Jordan Matthews chest injury (update: Sternum chip)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Bills put together a good season, Sammy had a good year and the Bills offered him a good contract, why wouldn't he come back?

See my post in the King thread.

THE SAME EXACT things were said about Dareus.

And how has that 100 mill player worked out exactly?

If the Bills put together a good season, Sammy had a good year and the Bills offered him a good contract, why wouldn't he come back?

there's a lot of ifs there. i'm not sure how great the bills will be this year, and i just can't imagine sammy's production was suddenly skyrocket to warrant the money he likely wants. could it happen? i suppose, but the reality is that he numbers would likely be pretty similar. i'm guessing they'll be pretty similar even in la.

He's already complained about the lack of targets.

We are in a run heavy offense with a QB that struggles a lot in the pocket. Bottom of the league in passing two years in a row.

Not sure who our QB will be as soon as next year because we have a walk out clause from Taylor's contract this year.

Is it really that farfetched to think he wants to go to a franchise with stronger stability at the QB position and has more emphasis on the pass?

Since it was mentioned, these are some of the reasons why I believe that he wouldn't come back:

Well, to me, the most cited reasons why a free agent receiver chooses a particular franchise to sign with include:

Largest $ offered

Best/most established QB

Play for a perennial playoff/Super Bowl contender

Offensive scheme (run vs. pass ratio)

Size of advertising market for endorsement offers

Climate/amenities

Proximity to home town

State income tax rate

How do you project Buffalo would have stacked up against the other 31 franchises?

Edited by akm0404

I think you fail to understand that, with NFL free agents, there is no such thing as the concept of "letting them leave".

They are free to choose to accept a contract from any of the 32 NFL teams at their complete discretion.

If, if, if. Tough to deal in ifs when you're a GM.

And stop with the caps stuff. This isn't recess in the schoolyard here.

From Wentz to Tyrod. From supermodel to girl next door. Give the man space. He needs to recover from this. I mean girl next door isn't bad. But she ain't no supermodel.

Tyrod is better than Wentz and its not even really close at this point...other than the first four games, Wentz looked mostly terrible. Whole different ball game once DCs have game film on you and can game plan against you...

LMFAO!

You want players here who don't want to be here???

Just let Sammy walk for free?

Where did this Sammy didn't want to be here talk come from when he repeatedly said he wanted to play his entire career here publicly? Edited by matter2003

LMFAO!

You want players here who don't want to be here???

Just let Sammy walk for free?

We have to stop stating that Sammy didn't want to be here. In fact, we have to stop saying that about players altogether unless there's some kind of indication that that's the case.

He said, quite clearly, that he wanted to be here for his entire career.