What if the Ravens (etc) called about Tyrod?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There would be several problems with this scenario.

It would be an even more blatant communication of an intention to tank than even anything the Sabres did. Tyrod is under long-term contract and was just in the pro-bowl, dumping him to play a 5th round rookie would be the ultimate disrespect to fans and the player that remain. How do you explain that to Kyle Williams or Shady or Ritchie?

They would be playing in front of low crowds and no team unity, getting destroyed on talk radio every day. At that point you also have to try to trade Shady. I'm not sure if there's a punishment the league could put on a team for practically deliberately trying to lose. And how do you justify that action to any player that got hurt with either a season or career ending injury, while you're tanking?? Players are being diagnosed w/ CTE and having life threatening repercussions from putting it all on the line in football games... to tank?? Who would ever want to play for a FO that did that?

I get the two trades.... unclear how healthy Sammy really is and whether he could be re-signed at the end of the year. By the articles I've read, Darby wasn't a fit nor buying into the new system. If those are the reasons to move them then that's fine. To run a fire sale during training camp is not possible.

I don't think the Front Office would recover from doing a move like that.

Edited by cage

Haha, really?

Thad Lewis the same Thad that used to be a Bill, come on man it's such a OMG really moment. SMH

Maybe I'm just misreading something. But I think you are saying it's funny they are taking Thad over Tyrod. I don't k ow why it's funny because Tyrod isn't an option for them.

Maybe I'm just misreading something. But I think you are saying it's funny they are taking Thad over Tyrod. I don't k ow why it's funny because Tyrod isn't an option for them.

that's simple. he's had an agenda against taylor, quite adamant about it. don't waste your time with him, he's a sour sort and will only be happy when taylor is gone.

then he'll call those that recognize his agenda CoT, taylor lovers and on and on and on...

Im not taking a 2nd round pick for a starting quarterback

If they wanted to trade a 1st, a future first, a couple of seconds....something like that....I would listen

Way to much.

A 1st and a 3rd max is about his value

If the Bills FO can't see Tyrod as the long term solution at QB, would they trade him before the 17 season? From everything we have seen to this point, it's clear the Bills have a plan. It seems as if that plan is to gain as much draft capital as possible. Should a team (like Baltimore) come calling for Tyrod, it could have a multi pronged effect on the Bills plan coming to life.

-Obviously the Bills would get something back from that team. Hopefully at least another 2nd rounder. You could probably even get a pick and a player. Maybe a guy that can help long term.

-The Bills would also gain a chance to evaluate the QB they drafted this past April. You can assume Peterman would be a step down from Tyrod, but what if by some crazy turn of fate...he wasn't? At some point, law of averages is going to allow us to get lucky and hit on a guy. No Tyrod means we get a better look at the future.

-Lastly, if the worst case scenario occurred and Peterman shows nothing and the Bills are terrible...at least you avoid the inbetween 6 or 7 win season that hurts our draft position. This is not the goal I would have in mind, but I suppose it's a nicely built in safety valve.

If the Bills feel like Peternan can be close to a lateral move and if they could get fair value, I would probably entertain the idea of moving Tyrod. If the Bills feel like the gap is so great, that the change would sink their season before it starts..then I would rather hold out. I'm not saying this situation would even have the opportunity to occur. It's strictly hypothetical at this point, but looking at the Ravens, Broncos and maybe even Colts current situation. You never know. Obviously if we were okay dealing Sammy, anything can happen. Go Bills.

There would be several problems with this scenario.

It would be an even more blatant communication of an intention to tank than even anything the Sabres did. Tyrod is under long-term contract and was just in the pro-bowl, dumping him to play a 5th round rookie would be the ultimate disrespect to fans and the player that remain. How do you explain that to Kyle Williams or Shady or Ritchie?

They would be playing in front of low crowds and no team unity, getting destroyed on talk radio every day. At that point you also have to try to trade Shady. I'm not sure if there's a punishment the league could put on a team for practically deliberately trying to lose. And how do you justify that action to any player that got hurt with either a season or career ending injury, while you're tanking?? Players are being diagnosed w/ CTE and having life threatening repercussions from putting it all on the line in football games... to tank?? Who would ever want to play for a FO that did that?

I get the two trades.... unclear how healthy Sammy really is and whether he could be re-signed at the end of the year. By the articles I've read, Darby wasn't a fit nor buying into the new system. If those are the reasons to move them then that's fine. To run a fire sale during training camp is not possible.

I don't think the Front Office would recover from doing a move like that.

Did you see the boards the day after the preseason game? If they started Peterman, people would at least be excited for a few games. The unknown is exciting for a lot of people