Bills trade Ronald Darby for WR Jordan Matthews, 3rd rd pick

YoloinOhio

Everyone is running around with their hair on fire over the change at WR.

I'm way more curious about our CBs. We've lost both Gilmore and Darby now. It's hard for me to believe that our young defensive minded Head Coach is going to pin his hopes and career on this new line up unless he's pretty sure his defense can withstand the changes. I'm praying that Gaines is a baller.

Agreed I have no clue who our #2 CB is. Wouldn't be surprised to see us make another move.

This is a good move.

The Watkins one, not so much.

THe Watkins one is hurting only because what we paid initially to get him. The problem with Watkins is that for a guy coming in as a #4 overall, he has done very little for this team. At the end performance and results speaks for themselves with this regime. I hope they will be able to hold everyone equally as responsible as they held Watkins and Darby. This goes for Dareus, Wood, Glenn, and Hughes.

Agreed I have no clue who our #2 CB is. Wouldn't be surprised to see us make another move.

I think Kevin will have a big role on this team

Everyone is running around with their hair on fire over the change at WR.

I'm way more curious about our CBs. We've lost both Gilmore and Darby now. It's hard for me to believe that our young defensive minded Head Coach is going to pin his hopes and career on this new line up unless he's pretty sure his defense can withstand the changes. I'm praying that Gaines is a baller.

can you say Shareece White ?

No reason for anyone to worry about the Secondary. 0:)

Leodis was released/or not picked up by Philly. at 32 years old.

:devil:

He looks thrilled

looks like he feels Philly will miss him. Is My Man Jim Schwartz still coaching Philly D ?

I've heard they really like Seymour as well.

I think he will the be the surprise #2.

feel free to berate me later.

who could step up to nickel and dime if seymour moves up the depth chart?

still need another CB upgrade.

BRING BACK ROBEY

can you say Shareece White ?

No reason for anyone to worry about the Secondary. 0:)

Leodis was released/or not picked up by Philly. at 32 years old.

:devil:

looks like he feels Philly will miss him. Is My Man Jim Schwartz still coaching Philly D ?

I think he will the be the surprise #2.

feel free to berate me later.

who could step up to nickel and dime if seymour moves up the depth chart?

still need another CB upgrade.

BRING BACK ROBEY

Im also in the Seymore camp. Kid has potential jus gotta get healthy

I've heard they really like Seymour as well.

Yep.

Im also in the Seymore camp. Kid has potential jus gotta get healthy

Yep.

Kid has the body the size . He read up well coming in. I think he had to sit his senior year due to injury and we picked him up late. a fifth ?

I don't recall details. I just decided at some point i liked him on the field. mistakes and good plays.

Cbs take some time, even today.

Kid has the body the size . He read up well coming in. I think he had to sit his senior year due to injury and we picked him up late. a fifth ?

I don't recall details. I just decided at some point i liked him on the field. mistakes and good plays.

Cbs take some time, even today.

Yeah hes got the long arms and he had the eye surgery storyline where before nfl $$$ he had like 20 -10 vision or something crazy that messed with his depth perception and he still overcame that to have a good ncaa career. Def an underdog to root for

Yeah hes got the long arms and he had the eye surgery storyline where before nfl $$$ he had like 20 -10 vision or something crazy that messed with his depth perception and he still overcame that to have a good ncaa career. Def an underdog to root for

yeppers Kiddo.

when he made it to Buffalo they looked into why he was never making interceptions even though he was on the ball. He said the lights were often an issue as well.

I miss Donnie Henderson

I can see why people don't like the Sammy trade and the value the Bills for back...

But the trade, the value seems pretty damn good to me. We got Jordan Matthews, who has been the NFL's most productive slot receiver in his 3 years in the league. Plus we got a 3rd round pick back, that should likely be in the top 1/2'of the round.

Darby was a #51 overall pick himself (I know that doesn't matter now). That 3rd could be around +/- 75 (ish). So you get a pick back 25?spots later than where Darby was drafted, PLUS the most productive slot receiver in the NFL - a very likely 1st round pick if he had entered the draft a year sooner instead of entering in one of the deepest WR drafts (if not the deepest) in NFL history - for a guy the coaching staff seemed to feel didn't fit the new defensive scheme as well, and they could have possibly even ended up cutting down the road (especially if he didn't rebound from his 2016 season).

We don't know what Darby is yet, either. He's played 2 years in the league. 1 year was very good, the other year was pretty ugly. So he's been good for 1/2 his career and not so good for 1/2 his career so far.

I do expect him to rebound under Schwartz, but what if 2016 Darby ends up being who he really is? Then this trade looks even better.

McDermott has done a great job with his secondary so far in his career. It's something he's known for.

Even last year when he lost a top 3 CB (5th round pick Josh Norman who McD basically developed into the player that he is today), has other injures and was forced to start 2 later round rookie CB's, he had them playing damn good football by the 2nd half of the year. He's had pretty damn good secondary for most of his career.

If McDermott feels that Darby is more suited to man coverage and is struggling in zone (more thinking involved in zone for CB's, may not be Darby's strong suit) as some in the media have been saying, then it was very smart to move on now, before his value possibly dropped, and get something significant for a player that was drafted for the previous coaches completely opposite defensive scheme.