Knee jerk reaction that losing Sammy is bad for TT?

GG

Don't be fooled. This trade was about one thing only; saving face by acquiring " something" in return for SW simply because you didn't pick up his fifth year option ( the smart move). Mistakes lead to other mistakes. Yes, it's bad for TT because they lack a dynamic presence on the outside and DC' s will play you differently. Factor in that none of your top three WRs were here with TT at all and one is a flat out rook, and it's easy to see that it's pretty bad now that the season is a few weeks off.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the end of the world and you know it

Is that the song you want to hear?

Fare thee well fair weather fans.

Have fun with your new team.

Chase Sammy to LA, me I'll stick around.

Oh I'll still follow this team. But I'm yet to be convinced that this is in any way a good move or that Beane, McDermott will lead us to the promised land. My confidence meter is lower than it was Thursday. I don't think any Bills fan can be called " fair weather" after what we've watched the last 17 years.

Don't be fooled. This trade was about one thing only; saving face by acquiring " something" in return for SW simply because you didn't pick up his fifth year option ( the smart move). Mistakes lead to other mistakes. Yes, it's bad for TT because they lack a dynamic presence on the outside and DC' s will play you differently. Factor in that none of your top three WRs were here with TT at all and one is a flat out rook, and it's easy to see that it's pretty bad now that the season is a few weeks off.

Don't be fooled. Anyone can create a crack pot theory which fits in their preconceived perception and make it "fact" by repeating it enough times - i.e. La Conjecture.

But then why respond with talk of sammys 8 games? If Matthews plays 14 games this year we have a better offense than last season. Probably not better than it could be with Sammy this year but we have still improved on last years offense. So at the end of the day we still got better from last year but maybe not as good as with Sammy. So we are still a better team and that's a hard fact Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because Sammy played 16 and 13 games in year 1 and 2. So to say "oh better than last year so :thumbsup: for getting rid of that guy, he must have been the problem ​with the WR corp" is ridiculous and absurd. Based on Watkins play, it is more likely he will play 13+ games than it is he doesn't. Based on that are we better off without Sammy? No.

Huge mistake imo. If we even thought about trading him, we should have picked up the option. His value increases with that extra year buffer. Not to mention Beane admittedly did not even shop Sammy around. It is crazy to me that he didn't see what else was on the table from other teams.

Edited by What a Tuel

Am I one of the only ones that would like to see tyrod do well this year? I wanted Fitz, Orton, Manuel, Losman, Bledsoe, to do well when they were the man. Just like I want to see tyrod do well. Again, I'd like us to win and support players instead of wanting them to fail

Am I one of the only ones that would like to see tyrod do well this year? I wanted Fitz, Orton, Manuel, Losman, Bledsoe, to do well when they were the man. Just like I want to see tyrod do well. Again, I'd like us to win and support players instead of wanting them to fail

Nope, I am right there with you. The gross over exaggeration of how bad Tyrod is annoying to say the least. He is no where near as bad as many make him out to be, and I for one am rooting for the kid to succeed.

That being said, I am not blind, he needs to take a noticeable step forward this year for sure. I just have optimism he can, and EVERYONE should be rooting for him to do so that way we can spend those major draft assets next year loading up this team rather than trading them for one player.

However, TT can go out and throw for 4000 yards, rush for another 500, and put a combined 40TDs with 8 ints and the anti TT crowd will STILL rail against the kid and want him gone just so they can be right about their negativity on him. Some people care more about rooting against him than actually rooting for him to succeed.

We won't know until it plays out.

But I can see the logical progression going like this - If one of them has to go, it makes sense to move on from Sammy despite his talent. If Tyrod is decidedly not the guy, then you are realistically looking at 2019 as the year where the new QB starts to pan out. In the meantime, you're spending $50 - $60 million on a star WR with an unproven QB.

Even with Sammy's talent, he wasn't adding more to the wins than other pieces in Bills' offense. Tyrod with a functioning offense does a lot more for you than Sammy with a rookie QB.

Last time I checked...TT was doing alot less than most of the other QB's in the league...the run game carried the load. The failures at the end of games that were there for the taking was apparent as well. And now he's missing his go to guy who could make plays when needed and draw safeties over to his side.

I disagree that TT does alot more than Sammy. I'll take an average QB and Watkins over an average QB and average WR.

Nope, I am right there with you. The gross over exaggeration of how bad Tyrod is annoying to say the least. He is no where near as bad as many make him out to be, and I for one am rooting for the kid to succeed.

That being said, I am not blind, he needs to take a noticeable step forward this year for sure. I just have optimism he can, and EVERYONE should be rooting for him to do so that way we can spend those major draft assets next year loading up this team rather than trading them for one player.

However, TT can go out and throw for 4000 yards, rush for another 500, and put a combined 40TDs with 8 ints and the anti TT crowd will STILL rail against the kid and want him gone just so they can be right about their negativity on him. Some people care more about rooting against him than actually rooting for him to succeed.

That's strictly you're opinion.

I disagree with those thoughts personally, and I doubt anyone that's a Bills fan thinks that way.

I know you are smarter than this, so maybe just stop taking posts against Taylor as hate and realize that it's fine to not like the QB and what he does and speak about it.

Last time I checked...TT was doing alot less than most of the other QB's in the league...the run game carried the load. The failures at the end of games that were there for the taking was apparent as well. And now he's missing his go to guy who could make plays when needed and draw safeties over to his side.

I disagree that TT does alot more than Sammy. I'll take an average QB and Watkins over an average QB and average WR.

I disagree with those thoughts personally, and I doubt anyone that's a Bills fan thinks that way.

I know you are smarter than this, so maybe just stop taking posts against Taylor as hate and realize that it's fine to not like the QB and what he does and speak about it.

But it's not fine to criticize an oft injured WR right?

Oh I'll still follow this team. But I'm yet to be convinced that this is in any way a good move or that Beane, McDermott will lead us to the promised land. My confidence meter is lower than it was Thursday. I don't think any Bills fan can be called " fair weather" after what we've watched the last 17 years.

There is a lot of opinions to be had and a lot of complaints have been made.

The NFL is a business and in this business players get traded all the time.

This is not the end of the world. Sammy had his moments, just not enough of them imo.

Who do we blame? Sammy, play calling, the QB, or something else?

The last post was made after I saw a Rams logo as an avatar so I made the post to those who have gone a bit overboard reaction wise.

To those I say If you love Sammy folllow him.

Me my confidence is the same.

TT needs to prove he's a good passer and w/o Sammy.

Because Sammy played 16 and 13 games in year 1 and 2. So to say "oh better than last year so :thumbsup: for getting rid of that guy, he must have been the problem ​with the WR corp" is ridiculous and absurd. Based on Watkins play, it is more likely he will play 13+ games than it is he doesn't. Based on that are we better off without Sammy? No.

Huge mistake imo. If we even thought about trading him, we should have picked up the option. His value increases with that extra year buffer. Not to mention Beane admittedly did not even shop Sammy around. It is crazy to me that he didn't see what else was on the table from other teams.

NOT shopping Sammy was a calculated strategy after their F - up of not picking up his option. The word would have been out that the Bills were now dealing from a weakened position. Instead, he likely played off the calls as thanks but no thanks material because " they were still planning on keeping Sammy" . Just letting the word get out so he could get something a bit better than the fire sale price he'd have to accept if Watkins put up numbers and word got out that he wouldn't re-sign here. It's sensible, but a troubling sign that certain things are more important than winning, and that this FO isn't primarily interested in guys producing and earning contracts .

That's the point. Sammy was not his go to guy. This is not even close to a Ryan Julio connection

But it's not fine to criticize an oft injured WR right?

Sure it is.

The problem with that though is that he is an elite talent at his position, while TT is not.

That's the point. Sammy was not his go to guy. This is not even close to a Ryan Julio connection

So you dump the better player that could be the cornerstone for a decade and hang onto an average at best passer that has shown he can't win games unless the defense plays great?

Sorry...this doesn't compute for me.

Sure it is.

The problem with that though is that he is an elite talent at his position, while TT is not.

So you dump the better player that could be the cornerstone for a decade and hang onto an average at best passer that has shown he can't win games unless the defense plays great?

Sorry...this doesn't compute for me.

History shows that WRs rarely provide a decade of top performance. Especially the ones who don't fully commit to the craft.