing for a FA contract. But my stance is that he won't be all the glitz and glamour that everyone here makes him out to be.

Wrong. The situation was exactly 180 degrees different from what you believe.

@theMMQB

Don't ask Sammy Watkins how his foot is feeling. He's done talking and ready to play in a contract year.

https://www.si.com/n...contract-option

Last season was the most trying one for Watkins. He was determined not to be held back by the offseason foot surgery, so he was sprinting on the training-camp field just four months later. He played the first two regular-season games, but then was placed on short-term IR because of lingering soreness in the foot. It was only after Watkins returned in November, after an eight-game absence, that Lynn revealed to the media that the receiver was still dealing with a broken bone. He was limping through walk-throughs. He could only run a certain portion of the route tree. At one point, he was wearing linemen’s cleats to practice, desperate to find anything even slightly more comfortable.

Some around Watkins urged him to just go ahead and get the surgery, but he was determined to play out the season. The fact that he was still the best receiver on the team—in Week 16 against the Dolphins he racked up 154 receiving yards—masked the mental and physical strain.

“It was incredibly difficult,” Incognito says. “All through the offseason, there were lingering questions: Would he be ready for camp? He was battling that. Then we got into the season and the foot wasn’t where it needed to be. It was really a whole gamut of emotions. I felt—as a competitor, as a teammate, as a friend—frustrated for him. You see the frustration because he just wants to be out there with us. I think it speaks to the man that he is and what a great competitor he is because he could’ve just put it on the shelf in 2016. … But he went through the pain and he labored through just to be out there those last couple games.”

Wrong. The situation was exactly 180 degrees different from what you believe.

@theMMQB

Don't ask Sammy Watkins how his foot is feeling. He's done talking and ready to play in a contract year.

https://www.si.com/n...contract-option

your link was from training camp this year. Again, you won't care to agree anyway because you like many other idiots here have a serious issue loving this guy for no reason whatsoever. But he's sidelined himself in the past because he was "hurt". Believe what you want. At the end of the day I'm not only happy he's off this team I get to see all the Sammy fanatics cry like a bunch of millennials at an anti Trump rally.