Early returns---Paxton Lynch heading towards being a bust...

Big Turk

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could have fooled me. I thought he was the second coming, the way people here talked about him. Then again we talk about every QB in a draft class that way.

I think a few people really liked him but the majority weren't big fans. He has good physical gifts but needed a lot of work.

Could have fooled me. I thought he was the second coming, the way people here talked about him. Then again we talk about every QB in a draft class that way.

There were some on here who liked Lynch but there were also plenty of us who did not like him at all.

There were some on here who liked Lynch but there were also plenty of us who did not like him at all.

I could never get past him looking like Losman, playing in a subpar conference, & in a gimmicky offense.

That said, if they ever got rid of him, I'd dump Yates for him in a second.

Was so glad we didn't take him even though many people on the board were clamoring for the guy. In college his plays were set. He made no checks at the line and he basically knew where he was going with the ball before the snap. He never took a snap from under center as well. Can't say this is surprising at all. It's what happens when teams are needy for a QB, in a lot of instances they reach for a guy in hopes he'll be more than what he actually seems to be. Just my 2.

You show me how many strictly Spread Offense QB's have succeeded in the NFL. Footwork is a huge aspect of the position. The guys who have never had to focus on it before tend to have issues. It contributes to success and failure for sure.

You show me how many strictly Spread Offense QB's have succeeded in the NFL. Footwork is a huge aspect of the position. The guys who have never had to focus on it before tend to have issues. It contributes to success and failure for sure.

Footwork is important, so is understanding a scheme that is suited for the NFL, but that doesn't have anything to do with taking a snap under center. These are world class athletes - it is not a monumental task for them to complete.

Tell me about the guy who busted because of "poor footwork" - I'd sure like to see an example. He likely busted because he was inaccurate, which could be caused by a poor release, footwork, inadequate height to see above the line, etc. etc.

Edited by TheElectricCompany

I admire your confidence. Is John Skelton eligible for the HOF yet or does he have to wait a few more years?

In roids defense plenty thought we should have traded our starting DE for him when he posted a poll for prosperity. I am surprised that poll has not been put under witness protection program although if it ever is there are multiple sites which have it cached for future generations of fans.

Footwork is important, so is understanding a scheme that is suited for the NFL, but that doesn't have anything to do with taking a snap under center. These are world class athletes - it is not a monumental task for them to complete.

Tell me about the guy who busted because of "poor footwork" - I'd sure like to see an example. He likely busted because he was inaccurate, which could be caused by a poor release, footwork, inadequate height to see above the line, etc. etc.

In a lot of instances the poor footwork leads to the bad release/mechanics on display by the QB's. It's all tied together. A guy who doesn't have a solid base and doesn't get his steps right is more likely to have an errant throw. You see it all the time. A guy who has spent his entire college, sometimes even high school, career taking snaps in the Gun can struggle in a more traditional system. I can't think of any strictly Spread QB who is a starter in the NFL at this point besides maybe two. Kaep played in a Spread @ Nevada. I think Tannehill played a lot out of the Shotgun @ A&M. Mariota took most of his snaps from the Gun @ Oregon, but he is just a special type of player in general. Other than those I can't think of any. Guys who have played with that rythm and timing their whole lives don't have to worry about the adjustment. The discussion here was about Lynch though and he clearly wasn't upper echelon at anything. When all the info came out about their offense, his responsibilities there within, and the fact that he hadn't taken a snap from under Center? I personally thought he would never make it in the league. Just my 2. :thumbsup:

In a lot of instances the poor footwork leads to the bad release/mechanics on display by the QB's. It's all tied together. A guy who doesn't have a solid base and doesn't get his steps right is more likely to have an errant throw. You see it all the time. A guy who has spent his entire college, sometimes even high school, career taking snaps in the Gun can struggle in a more traditional system. I can't think of any strictly Spread QB who is a starter in the NFL at this point besides maybe two. Kaep played in a Spread @ Nevada. I think Tannehill played a lot out of the Shotgun @ A&M. Mariota took most of his snaps from the Gun @ Oregon, but he is just a special type of player in general. Other than those I can't think of any. Guys who have played with that rythm and timing their whole lives don't have to worry about the adjustment. The discussion here was about Lynch though and he clearly wasn't upper echelon at anything. When all the info came out about their offense, his responsibilities there within, and the fact that he hadn't taken a snap from under Center? I personally thought he would never make it in the league. Just my 2. :thumbsup:

Yes, agree with much of this. I get that is a transition, but I think that for a top tier QB prospect, learning how to 1) take a snap from center and 2) work back to a 3-7 step drops is relatively easy, and will not be the reason a QB fails in this league.

QB will fail because of 1) Injuries 2) Inaccuracy 3) Poor on field decision making and 4) Poor off the field decision making.

Yes, footwork & releases could be a reason for inaccuracy, but if passes are on target, coaches probably won't give a damn how they look throwing the ball.

Edited by TheElectricCompany

It takes a while for people who worshiped QBs in the draft to admit they aren't who they thought they were. There's the usual five stages of grief. Denial, anger, bargaining, depression, then finally acceptance.

Stupid Raiders, Stupid Cowboys, Stupid Buccaneers, Stupid Panthers, Stupid Titans, Stupid Colts.

Why draft a qb when you can just pretend edwardsfitzlosmanbrohmtaylor is good enough

Yet people lost their damn minds when we didnt select him

What would people be doing now?

They did ? Link ?

I remember one poster who talked about him max

Some Bills fans are so quick to proclaim another team's QB sucks with so little experience but need a decade worth of starts under ideal circumstances to evaluate our own starter.

For the record, he probably does suck. Just pointing out the irony

It's only ironic if you can show for a fact they're the same people.

...PLENTY of time to have proven himself (COUGH).....the Bills pundits labelled Rambo a bust in pre-season game as a rook because he got torched......the "One 'n Done" crowd is circling.......Buffalo's "red carpet rollout" is stained with pigeon droppings....man I'd love to come here (BIGGER cough)....seriously?.....