Looking for a woman who is young and fast?

Only young once! But girlfriend!, put down the drink. You'll have a fighting chance sober.

Easy to do in these new tightly tuned vehicles... 100+ barely seems you are moving. Had Cooper S up to 135... It's still around just < 3,000 pounds and very solid and safer build than most small cars. If I was busted, would have been tossed right in jail, and rightly so!

I think I am sweating it... Sent my son to school with that 2014, MINI (F56)... Same exact everything (no English steering sided steering though), 6-speed, color, stripes as this:

Yet, summer wheels/tires are silver 18" Dunlops (way better handling). Winter, black 16s w/Blizzaks.

He gets one ticket and I am pulling the plug on this "experiment" and giving the 11 year old slug of a Jeep back... But if that Jeep flips, he's dead. Won't be engulfed in airbags like in the MINI. Better yet, he gets a ticket, he walks like during the first year of school. :-/

Oh... He's got a girlfriend, hope she reigns him in!

Who said I was smart... The thing does get him 30+ mpg... Maybe he will choose "Green" mode over "Sport" mode.

That's exactly the limit correct, .08 or above?

If she is exact... A good lawyer should be able to split hairs and get her off the DUI rap?

Only hope... But still doing 107. I wonder why they didn't slap reckless driving, worse than a speeding ticket and if she gets off the .08 rap, the reckless rap is a consolation prize.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

If she is exact... A good lawyer should be able to split hairs and get her off the DUI rap?

Only hope... But still doing 107. I wonder why they didn't slap reckless driving, worse than a speeding ticket and if she gets off the .08 rap, the reckless rap is a consolation prize.

Blowing a .08 is within the margin of error for the breathalyzer machines (which is + or - .01). I suspect she'll plead to driving while ability impaired by alcohol (a traffic infraction) with a 90 day suspension of her license and fines.

Just got back from 2 weeks in Germany....I did nearly 1,500 kilometers of driving in a small Ford SUV rental vehicle...

When traffic/construction/speed zones permitted, I cruised at 200 Km/H the entire vacation, around 124 mph.

American notions of what is "Fast" or "too fast" are kind of funny.

Was passed by a crotch rocket at one point probably going 170 mph...now that guy on a bike is kind of nuts.

Also bumped in to a Porsche 911 GT3 going probably faster than that...

I would say most traffic cruises around 100mph most of the time when in an unlimited zone.

Just got back from 2 weeks in Germany....I did nearly 1,500 kilometers of driving in a small Ford SUV rental vehicle...

When traffic/construction/speed zones permitted, I cruised at 200 Km/H the entire vacation, around 124 mph.

Was passed by a crotch rocket at one point probably going 170 mph...now that guy on a bike is kind of nuts.

I would say most traffic cruises around 100mph most of the time when in an unlimited zone.

Sounds about right.

100mpg... In a nice car is smooth. Barely realize you are doing it. Especially, out here where it is straight and flat.

Germany is like the upper Midwest with mountains in the South right?

Most research shows that the higher the speed limits the more dangerous the roads. Why is Germany different? Simple, they understand and strictly enforce the stay right except for passing rule. That is what makes high speed limits dangerous, the people who don't know how to drive and have no awareness of what is going on around them, staying in a lane when their speed warrants them to move over to the right. Nothing more dangerous than a car going 5 mph below the speed limit in the left lane.

Edited by Mark80

Going 107mph on a 2 lane county rd is stupid,doing it drunk is insane.

There are driveways,possible pedestrians,bike riders and trees or poles,close to the roadway not to mention loose gravel pot holes/ruts or standing water..

Most expressways/freeways are more than capable of handling travel at that speed but as someone said North American drivers are not properly trained.aware or prepared to encounter vehicles travelling at those speeds.

Besides most European countries have a zero tolerance for alcohol while driving.

My son's friend is German, lives there and comes to The States during the summer to visit his father.

From what he has said, everybody takes their road test on a manual transmission vehicle. I wonder if that is really true?

Anyway... ONLY 7% of Americans know how to drive stick. That's why 93% suck @ driving.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

My son's friend is German, lives there and comes to The States during the summer to visit his father.

From what he has said, everybody takes their road test on a manual transmission vehicle. I wonder if that is really true?

Anyway... ONLY 7% of Americans know how to drive stick. That's why 93% suck @ driving.

If a German takes the road test on an automatic, their driver's license says that. That means they're not legally allowed to drive a stick. It is MUCH more difficult to get a driver's license in Germany than the U.S.

Note to those who may travel to Germany: You're just as likely to be given a stick shift at the rental car counter as an automatic. If you can't drive a stick make sure when you make your rental car reservation that you ask for an automatic.

Mrs. Lew and I traveled in Switzerland and Germany in 1990 for my company's business. The car rental was a stick and I am surely glad my first car

was a 69 Bug many , many years ago. Driving on the Autobahn at 125 mph was not unusual. My business host reminded me to stay

in the RH lane except to pass. This was great advice as a time or two a Benz zipped by us at 150+ was my guess.

The business host also reminded me to observe the speed limits in town i.e 30 kph.

Right hand turn on Red was not the law in 1990 . Oops. I brought a little bit of America to Northern Germany.

Renting that car triggered good memories of driving a stick and I bought a 1991 Camry with a manual transmission.

Driving a automatic transmission in Germany was thought of as frivolous in 1990 according to my business host and his co-workers

This....They don't hand out licenses to anyone with a pulse.

I was watching a special on TV about the Autobahn, and they were talking with a test driver for either Mercedes or BMW. (He would take the new cars out late at night to certify how fast they could go for the new owners) He mentioned in Germany getting a license was a privilege, not a right. (He also mentioned engineers were perplexed over Americans need for cup holders in their cars)

I was watching a special on TV about the Autobahn, and they were talking with a test driver for either Mercedes or BMW. (He would take the new cars out late at night to certify how fast they could go for the new owners) He mentioned in Germany getting a license was a privilege, not a right. (He also mentioned engineers were perplexed over Americans need for cup holders in their cars)

Where else are you going to put your beer?