Carucci article on Eddie Yarbrough

well said. some people get so sensitive its ridiculous. the one phrase you forgot for the white guys is "knows how to play within his limitations" i first heard that about Kelso and it gets thrown around on espn all the time.

i still dont know exactly what it means...

I can see how that comment can seem offensive if a poster was unaware of the running joke on here. Kirby did a great job of explaining it

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see how that comment can seem offensive if a poster was unaware of the running joke on here. Kirby did a great job of explaining it

Agreed. Poster who said it was unnecessary seems to be a BBMBer based on registration date, just missed out on the joke, but Kirby absolutely nailed the explanation.

Lunchbox hall of fame team: Tim Anderson, Ryan Denney, Chris Kelsay, Aaron Schobel, Kyle Williams, Paul Posluszny, etc.

Agreed. Poster who said it was unnecessary seems to be a BBMBer based on registration date, just missed out on the joke, but Kirby absolutely nailed the explanation.

Lunchbox hall of fame team: Tim Anderson, Ryan Denney, Chris Kelsay, Aaron Schobel, Kyle Williams, Paul Posluszny, etc.

Posluszny?

Definitely not Schobel or Poz.

It's a running joke on here. It's a lazy stereotype that analysts slap on white players (blue collar, lunch pail, high motor, etc...). It's code for "he doesn't have a lot of talent but he tries hard." It's been applied to guys like Kyle Williams who is a freak athlete. He didn't get this far because he "gives 110% every play." He got here because he's one of the most talented players in the world.

It is very rarely applied to black players. The stereotype is that the white player made it this far because he tries hard and the black player made it this far because of his ability. It's poking fun at how ridiculous and asinine that theory is. Everybody that has made it to that level, especially from a non-Power 5 school has earned it. They all work extremely hard and they all have great attributes. Yarbrough is the exact type of player that we as Bills fans love. He's Fred Jackson. He is Steve Tasker. He's an overachiever that has earned his opportunity.

:)

Good written. It was pretty stupid to begin with. You doesn't want a player with a high motor? London fletcher was high motor. As you said, Kyle Williams is a great athlete. When you have a great athlete and a high motor, you have something special.

A recent example of this was the debate over Chris Hogan and Da'Rick Rogers. It was thought that Hogan was just a high motor guy. Well, Hogan had a faster 40 and benched 225 lbs 28 times (DR got 10). And obviously, we've seen how those 2 careers have progressed.

But I'm definitely rooting for this kid. You never can have enough pass rushers. But I've fallen in love in preseason before so I'm going to take my time before fully falling. :)

Yarbrough's a sneaky athlete that really brings his lunch pail to work. As a coach's son he's got great fundamentals, and really plays the game the right way. He's a gym rat with a high football IQ, and deceptive speed. It also seems he has a lot of heart, and I would love to have his cerebral headiness on this team.

How is he in space?

I'm hoping that since he looked good in practice with the Broncos last year but didn't make the cut it doesn't mean that he's a great practice player but disappears during games. I guess we'll find out shortly.