Pre-season Wk 1 - What are you looking for?

For a change, I want the Bills to look competent during the preseason and win the game. I am tired of the "its only preseason, chill. They are hiding the O and D...During the Superbowl years they looked terrible also....." narrative.

I really want them to win

Pretty much my sentiments. I just want to see a professional, competent ..team. Although I care less about the win, because once the 2nd half gets there, the score is pretty much irrelevant. However, they should all look prepared, focused, and competent.

I just want to finally say... The Bills are able to field a real NFL team.

Okay so I am sitting at the back of a very dull work meeting and reading the Streater thread gave me an idea....

What are Bills fans going to be looking for tomorrow night?

Few quick thoughts from me:

- Interested to see if there are any quick, ball out, timing routes called for Tyrod and how he executes them. This is going to be a key indicator for possible improvment in the passing game in 2017.

- Does JWill look quicker and more decisive in this offense?

- Can Yarbrough - who likely gets a chance to start - build on his strong camp? We are desperate for depth on the edge.

- What does our 2nd string secondary look like? Especially if Seymour is out.

What else are people looking for?

I'm looking at the Linebackers, I know preseason is watered down but I want to see how they control the middle. I'm most interested in the younger guys like Milano/Vallejo because I know nothing about them.

On the purple side I will be watching Dalvin Cook, he was my favorite RB in the draft.

Pretty much my sentiments. I just want to see a professional, competent ..team. Although I care less about the win, because once the 2nd half gets there, the score is pretty much irrelevant. However, they should all look prepared, focused, and competent.

I just want to finally say... The Bills are able to field a real NFL team.

Said slightly differently, I'd like to see evidence the coaching staff has a plan to use the preseason to actually prepare the team for the season.

Okay so I am sitting at the back of a very dull work meeting and reading the Streater thread gave me an idea....

What are Bills fans going to be looking for tomorrow night?

Few quick thoughts from me:

- Interested to see if there are any quick, ball out, timing routes called for Tyrod and how he executes them. This is going to be a key indicator for possible improvment in the passing game in 2017.

- Does JWill look quicker and more decisive in this offense?

- Can Yarbrough - who likely gets a chance to start - build on his strong camp? We are desperate for depth on the edge.

- What does our 2nd string secondary look like? Especially if Seymour is out.

What else are people looking for?

Looking for discipline. Crispness in and out of the huddle. I want to see the defense look like they have some idea of what the hell they're doing. Not looking for perfection, it's the first pre-season game, but looking to see what impact McDermott and staff are having thus far.

1. No injuries

2. 2nd and 3rd string players. I want to see guys that earn a backup spot, guys fighting for a PS spot and see who will end up asking if you want to supersize that order.

3. Fewer penalties

4. 11 players on the field

5. Smart decisions from McCoach

There is so much that is new. Where to start??

1. How well does McD coach?? Is the team disciplined overall??

2. Is Taylor a better player in Dennison's system??

3. Have we become a short passing/play action offense??

4. Are we well suited for the 4-3 defensive scheme??

5. New vet players to watch: Yates/Tolbert/T. Jones/DiMarco/Boldin/Holmes/Streater/R.

Ross/Ducasse/Mills/Hauschka/R.

Davis/Yarbrough/Hodges/Hyde/Poyer/Rambo/Wright/Coleman/Ferguson.

6. Young returning vets: Sh. Lawson and R. Ragland. L. Thomas/J.

Williams/O'Leary/Washingto/Worthy/A. Coleman.

7. Rookies: Peterman/Z. Jones/Dawkins/Milan/Vallejo/Rehkow/Sylve.

I'm especially worried about the secondary so I'll be watching to see how the secondary performs overall tonight.

Posted this in the wrong topic...proves my rookie status...cut and paste, cut and paste

I really just needed to post something for the first time...been lurking here for 10 years ....I am ashamed that I have not.

so here goes....

I want to see how McDermott looks on the sideline...will he interact and teach? Will he do some fist bumping? Will he look like he knows what the hell he is doing? Will he act like he wants to win even though its pre-season?

Whew...I feel like I lost my virginity again...later...Im going to smoke a camel

I'm just watching to see the process.

Also:

- HB2, how Williams and Tolbert look back there and whether any of the rest look like they can challenge for a spot

- RT, like everyone else

- Groy because I wonder if he should be in the mix for RG/RT battle(s)

- Boldin, like everyone else

- Yarbrough because of all the positive reports

- Washington to size up our DL depth

- all the LBs

- Poyer and Gary

- Schmidt/Rehkow

Edited by JohnBonhamRocks