Bold prediction : Tyrod will get traded if...

Steptide

Peterman has another solid game this Thursday. After the Sammy trade, I don't put anything past the bills front office. I have no doubt if Peterman plays well again on Thursday, they will trade Tyrod, assuming another team is willing.

My guess is they would feel they can get the same production out of Peterman as they can Tyrod, minus the running.

Thoughts?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything's possible after Black Friday. That said, completing a few passes against 3rd and 4th stringers doesn't cement Peterman as a starter. If it does then we are in full tank mode.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Peterman has another solid game this Thursday. After the Sammy trade, I don't put anything past the bills front office. I have no doubt if Peterman plays well again on Thursday, they will trade Tyrod, assuming another team is willing.

My guess is they would feel they can get the same production out of Peterman as they can Tyrod, minus the running.

Thoughts?

Their decision isn't going to be made based on this Thursday's preseason game. If it is, then Beaner is a total idiot.

Thoughts?

Eh, I think this is a bit of a stretch. They brought back Tyrod several reasons and Peterman showed some promise, but, he also showed he is still a rookie against the third stringers.

More Nathan Peterman Love.....Great!

Thoughts?

Think don't feel.

Nathan Peterman Love has gotten out of hand.

I have no doubt if Peterman plays well again on Thursday, they will trade Tyrod, assuming another team is willing.

hot takes.

I don't see peterman taking the starters position, based off

PRESEASON

now if/when taylor gets injured (although trade talk seems of interest to some so he may not be here?) in the regular season, there you have it, nate at the helm. I mean the kid has displaced yates, moved to #2, or so it seems. so hell, he could lead the team to the promise land.

status quo has the taylor led team at 4-5 wins anyway, so there you have it, start him...

Thoughts?

No, Tyrod isn't getting traded.

Thoughts?

While I understand why you might think this, I will have to say this is highly unlikely because the circumstances are not the same. Here is why:

1. Everything pointed to McD liking Tyrod since he got here.

2. Tyrod is on a very team friendly deal.

3. The best way to develop a rookie is to NOT throw him to the wolves.

4. Most of our WR group doesn't even know the offense yet as they are all mostly new like Boldin and Jordan, to go with a rookie in Zay. That would only further hurt the development of a rookie who is also trying to learn the offense as well as get used to playing in the NFL.

5. There is still a good roster here, and they want to change the culture, so I can't see them trying to just go in full tank mode. If so, the person WAAAAY more likely to be traded at that point would be McCoy because he has less long term value given his age and would fetch the biggest return.

6. Its super rare for teams to make trades for a QB so close to the season as its the most complicated position and not one you can easily step into someones elses language and scheme. Usually it takes a serious injury on a real contender for those types of things to occur, so I would doubt there would be much value in a TT trade without a team sitting with a big need.

If you take Beane at his word, they felt strongly they would lose Sammy after this year due to cap reasons. Darby didn't fit the scheme according to them either and wasn't buying in, so using him as a commodity to lessen the blow of losing Sammy and getting another draft asset makes sense as well.

So, again I get people see surprising moves and just generally think anything is possible, however, everyone is grossly over looking a lot of the context that promoted the trades and the context around these what if trades.

Odds of happening I would comfortably put at close to zero.

PS: And while I too was encouraged by Peterman, it wasn't that impressive. He had a solid start against a bunch of reserve players and fringe roster players.

Edited by Alphadawg7

I think the Broncos would trade for him in a heartbeat.

I don't think so...if project Trevor over 16 games last year he would have hit 3900 yards, something like 25 TD's with only like 12 INTs. He wasn't exactly a disaster, and they still like Paxton...and MOST importantly, they both know the offense and the players. I would seriously doubt they would rock the ship this close to the season without an injury. If they wanted to trade for TT they would have long made an offer a while ago, and I would thing we would have either heard about it if they did or we would have accepted if it was decent.

Thoughts?

My thought is that any team that goes into the season with 1 QB is stupid